• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Power of a Message of Peace is Unfolding.

Is Peace now possible

• Total voters

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How is this not just a bunch of fancy semi-cryptic words to simply say "there would be peace, if people would stop fighting"?

That is because people already live this way I peace.

When the world can no longer tolerate the war it brings upon its own self, they may consider that the Message was more than words, that is was very good advice that did need to be practiced.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't see that happening in the next 100 or 200 years at all. And likely not even then.

It was already well established in the 20th century when the League of Nations as the founding model of a world body, gave way to the United Nations, which will give way to the structure that will acheive a lesser peace.

The necessity of an elected world body to be given adequate powers of enforcing global peace, is being made obvious by current world events.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is it? Try telling the Russians, the Chinese, the Israëli's, the Somalians, the North Koreans,...
Let's see if they agree that "nation building" is done.

They are witnessing first hand what unbridled Nationalism can produce.

We can be lovers of our country, but we are world citizens.

The structures of governments need to be reconsidered and the voice of the people must be heard in the process.

The Baha'i have a role model for governance. Yet I see the future may combine a monarchy of spiritual guidance with some form of elected parliament.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm a pacifist and a "live and let live" kind of dude.
If everyone were like me, there would be peace.

Which essentially is just a repeat of "if everybody would stop fighting, there would be no more fighting. aka peace".

But it's not going to happen any time soon. Certainly not within any of our lifetimes.

Though Pacifism is founded on noble principles, it is not the required balance the world currently needs, as Justice requires the ability to enforce a code of laws for the good of the whole, it requires action.

So now we have to consider levels of Pacifism. I would offer Baha'u'llah gives us a balance by guiding humanity in a way to initiate peace, in a more active way.

Regards Tony

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
That is what I see happening.

The world events are fully reflecting both the promise of a United Future and the destruction of an old dysfunctional Old World Order.

View attachment 66816

So when will we get there, the Baha'i Universal House of Justice offered this in the 1985 Peace Message.

"Whether peace is to be reached only after unimaginable horrors precipitated by humanity’s stubborn clinging to old patterns of behaviour, or is to be embraced now by an act of consultative will, is the choice before all who inhabit the earth. At this critical juncture when the intractable problems confronting nations have been fused into one common concern for the whole world, failure to stem the tide of conflict and disorder would be unconscionably irresponsible."

It has been foretold that for peace to become established, it will need this event to unfold.

"The time must come when the imperative necessity for the holding of a vast, an all-embracing assemblage of men will be universally realized. The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and, participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world's Great Peace amongst men. Such a peace demandeth that the Great Powers should resolve, for the sake of the tranquillity of the peoples of the earth, to be fully reconciled among themselves. Should any king take up arms against another, all should unitedly arise and prevent him. If this be done, the nations of the world will no longer require any armaments, except for the purpose of preserving the security of their realms and of maintaining internal order within their territories. This will ensure the peace and composure of every people, government and nation."

Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 248

That will reflect what is offered in this passage.

"The time has come when all mankind shall be united, when all races shall be loyal to one fatherland, all religions become one religion, and racial and religious bias pass away. It is a day in which the oneness of humankind shall uplift its standard and international peace, like the true morning, flood the world with its light." – Abdu’l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 153.

The world events are giving credence to this statement.

"Unification of the whole of mankind is the hall-mark of the stage which human society is now approaching. Unity of family, of tribe, of city-state, and nation have been successively attempted and fully established. World unity is the goal towards which a harassed humanity is striving. Nation-building has come to an end. The anarchy inherent in state sovereignty is moving towards a climax. A world, growing to maturity, must abandon this fetish, recognize the oneness and wholeness of human relationships, and establish once for all the machinery that can best incarnate this fundamental principle of its life. – Shoghi Effendi, The World Order of Baha’u’llah, p. 202.

Does your path or faith offer such a vision of a path to peace in this age?

If so, please share.

Regards Tony

No

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We live in very interesting and dangerous times. It is a time when the actions of a few can cause the destruction of a large portion of the human race.
Why should that surprise anyone? It has always been like that. Alexander, caesars, Ghenghis, Timurs, and the more recent ones.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
That is because people already live this way I peace.

When the world can no longer tolerate the war it brings upon its own self, they may consider that the Message was more than words, that is was very good advice that did need to be practiced.

Regards Tony

I have no idea what your point is or how it relates to the post you are replying to.

I can only repeat the point...
It seems to me that that "message" I was replying to, was just a mega obvious and meaningless tautology. "if people would stop fighting, there would be no more fighting".

One hardly needs to be a "divine prophet" with a "divine message" to come up with such a thing.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It was already well established in the 20th century when the League of Nations as the founding model of a world body, gave way to the United Nations, which will give way to the structure that will acheive a lesser peace.

The necessity of an elected world body to be given adequate powers of enforcing global peace, is being made obvious by current world events.

Regards Tony

I completely disagree.

The UN includes Russia and China for example. None of these countries are interested in peace.
Then there's also NATO, an organization that ONLY exists because of the threat that Soviet Russia was and present Russia is (and will remain - I don't see that changing any time soon).

The formation of both the UN and NATO has also not brought about global peace at all. Not even in Europe.
Bosnia, Kosovo, Rwanda, Afghanistan, Lybia, Iraq, Vietnam, N/S Korea, Iran, Russia,...............

World war 2 ended almost a century ago. But ever since, wars have been raging in various parts of the world at any one time.

And there is no reason at all to think that it won't continue to be like that for the foreseeable future.
UN or no UN. NATO or no NATO.

In fact, what is happening today is triggering DEglobalization. Not a push towards more globalization.
Russia has demonstrated to the world that it is a bad idea for nations to grow a dependence on others through globalization. Russia has shown the world that nations are much better of trying to be as self-sufficient as possible.

China is going to be next on the list. The whole Russia fiasco has shown western leaders how rivals will HAPPILY use such interdependence as a weapon to achieve their own goals. China is watching closely and will be planning to do the same type of thing with Taiwan. And that will be magnitudes worse then the whole Ukraine thing.

So expect the west to take steps in the near future to move away from such interdependence with China as well. Europeans are going to be stimulated to "buy European". European companies are also going to be stimulated to do their production within Europe and not in sweat shops in China.

And the US won't be any different.

To summarize: the period of expanding and growing globalization has come to an abrupt end with the Russian invasion of Ukraine. And a process of deglobalization or localization is going to start.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Any so-called 'advice' is 'words' and nothing else.

We have a saying in Hindi, from a Hindu saint who wrote Ramayana in a local language - Tulsi Das:
'Para upadesha kushal bahutere'.
(There are multitude of people adept at giving advice to others).

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
They are witnessing first hand what unbridled Nationalism can produce.

We can be lovers of our country, but we are world citizens.

The structures of governments need to be reconsidered and the voice of the people must be heard in the process.

The Baha'i have a role model for governance. Yet I see the future may combine a monarchy of spiritual guidance with some form of elected parliament.

Regards Tony

You can have utopian beliefs all you want, but it's not going to happen any time soon.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The UN includes Russia and China for example. None of these countries are interested in peace.
Then there's also NATO, an organization that ONLY exists because of the threat that Soviet Russia was and present Russia is (and will remain - I don't see that changing any time soon).
Does US want peace? What would happen to their armament industry? NATO is a gang-up, therefore, there is a rival gang-up too. Remember Vietnam, Yugoslavia and Iraq.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why should that surprise anyone? It has always been like that. Alexander, caesars, Ghenghis, Timurs, and the more recent ones.

Did you really think about that reply? Weapons of mass destruction, that can cause global devastation are a sign of our times.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To summarize: the period of expanding and growing globalization has come to an abrupt end with the Russian invasion of Ukraine. And a process of deglobalization or localization is going to start.

Current situations just support how globalisation is needed. The current global events become our judgement, a necessary God given demonstration of the results of disunity, dictatorships, predudices and unbridled nationalism.

England also finding out what happens when you brexit.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

We have a saying in Hindi, from a Hindu saint who wrote Ramayana in a local language - Tulsi Das:

Your are most welcome and are invited to participate in the community building activities at any time. Just make a call, a spot will be found.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You can have utopian beliefs all you want, but it's not going to happen any time soon.

Does US want peace? What would happen to their armament industry? NATO is a gang-up, therefore, there is a rival gang-up too. Remember Vietnam, Yugoslavia and Iraq.

Peace is the desire of the majority I would say. Unfortunately a war like minority currently direct human affairs.

It appears civil unreast will visit many of the countries that have tyrannical rule, so it may be some time yet before efforts are made towards a lesser peace.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Did you really think about that reply? Weapons of mass destruction, that can cause global devastation are a sign of our times.
So what is strange in that? We first fought with stones. Then attached stone to sticks to form clubs and spears. Then we invented bows and arrows, and so on. Now we have new and better means to destroy our opponents.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Peace is the desire of the majority I would say. Unfortunately a war like minority currently direct human affairs.

It appears civil unrest will visit many of the countries that have tyrannical rule, so it may be some time yet before efforts are made towards a lesser peace.
Majority may not desire peace. US has not been able to ban guns though hundreds are killed in imbecile shootings. Wars also happen because governments (meaning the majority) wants it.
Civil unrest does not represent the majority. It represents a section who may have different views. It happens in democratic countries also.
Peace is anti-thetical to life. Just like good and evil, war and peace, both will exist all the time. World Peace is what the ignorant think and the snake-oil sellers sell.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I choose a government to do this, and my government is doing what is required. It calls on us when something more is required.

So is that a fulfilment of your own reply?

Regards Tony