• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Power of a Message of Peace is Unfolding.

Is Peace now possible

• Total voters

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is what I see happening.

The world events are fully reflecting both the promise of a United Future and the destruction of an old dysfunctional Old World Order.

download (2).jpeg

So when will we get there, the Baha'i Universal House of Justice offered this in the 1985 Peace Message.

"Whether peace is to be reached only after unimaginable horrors precipitated by humanity’s stubborn clinging to old patterns of behaviour, or is to be embraced now by an act of consultative will, is the choice before all who inhabit the earth. At this critical juncture when the intractable problems confronting nations have been fused into one common concern for the whole world, failure to stem the tide of conflict and disorder would be unconscionably irresponsible."

It has been foretold that for peace to become established, it will need this event to unfold.

"The time must come when the imperative necessity for the holding of a vast, an all-embracing assemblage of men will be universally realized. The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and, participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world's Great Peace amongst men. Such a peace demandeth that the Great Powers should resolve, for the sake of the tranquillity of the peoples of the earth, to be fully reconciled among themselves. Should any king take up arms against another, all should unitedly arise and prevent him. If this be done, the nations of the world will no longer require any armaments, except for the purpose of preserving the security of their realms and of maintaining internal order within their territories. This will ensure the peace and composure of every people, government and nation."

Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 248

That will reflect what is offered in this passage.

"The time has come when all mankind shall be united, when all races shall be loyal to one fatherland, all religions become one religion, and racial and religious bias pass away. It is a day in which the oneness of humankind shall uplift its standard and international peace, like the true morning, flood the world with its light." – Abdu’l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 153.

The world events are giving credence to this statement.

"Unification of the whole of mankind is the hall-mark of the stage which human society is now approaching. Unity of family, of tribe, of city-state, and nation have been successively attempted and fully established. World unity is the goal towards which a harassed humanity is striving. Nation-building has come to an end. The anarchy inherent in state sovereignty is moving towards a climax. A world, growing to maturity, must abandon this fetish, recognize the oneness and wholeness of human relationships, and establish once for all the machinery that can best incarnate this fundamental principle of its life. – Shoghi Effendi, The World Order of Baha’u’llah, p. 202.

Does your path or faith offer such a vision of a path to peace in this age?

If so, please share.

Regards Tony

I see rich are getting richer and poor getting poorer. Worse yet the control of the rich over the poor is strengthening. We are now living in a simulation they have created where the rich use us as the energy batteries for the twisted machine they have built.

Heyo

Veteran Member
That is what I see happening.

The world events are fully reflecting both the promise of a United Future and the destruction of an old dysfunctional Old World Order.

View attachment 66816

So when will we get there, the Baha'i Universal House of Justice offered this in the 1985 Peace Message.

"Whether peace is to be reached only after unimaginable horrors precipitated by humanity’s stubborn clinging to old patterns of behaviour, or is to be embraced now by an act of consultative will, is the choice before all who inhabit the earth. At this critical juncture when the intractable problems confronting nations have been fused into one common concern for the whole world, failure to stem the tide of conflict and disorder would be unconscionably irresponsible."

It has been foretold that for peace to become established, it will need this event to unfold.

"The time must come when the imperative necessity for the holding of a vast, an all-embracing assemblage of men will be universally realized. The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and, participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world's Great Peace amongst men. Such a peace demandeth that the Great Powers should resolve, for the sake of the tranquillity of the peoples of the earth, to be fully reconciled among themselves. Should any king take up arms against another, all should unitedly arise and prevent him. If this be done, the nations of the world will no longer require any armaments, except for the purpose of preserving the security of their realms and of maintaining internal order within their territories. This will ensure the peace and composure of every people, government and nation."

Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 248

That will reflect what is offered in this passage.

"The time has come when all mankind shall be united, when all races shall be loyal to one fatherland, all religions become one religion, and racial and religious bias pass away. It is a day in which the oneness of humankind shall uplift its standard and international peace, like the true morning, flood the world with its light." – Abdu’l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 153.

The world events are giving credence to this statement.

"Unification of the whole of mankind is the hall-mark of the stage which human society is now approaching. Unity of family, of tribe, of city-state, and nation have been successively attempted and fully established. World unity is the goal towards which a harassed humanity is striving. Nation-building has come to an end. The anarchy inherent in state sovereignty is moving towards a climax. A world, growing to maturity, must abandon this fetish, recognize the oneness and wholeness of human relationships, and establish once for all the machinery that can best incarnate this fundamental principle of its life. – Shoghi Effendi, The World Order of Baha’u’llah, p. 202.

If so, please share.

Regards Tony
I see peace (absence of war between nations) as a possibility in a far away future. In the current world and the near and mid future it is a worthwhile goal to work for but not obtainable.

danieldemol

Premium Member
It is interesting to see Baha'i co-opting Hippie symbols in spite of Baha'i opposition to sexual promiscuity and the Baha'i being pro-war on drugs.

Baha'i - pretend outwardly to be like you so they can indoctrinate your children to be inwardly not like you.

In my opinion.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see rich are getting richer and poor getting poorer. Worse yet the control of the rich over the poor is strengthening. We are now living in a simulation they have created where the rich use us as the energy batteries for the twisted machine they have built.

That has also addressed, it is a sign that things are about to change. The elimination of bith extreme wealth and poverty will come about via a spiritual solution to the economic problems. This will be born out of the efforts made by Nations to be united for peace.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see peace (absence of war between nations) as a possibility in a far away future. In the current world and the near and mid future it is a worthwhile goal to work for but not obtainable.

Then you also will work towards that Goal and each person that chooses that path adds to the majority that will bring it about.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is interesting to see Baha'i co-opting Hippie symbols in spite of Baha'i opposition to sexual promiscuity and the Baha'i being pro-war on drugs.

Baha'i - pretend outwardly to be like you so they can indoctrinate your children to be inwardly not like you.

In my opinion.

I personally know that no Baha'i pretends about peace, it is a chosen way of life.

One can consider if your input had a peaceful intent.

Are you able to offer an alternative path or vision for global peace and the wellbeing of all humanity? Remember it requires a global effort, so it requires a reconciliation and balance between many mindsets.

Regards Tony

danieldemol

Premium Member
I personally know that no Baha'i pretends about peace, it is a chosen way of life.
The war on drugs has been far from peaceful T. Vast numbers of police lives lost, judges families kidnapped, civilians bombed, on the other hand we had the CIA backing of butchers that targeted the families of drug kingpins, funded the war against other drug kingpins by selling their own etc.

Much of that could have been avoided if the government restricted itself to educational campaigns and only targeting drug kings in response to acts of terrorism.

One can consider if your input had a peaceful intent.
It did, more drugs where going into the US after the war on drugs than before it, so of what benefit was the loss of police and civilian life T?

Are you able to offer an alternative path or vision for global peace and the wellbeing of all humanity? Remember it requires a global effort, so it requires a reconciliation and balance between many mindsets.

Regards Tony
It doesn't require the reconciliation of all mindsets T, Baha'u'llah Himself condemned the mindset of the religious fanatic, but since Abdul-Baha has made the war on drugs part of the Baha'i religion such fanaticism can't be avoided,

'O ye lovers of God! In this, the cycle of Almighty God, violence and force, constraint and oppression, are one and all condemned. It is, however, mandatory that the use of opium be prevented by any means whatsoever, that perchance the human race may be delivered from this most powerful of plagues.'

Source: Drugs | Bahá’í Quotes

Abdul-Baha was surely acting on the best knowledge man had at the time in enabling "violence and force, constraint and oppression" in the war on drugs, however with hindsight we humans have mostly collectively learned that the war on drugs unleashed a wave of violence without having positive effect.

It is a shame then, that with the passing of Abdul-Baha you are left with such fanaticism set in stone.

In my opinion.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I stay realistic. Perpetual peace is never going to happen. It's just the way nature works. It's a nice thought, but that's all it is.

I can see periods of protracted peace, but not a permanent one, so peace still is something to look forward to and to try to break records with in the future.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is a shame then, that with the passing of Abdul-Baha you are left with such fanaticism set in stone.

I see no fanaticism set in stone. I do see the need for the application of God given laws.

The rest is unwritten and we must acheive all this by changing our own selves.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I stay realistic. Perpetual peace is never going to happen. It's just the way nature works. It's a nice thought, but that's all it is.

I can see periods of protracted peace, but not a permanent one, so peace still is something to look forward to and to try to break records with in the future.

I do not see the peace to come will be a perpetual peace, but an organic one where there will be elements that still pursue unlawful and non peaceful actions.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Actually my point was they need to be avoided if we are going to find global peace.

Nothing disingenuous about it.

In my opinion.

Peace requires justice, justice requires actions to be taken to subdue all tyrants and drug dealers.

Laws and enforcement are an integral part of obtaining peace. Anarchy is its downfall.

I agree with you that education of children will be the foundation of meaningful change.

Regards Tony

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Warmongers always have the best peace speeches before they start attacking. Name one that did not have peaceful language and who did not entertain pacifist intellectuals and who did not announce peace. In this transitional time no person is born with any particular place in society or defined value, however we are closer to knowing what it is which causes war. We are born into social confusion, however we have left a past in which the causes of war were mysterious. They are becoming clearer, more of an identifiable problem. We once thought demons caused war or that it was spontaneous or simple luck. It remains to be seen how war will end, but it will not be ended by speeches.
The commitment to be peaceful on a personal level is what it has. This is becoming more obviously important as treaties have failed and other group efforts have failed. So far they are always precarious. Treaties depends upon rational people and peace loving people.

We need answers to the psychological problems which plague humanity. Crazy people are mean sometimes, and they are very difficult to forgive since there is nothing to forgive them for. It is much easier to forgive a rational person, because they can learn. The good thing is that nobody wants to be crazy, so we wait until peace comes at last. After that we move on to the next level of resolving other problems such as scarcity and boredom.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Peace requires justice, justice requires actions to be taken to subdue all tyrants and drug dealers.

Laws and enforcement are an integral part of obtaining peace. Anarchy is its downfall.

I agree with you that education of children will be the foundation of meaningful change.

Regards Tony
I would argue that peace requires the wise application of justice.

Where drug dealers are able to conduct their operations without violence going to war with people single-handedly able to subvert entire states and unleash cataclysm upon civilians does not strike me as wise.

How can you justify the massive bloodshed where drug dealers are prepared to keep business between them and their addicted?

Or are you unaware of what happened in places like Columbia?

In my opinion.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How can you justify the massive bloodshed where drug dealers are prepared to keep business between them and their addicted?

I will allow the worldly wise to sort out those issues.

I play my part by not taking or promoting any non prescription recreational drug.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Warmongers always have the best peace speeches before they start attacking. Name one that did not have peaceful language and who did not entertain pacifist intellectuals and who did not announce peace. In this transitional time no person is born with any particular place in society or defined value, however we are closer to knowing what it is which causes war. We are born into social confusion, however we have left a past in which the causes of war were mysterious. They are becoming clearer, more of an identifiable problem. We once thought demons caused war or that it was spontaneous or simple luck. It remains to be seen how war will end, but it will not be ended by speeches.

The commitment to be peaceful on a personal level is what it has. This is becoming more obviously important as treaties have failed and other group efforts have failed. So far they are always precarious. Treaties depends upon rational people and peace loving people.

We need answers to the psychological problems which plague humanity. Crazy people are mean sometimes, and they are very difficult to forgive since there is nothing to forgive them for. It is much easier to forgive a rational person, because they can learn. The good thing is that nobody wants to be crazy, so we wait until peace comes at last. After that we move on to the next level of resolving other problems such as scarcity and boredom.

There appears to be quite a number protests arising in areas that have had enough of those in control dictating war and oppression.

We live in very interesting and dangerous times. It is a time when the actions of a few can cause the destruction of a large portion of the human race.

Regards Tony

danieldemol

Premium Member
I will allow the worldly wise to sort out those issues.

I play my part by not taking or promoting any non prescription recreational drug.

Regards Tony
*Shrugs* I too do not take or promote recreational drug use, but I still condemn the lack of foresight of Abdul-Baha in going to war on drugs since He was supposed to be connected to God through Baha'u'llah.

In my opinion.