• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The non-existence of Gods

Bear Wild

Well, they don't exist to me. I can't say anything about whether or not they exist to you but I would be interested in how to go about scientifically proving their non-existence.
To do that you would have to be able to describe what a god is. Good luck with that. They range in every imagination and change with time. But if you can I would like to hear.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The human theist looks at what he claims are the powers of God. One such power he thought upon lightning. The highest state of the spatial body not a Holy Mother, an abominated Mother....for we still live life sacrificed.

Males always quote I want just a little amount of a very large amount of mass for a small resource. Yet MASS exists first and origin. So what he theorises in the want of God is for a little God, so he wrote a thesis about how the little book proved he destroyed his little life support and sacrificed it.

For there is no little power of God, only the greedy want of it.

So when lightning is the power in the natural mass...you cannot own just a little bit of lightning, for there is no such natural status. Mass owns lightning and lightning is also a massive reaction.

Reactions says the male Gods. So if the Gods own the reactions and the Gods are not machines, then pretending your machine is a God is why the status and God destroyed you all was taught. For it is actually just a thesis about cause and effect of trying to claim that you owned the natural vacuum of space in a machine, when you never did.

So the teachings quoted the Holy Mother of God was the highest form of God, change it and you will get abominated. M and the A S S.

Meaning of M in the science theories is 13 and also a value 1000
A S S meaning
BRITISH
informal
a foolish or stupid person.
"that *** of a young man"
synonyms:
fool · nincompoop · clown · dolt · 
[more]

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, they don't exist to me.

Sure, you've probably never visited, but you could if you ever had the means and inclination. It's not hard to find on a map, or get pictures of the place. Plus, many of the gods there aren't local, they're regional, planetary, or cosmic in terms of domain. Pretty sure the planet we all utterly depend on for our existence - hence deified by myself and cultures worldwide and throughout history many, many times over - exists to you and every conscious human who has ever lived.

I can't say anything about whether or not they exist to you but I would be interested in how to go about scientifically proving their non-existence.

It can't be done when the sciences themselves study the gods. The best you can ever do is "I don't consider those gods." Deification is a subjective attribution - a title that designates a relationship of sorts. It is something that is deeply revered (aka, worshipped) by those who grant the subject that attribution. When literally everything has been deified at some point or another, the exercise of proving the non-existence of the gods is just... idiotic, honestly. It can make an iota of sense when talking about specific god-concepts, but otherwise it's just dumb. It's also like asking someone to prove their favorite color or something. It's not a matter of proof in the first place, it's an attribution people make to things. :shrug:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Well, they don't exist to me. I can't say anything about whether or not they exist to you but I would be interested in how to go about scientifically proving their non-existence.
Science already prove the non existence of God.

By using extra radiation, metal mass radiation to remove the God of their life, the God within, their bone/stone like body. How they learnt about a God not existing, when by scientific thesis all God forms existed as stated human reasoning.

For it is obvious that you cannot discuss when a God by science purpose never existed for nor would your own self.

Then we do an assessment on the scientist who then says if no God exists then nor would I, so I must be a God also.

How the quoted teaching "no man is God" came about as an after effect of being life sacrificed....for we do not exist as MASS. We however depend on mass to exist first. And all themes about God as told by a living human is that he meaning science gave every body a God title, for science purpose.....yet mass owned it, science never owned it.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Start by proving or disproving these

Qualities of God: omnipotence, omniscience, benevolence, supreme virtue, lives in an unconditioned eternal reality, omnipresence, immaterial, timeless, spaceless, has wisdom and knowledge that is irrefutable, all knowing and wise, has specific laws of justice, can literally do anything, supernatural, is the supreme moral authority, interacts with humanity by God's own governing spirit, has a plan to defeat all adversaries deemed to be evil, plan and purpose of God is being carried out in the world, carrying out the redemption of those whom heed God's commandments, author of Salvation, absolutely fair, has performed miracles, miracle worker, cannot and will not lie, always speaks truth, pure heartedness, holy, cannot and will not do evil or sin, God is love above all things, The most merciful, cannot and will not change in character, Supreme creator of a fallen world, the only true just avenger, expects true followers to put God's will first and foremost, expects true followers to love their enemies and pray for those who persecute them, wills that all be saved, must grant the freedom of will to accept or reject God for the sake of true fellowship, what did I miss?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I see stuff.
Varieties of stuff.
Very consistent in their forms and behaviours.
Their behaviours indicate volition.

I see tiny cometary lights. Almost always blue. In random places at random times. Usually just one, for a few seconds. It always makes me feel very good, like I’ve been blessed.

I see tiny black disks in the clouds. Many thousands like swarms of insects. They perform an extraordinary dance - a kind of swirling which keeps momentarily arriving at a three dimensional crystal pattern.

I see very energetic swarms of tiny silver white lights, darting in every direction, often doing radical changes in direction, spirals, coils, all sorts of motion.
Have never been able to tell if they are internal or external, although my intuition says internal. But I have heard no other references or explanation of this regular, long term visual event.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Coffee exists.
Coffee is my god.
My god exists! Checkmate atheists!

In seriousness, I don't think the non-existence of all gods can be demonstrated. You'd have to have exhaustive knowledge of reality, which nobody has. The most we can reasonably say is we don't have (good) evidence for any gods. But evidence might show up some day. :shrug:

Bear Wild

Start by proving or disproving these

Qualities of God: omnipotence, omniscience, benevolence, supreme virtue, lives in an unconditioned eternal reality, omnipresence, immaterial, timeless, spaceless, has wisdom and knowledge that is irrefutable, all knowing and wise, has specific laws of justice, can literally do anything, supernatural, is the supreme moral authority, interacts with humanity by God's own governing spirit, has a plan to defeat all adversaries deemed to be evil, plan and purpose of God is being carried out in the world, carrying out the redemption of those whom heed God's commandments, author of Salvation, absolutely fair, has performed miracles, miracle worker, cannot and will not lie, always speaks truth, pure heartedness, holy, cannot and will not do evil or sin, God is love above all things, The most merciful, cannot and will not change in character, Supreme creator of a fallen world, the only true just avenger, expects true followers to put God's will first and foremost, expects true followers to love their enemies and pray for those who persecute them, wills that all be saved, must grant the freedom of will to accept or reject God for the sake of true fellowship, what did I miss?

I posted this video before but it fits here.

Bear Wild

Coffee exists.
Coffee is my god.
My god exists! Checkmate atheists!

In seriousness, I don't think the non-existence of all gods can be demonstrated. You'd have to have exhaustive knowledge of reality, which nobody has. The most we can reasonably say is we don't have (good) evidence for any gods. But evidence might show up some day. :shrug:

Tell me what a god is and then we can consider non-existence vs existence. Unless you were serious that you worship coffee which is measurable and if that is all it takes to be a god and we can have scientific proof that coffee exists then we have our proof of god. Unless coffee is a woman which would make her a goddess.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Tell me what a god is and then we can consider non-existence vs existence. Unless you were serious that you worship coffee which is measurable and if that is all it takes to be a god and we can have scientific proof that coffee exists then we have our proof of god. Unless coffee is a woman which would make her a goddess.

I was not serious that I worship coffee. ;)

I've never thought of coffee as having a gender, but now you've got me thinking...:p

Bear Wild

I was not serious that I worship coffee. ;)

I've never thought of coffee as having a gender, but now you've got me thinking...:p

You had me going there. I was just about to place some coffee on my alter table and bow down and swear my allegiance. Thanks for telling before I made that mistake.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The most we can reasonably say is we don't have (good) evidence for any gods.

Only if we ignore most gods that humans have worshiped throughout history - which are personifications of various natural, social, and emotional forces. One of the most universally deified natural forces is the sun. It is more than a little bit of a stretch to say we don't have good evidence for the sun. It's not much of a stretch to say we have overwhelming evidence for the sun, even using the strict conceptions of evidence some folks like to use. The sun is one of the gods in many, many, almost all human cultures past. Along with things like the land, sea, and sky or social forces like justice, fortune, and war, or emotional forces like love and fear. All of those things - gods. If we want to stop being biased, anyway, and look at how gods were viewed throughout human history and yet today across the world.

But just ignore me. After all, dialogues about this topic nearly always ignore theological perspectives other than classical monotheism or its close cousins. I'll just sit here and pretend polytheism, pantheism, autotheism, and animism didn't (and never) existed, which by extension means I don't exist either. This post you are reading? It's not real. It doesn't exist.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Only if we ignore most gods that humans have worshiped throughout history - which are personifications of various natural, social, and emotional forces. One of the most universally deified natural forces is the sun. It is more than a little bit of a stretch to say we don't have good evidence for the sun. It's not much of a stretch to say we have overwhelming evidence for the sun, even using the strict conceptions of evidence some folks like to use. The sun is one of the gods in many, many, almost all human cultures past. Along with things like the land, sea, and sky or social forces like justice, fortune, and war, or emotional forces like love and fear. All of those things - gods. If we want to stop being biased, anyway, and look at how gods were viewed throughout human history and yet today across the world.

But just ignore me. After all, dialogues about this topic nearly always ignore theological perspectives other than classical monotheism or its close cousins. I'll just sit here and pretend polytheism, pantheism, autotheism, and animism didn't (and never) existed, which by extension means I don't exist either. This post you are reading? It's not real. It doesn't exist.

Well, here is a description of religion: (You have properly come across it or something similar before but it is just not for you)
Religion, human beings’ relation to that which they regard as holy, sacred, absolute, spiritual, divine, or worthy of especial reverence. It is also commonly regarded as consisting of the way people deal with ultimate concerns about their lives and their fate after death. In many traditions, this relation and these concerns are expressed in terms of one’s relationship with or attitude toward gods or spirits; in more humanistic or naturalistic forms of religion, they are expressed in terms of one’s relationship with or attitudes toward the broader human community or the natural world. In many religions, texts are deemed to have scriptural status, and people are esteemed to be invested with spiritual or moral authority. Believers and worshippers participate in and are often enjoined to perform devotional or contemplative practices such as prayer, meditation, or particular rituals. Worship, moral conduct, right belief, and participation in religious institutions are among the constituent elements of the religious life.
religion | Definition, Types, & List of Religions

So religion, and that includes what Gods are, is not that simple.
Now it gets worse in this thread, because it includes all versions of Gods, not just the monotheism and its variants, and besides the other religious Gods you represent, I represent a philosophical God.
And it will also include proof, justification, epistemology, logic, metaphysics and skepticism.

So here is a preview of my approach.
I accept all Gods as relevant for human belief and don't judge, which one is really real. That I leave up to the induvial to decide.
Rather I will concrete on 3 versions of knowledge and proof.
I know and can prove that X is Y.
I know and can prove that X is not Y.
I can't know whether X is Y or X is not Y.
Since I am a skeptic, when it comes to knowledge, I can do I do not know, but here is what I believe.

So I "don't play nice", because I accept a limit to knowledge that most people don't, because they haven't learned what limits knowledge has. And that limit goes really deep, when it comes to prove with knowledge, logic and what not.

In other words, there is in practice for the world as it appears no proof for all of everything, the universe/world and reality in the strong sense. It practice it is all belief, which appears to work, but there is no proof of the basic beliefs for any human.

So back to you. All the power to you and that you don't bow down to the cultural worldview of a single classical monotheism and the belief in the absolute power of proof, what some people believe in going back to classical Greek philosophy. In other words there is only one God and one Proof. Well, I really don't believe that and I like that there are other posters, who get that.
"But just ignore me. After all, dialogues about this topic nearly always ignore theological perspectives other than classical monotheism or its close cousins. I'll just sit here and pretend polytheism, pantheism, autotheism, and animism didn't (and never) existed, which by extension means I don't exist either. This post you are reading? It's not real. It doesn't exist."
I really like your use of reductio ad absurdum.