• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The God of the Bible is racist,homophobic and sexist

etong

I'd ask you what do they worship then, but you've already gotten that wrong. But, I wonder, if they do worship something, is that why so many of them are atheist?

They worship deities

I'm not the one telling a Luciferian she worships a zombie god.

Satanist, why would you want to worship someone who lost a fiddle competition in Georgia

It doesn't, because race/skin color is not mentioned. And, in it's earlier days, Ham's curse was probably stated to justify the Jewish repression of the Canaanites. Don't forget, those Bible characters most likely weren't white but different shades of light brown/wheat to dark brown/black.

It is in ancient texts

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The laws in the book of Leviticus only applied to the ancient nomadic tribes of Israel. Jesus Christ himself never condemned homosexuality..
Jesus Christ himself said that "every jot and tittle of the law" would be upheld. And those jots and tittles included tittering homosexuals (I said, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, being gay myself).
The book of Corinthians was written by some homophobic dude named Paul who didn't follow all of Christ's teachings.
Actually, Paul very likely had homosexual leanings himself, which terrified him. But you are correct, he didn't follow Christ's (if by Christ you mean Jesus) teachings. In fact, he altered most of them beyond recognition. That accounts, I think, for a lot of the confusion in the modern plethora of Christian sects and viewpoints.
Please don't judge Christianity based on ancient writings that many modern day Christians don't follow.
Then I think you are left with wondering what this "Christianity" you speak of really is.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
And I thought that "For God so loved the WORLD" that at one time he tried to kill everybody and everything in it, except for 8 people and anything that swam. Even those not old enough to have committed any sin greater than depending on a mother's breast.

Then again... he may have saved humanity.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
But someone who was a follower of, and believed in, those ancient teachings -- the Apostle John -- wrote "God is love".

I think it would be safe to say, that he was way more familiar with those writings, than you.

Based on that alone, I'd say your assessment of the Hebrew Scriptures is founded on misinterpretation, and what you've heard \ read from others. Or am I wrong? Have you studied it?

(If so, do you think your study of Scripture was more thorough than Apostle John's?)

Last edited:

etong

Don't understand this backlash, this is a common atheist viewpoint, and to treated as unwanted is ludicrious

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Then again... he may have saved humanity.
I keep hoping for better from you, for reason, though I thing my hopes are misplaced. Can't remember the other thread at this moment where you try to justify (yet again) the massacre of the Canaanites, but why not just restrict it to the Midianites? Let's go to Numbers 31:1-18....

17 Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man ]intimately. 18 But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves.

Would it help to ask if you remember that Moses's wife was, by some coincidence, a Midianite?

What basic part of human feeling is so missing in you that you cannot read a sentence like "kill every male among the little ones" and not feel offended to the very core of your being?

And if you are not offended, then I think I must always have been wrong to have ever hoped there was something better in you...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Don't understand this backlash, this is a common atheist viewpoint, and to treated as unwanted is ludicrious
Most atheists realize Buddhists don't worship monkeys or elephants. But, then again, many Buddhists are atheists.
And not many atheists do reach the "black skin curse" thingy. They realize that at least a few Biblical characters already would have been black, because that's where their from. It's a common CE mistake of some Christians though, to make all the characters white and assume such a curse turned skin black.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
In my anger, let me repeat that, over and over and over! Nothing in the world could ever make me accept "17 Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man ]intimately. 18 But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves" and think of it as something "holy and good."

This is wrong, evil, corrupt, unconscionable in every possible way in which I can understand my own humanity. That anyone can consider this to be part of something called "the Good Book" leads me to question their own inner morality. No, not to question it, to deny that they actually have it!