• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The God of the Bible is racist,homophobic and sexist

SA Huguenot

Anyhow,
You are correct that the Bible, Old and new testament condemns Homosexuality.
The reason is simple, God created us Man and Woman.
That relates to family bonds where Husband and Wife has children.
If you deny Christ because you are Homosexual, that is because of your choices, and not some guilt you can simply deliver to God's door.
Concerning Sodom and Gomorrah, they were not only Homosexual, but did not stay to one partner, raped on mass scale, had orgies, killed, stole, cheated etc.
To compare the acts of Sodom and Gomorrah with same sex couples of today, is to compare a cracker with an atomic bomb.
The Sin of Sodom and Gomorrah could not be forgiven, a gay's choices can be tolerated for their own conscience will speak to their heart about their relation to God.

I can never judge any Gay person. I have more sin than they.
I have to be tolerated by the Gay person, on my sin, therefore, I will tolerate their sin.
God is the one that will judge me on my works, and any Gay equally to the justice and grace I receive.

But, I will not shout in the Face of God, if he tells me He hates Homosexuallity, and at the same tome Hypocricy, theft, lying, false evidence, murder, etc.
I expect God to tell us what is wrong, and if He say Homosexuality is wrong, who am I to judge Him.
How silly of me even to think God should shut up!
When He is silent on something, the Atheist will blame Him for not being more clear!

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Anyhow,
You are correct that the Bible, Old and new testament condemns Homosexuality.
The reason is simple, God created us Man and Woman.
That relates to family bonds where Husband and Wife has children.
If you deny Christ because you are Homosexual, that is because of your choices, and not some guilt you can simply deliver to God's door.
Concerning Sodom and Gomorrah, they were not only Homosexual, but did not stay to one partner, raped on mass scale, had orgies, killed, stole, cheated etc.
To compare the acts of Sodom and Gomorrah with same sex couples of today, is to compare a cracker with an atomic bomb.
The Sin of Sodom and Gomorrah could not be forgiven, a gay's choices can be tolerated for their own conscience will speak to their heart about their relation to God.

I can never judge any Gay person. I have more sin than they.
I have to be tolerated by the Gay person, on my sin, therefore, I will tolerate their sin.
God is the one that will judge me on my works, and any Gay equally to the justice and grace I receive.

But, I will not shout in the Face of God, if he tells me He hates Homosexuallity, and at the same tome Hypocricy, theft, lying, false evidence, murder, etc.
I expect God to tell us what is wrong, and if He say Homosexuality is wrong, who am I to judge Him.
How silly of me even to think God should shut up!
When He is silent on something, the Atheist will blame Him for not being more clear!

Well, I wonder how He is going to tell you that since He does not exist :)

Anyway, the official church in Sweden (Lutheran), and I expect all main churches in Scandinavia, happily marry gays.

So, I am not sure what the problem is, or why there is still any debate at all.

Ciao

- viole

Darkforbid

Well, I wonder how He is going to tell you that since He does not exist :)

Anyway, the official church in Sweden (Lutheran), and I expect all main churches in Scandinavia, happily marry gays.

So, I am not sure what the problem is, or why there is still any debate at all.

Ciao

- viole

It's an evolutionary dead end

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
1.racism

In Genesis 9, condemned all Africans to slavery when he cursed Ham and when he cursed Ham he turned black, according to the Bible Africans are cursed and condemned to forever slavery, textbook racism

2. Homophobic-God wanted to kill all gays in the Desert with Moses(Read Leviticus 20:13), he also supposedly destroyed a city because they were gay, (Read Genesis 18)

3.Sexism-

We find this in 1 Corinthians chapter 14:

• "As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."
This seems like a straightforward passage. And God is the one who inspired the Bible. In Isaiah 40:8 God says that the word of the Lord will last forever, and he says the same thing again in 1 Peter 1:24-25. So here we have God, in his eternal and everlasting Word, saying that it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Wow, God is racist, sexist and homophobic, really seems to wonder why people believe in this bronze age book

Try and debunk this

Bonus!: Name one reason why God would use text as a form of communication, Wouldn't a 1 trillion iq god understand that Text in the form of the Bible can be interpreted wrong and wrote down wrong?God is not very smart, why can't he just say "hello" to people

The God of the Bible is as awful as you say! IMHO, however, I made a good choice to go with the One in charge and not risk eternity because of rhetoric from the Internet.

By the way, Canaan, not Ham, was cursed--the Palestinians were cursed, not all black persons.

The rest of your post is out of context as well. Those are strong charges you are leveling against our God and Father!

We Never Know

No Slack
Sorry then, I got that impression from one of your post in which your criticism was of both atheism and theism

I'm not a militant atheist in where I hate everything about religion, think it's all wrong and christians are stupid.
If John Doe believes in god, prays to god and expects to go to heaven, that's his business, not mine.

etong

No much worse

Well actually I had a conversation with God last night and I destroyed him with questions

He just sat there dumbfounded. He was on the losing end of course. I did all the talking. I asked him a few simple questions such as "Since your inception, Why haven't you had 50 years of continued peace, Not anywhere in the world, Not at any time, Not during any time? ". "Why have you killed at least 2, 821, 364 in your bible which included babies still suckling on their mothers breasts, Children and pregnant mothers (abortions and yeah his greedy little eyes lit up) all in one extremely small area of land in the world which all took place in your bible? ". "Why did you wipe out pretty near 100% of all life in which there was no need for it as you have done in the great flood? ". "Why do you hate gays and want to kill them? ". "Why do you hate children? ". "Why do you hate those that curse at their parents and you want to kill them? What if they are abused children? "Why do you hate those that do not worship you and you want to kill them? ". Why should you hate others and get jealous at others because they wish to worship other gods and you thus hate them so much that you wish to kill them? ". "Why do you hate those that work on the sabbath that you wish to kill them? " "Why do you hate those that commit adultery that you wish to kill them? ". "Why do you believe that slavery is a good thing? ". "Why do you believe that rape is a good thing? ". "Why have you committed abortions? ". "Why did you create absolutely no free will whatsoever? ". "Why did and do you create sin knowing all too well that man would fail throughout time ever since Adam and Eve were created? ". "Why did you create evil and hate and satan especially when it was not a need, A requirement nor a necessity? What is it with you that deems it necessary to create this conflict? ". "Why did you lie several times in your bible? " "Why do you love to see, Create, And take part in suffering especially in that of children? ". "Why do you have the need, Requirement, And want for anger, Wrath, Jealousy, Vengeance, Rage, Fury, Evil in which you have freely admitted to? ". "Since you have those "baggage" emotions, That"s not perfection. So why should anyone believe in you? ". "Why did you pass down all those emotions of hate and evil to man so in turn man could learn to hate? ". "Why not do away with all of those emotions completely and instill peace, Harmony, Love, Care, Kindness, Etc etc etc? ". "Why are you a contradictory hypocrite? You say "thou shall not kill" and yet you kill? ". "Why would any supreme deity such as yourself actually place "faith" above everything else as it is the most preached thing in the bible? Surely it should be love, Caring for our neighbors and each other. ". "Why do you have this bombastic blubbering superior "ego" complex in which your bible is entirely about and nothing else? ". "Why would you ever be stupid enough to communicate in text form, The worst form of communication possible so man can get your message wrong all---the---time because there"s a 0% of a chance, And you should know this, But obviously you don"t and you must love the confusion and non consensus, That any text from now-a-days can be traced back to the original. And even if it could, Nobody could interpret it correctly. So again, Why text, The worst form of communication? Why not simply coming on down here and talk to us? . That would be evidence for the whole world to choke on of your existence rather than the non proof of faith and you playing hide-n-go-seek which naturally with my shoulder shrugged is not a pathway to truth and an excuse for christians when they don"t have evidence? ". I had so many questions for him. But naturally, Just like most who are religious as he thumbed his nose to the world, As god himself who does not have an answer for anything as he rightly pretends he does, He ran off into the cold dark of the night like the coward that he is and quickly and quietly disappeared.

Darkforbid

Well actually I had a conversation with God last night and I destroyed him with questions

He just sat there dumbfounded. He was on the losing end of course. I did all the talking. I asked him a few simple questions such as "Since your inception, Why haven't you had 50 years of continued peace, Not anywhere in the world, Not at any time, Not during any time? ". "Why have you killed at least 2, 821, 364 in your bible which included babies still suckling on their mothers breasts, Children and pregnant mothers (abortions and yeah his greedy little eyes lit up) all in one extremely small area of land in the world which all took place in your bible? ". "Why did you wipe out pretty near 100% of all life in which there was no need for it as you have done in the great flood? ". "Why do you hate gays and want to kill them? ". "Why do you hate children? ". "Why do you hate those that curse at their parents and you want to kill them? What if they are abused children? "Why do you hate those that do not worship you and you want to kill them? ". Why should you hate others and get jealous at others because they wish to worship other gods and you thus hate them so much that you wish to kill them? ". "Why do you hate those that work on the sabbath that you wish to kill them? " "Why do you hate those that commit adultery that you wish to kill them? ". "Why do you believe that slavery is a good thing? ". "Why do you believe that rape is a good thing? ". "Why have you committed abortions? ". "Why did you create absolutely no free will whatsoever? ". "Why did and do you create sin knowing all too well that man would fail throughout time ever since Adam and Eve were created? ". "Why did you create evil and hate and satan especially when it was not a need, A requirement nor a necessity? What is it with you that deems it necessary to create this conflict? ". "Why did you lie several times in your bible? " "Why do you love to see, Create, And take part in suffering especially in that of children? ". "Why do you have the need, Requirement, And want for anger, Wrath, Jealousy, Vengeance, Rage, Fury, Evil in which you have freely admitted to? ". "Since you have those "baggage" emotions, That"s not perfection. So why should anyone believe in you? ". "Why did you pass down all those emotions of hate and evil to man so in turn man could learn to hate? ". "Why not do away with all of those emotions completely and instill peace, Harmony, Love, Care, Kindness, Etc etc etc? ". "Why are you a contradictory hypocrite? You say "thou shall not kill" and yet you kill? ". "Why would any supreme deity such as yourself actually place "faith" above everything else as it is the most preached thing in the bible? Surely it should be love, Caring for our neighbors and each other. ". "Why do you have this bombastic blubbering superior "ego" complex in which your bible is entirely about and nothing else? ". "Why would you ever be stupid enough to communicate in text form, The worst form of communication possible so man can get your message wrong all---the---time because there"s a 0% of a chance, And you should know this, But obviously you don"t and you must love the confusion and non consensus, That any text from now-a-days can be traced back to the original. And even if it could, Nobody could interpret it correctly. So again, Why text, The worst form of communication? Why not simply coming on down here and talk to us? . That would be evidence for the whole world to choke on of your existence rather than the non proof of faith and you playing hide-n-go-seek which naturally with my shoulder shrugged is not a pathway to truth and an excuse for christians when they don"t have evidence? ". I had so many questions for him. But naturally, Just like most who are religious as he thumbed his nose to the world, As god himself who does not have an answer for anything as he rightly pretends he does, He ran off into the cold dark of the night like the coward that he is and quickly and quietly disappeared.

Your not even smart enough too write that stop the plagurism

Debate Issue: I actually met god in a dark back corner of a busy street with the smelly stench of the city | Debate.org

You robbed it from here

nPeace

Veteran Member
Yes... you keep saying things like:

1) Nobody ever answers me
2) I expect better
3) I'm missing basic human feeling
4) God is so horrible

And I can't say I blame you for thinking that way... if I had gone through what you went through, I may be the one saying the same thing.

However, you are still looking through the eyes of hurt and so your viewpoint is still looking through the glasses of hurt. You also pick out verses at the expense of other verses

As an atheist, you are also looking at this as if the only life there is, is a short 60 - 100 years yet I view it in eternity.

“Say to them: ‘As I live,’ says the Lord God, “I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?’ (Ezekiel 33:11)

Certainly I have a heart when someone is killed. Even God doesn't like it.

But I also don't know the future. It was asked of Jews if they would have killed Hitler as a child had they foreknowledge of what he would do... their answer was an resounding "YES". But we don't know the future.

We also bombed Germany with many small children being killed and yet most people (especially those of that time) would say it was necessary,

We do know that later the Midianites continued to kill Israelites and innocent people even as they wanted the Israelites destroyed before the commandment was given to go to war with them. (Which hopefully was your oversight and not done on purpose)

So if I take the Bible as a whole and not just the portions that support your position, I would still come to the conclusion that God is slow to anger, quick in mercy and desires that NONE should perish (all scriptural).. but man is man. They abuse children, murder innocent people, create sex trade slavery, sell drugs that kill, rape the poor and then blame God for what man has done when it is man that basically has the charge in this earth.

I pray you find your peace
Ken... BOOM!

whirlingmerc

And no rebuttals, God cursed Africans and claimed that they have withered skin, read Lamentations 4:8

Mormons believe Blacks are cursed,

Moses married a woman from Cush (likely an Ethiopian) and the penalty God gave to Miriam was that she was 'white with leprasy" for a time. Seems God did not like that ethnic murmering from Miriam about why Moses married an Ethiopian at all.

lostwanderingsoul

Well, if you really believe in God then you probably believe He created the entire universe and everything in it. So, it is His playpen and He can make any rules and be anything He wants. If you have a problem, move to another universe.