• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ending of the era of Philosophical thought

A human is born not knowing it is a human. Like a crow, it is what it is.
Humans teach the newborn what they think it is. The newborn thinks they must know what it is, and so accepts this.
Thus does the newborn become a human.
The seeker peels back the layers of what it is told it is, to rediscover what it actually is.
The successful seeker discards his human disguise, and becomes wise.
The wise man is not a man at all.
The wise being is only wise.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Look at a mother. We are born with knowledge, what our mother exists. Right from the start, we had this knowledge. Before even we got to know the word "mom". Hereby the mom-knowledge is growing.
Also false. We are not born (or, at least, conceived) with any knowledge. We know we have mothers because we are raised by mothers and we are also raised to understand how the process of reproduction works. What's more, that has absolutely nothing to do with God.

Strike two. Try again.

questfortruth

Also false. We are not born (or, at least, conceived) with any knowledge. ......
The growing knowledge is there. For example, we see Sun. We feel warm. But we have no word for it. Then, we got to know the word "Sun". Then, in school we got to know the Sun reactions, Sun mass, Sun spectrum.... Same is with God. Same is with parents.

questfortruth

That has nothing whatsover to do with belief in the existence of any gods. Not even as a metaphor.
Right from the start we feel, what something exists, that something is right and something is wrong, something is hot and something is cold. It is the first knowledge of the Highest Judge of what is true and what is false.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
The growing knowledge is there. For example, we see Sun. We feel warm. But we have no word for it. Then, we got to know the word "Sun". Then, in school we got to know the Sun reactions, Sun mass, Sun spectrum.... Same is with God. Same is with parents.
But we are not born with it, which is the whole point. Also, we know the sun exists, and we know parents exist, but you have yet to demonstrate that a God exists. Your argument is entirely circular and makes no sense whatsoever.

Third strike. Try again.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Right from the start we feel, what something exists, that something is right and something is wrong, something is hot and something is cold. It is the first knowledge of the Highest Judge of what is true and what is false.
The notion that we are able to discern facts doesn't mean a God exists. That's something you have to demonstrate. Either demonstrate it, or stop asserting it.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
The famous astrophysicist and the amateur philosopher the "false atheist" Stephen Hawking has written in his famous book "Grand Design":

Might it was caused by his "false atheism"? The "false atheism" is the denial of Religion, but the False Atheism is not a religion itself? I tend to think, that rejection of the Beginning ("In the beginning - God", to my memory: Bible) has devalued the value of Wisdom and Knowledge in the mind of the astrophysicist.
**John Oliver voice**
Philosophy isn't the investigation of questions, the initial premise is wrong. Philosophy is the pursuit of truth. Questioning begins with a doubt. Truth does not.

"In the beginning" is a "once upon a time," a story-telling device.

Also, your misplaced comma devalues wisdom and knowledge.

Last edited:
Descartes derailed the whole Western world with his inanity: "I think, therefore I am".
Either he was the biggest dope in human history, or the biggest dopes in human history completely misconstrued his words.
One exists before one thinks. By thinking, one becomes aware of oneself as separate from what one thinks about.

More accurately then:
"I think, therefore I am not".
"I am, until I think".
"I think, therefore I no longer am".

A human is screwed as soon as he starts to think. Only by backtracking, undoing all thought, can he once again exist.
And only then, if he is exceedingly skilled, and also exceedingly lucky.