• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The earth is 13,000 years old and it is soon to be renewed when Christ comes

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
You can also look at forams (foraminifera) who have left behind a terrific and comprehensive fossil reccord. You can even watch the little suckers evolve as you go through the strata.

Forams... the little fossils that find oil. If they are good enough (and vital enough) for modern civilization, they are good enough for me. :D

Foraminifera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wa:do

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
You can also look at forams (foraminifera) who have left behind a terrific and comprehensive fossil reccord. You can even watch the little suckers evolve as you go through the strata.

Forams... the little fossils that find oil. If they are good enough (and vital enough) for modern civilization, they are good enough for me. :D

Foraminifera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wa:do

And speaking of "Ye old Wikipedia" I wonder if YECers have an answer for "Fossil Fuel".

Fossil fuel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't let them tell you it only takes 13,000 years to form fossil fuel....:rolleyes:...

Was trying to stay away from Wik-Wiki but I like the information it had on the subject.

challupa

And speaking of "Ye old Wikipedia" I wonder if YECers have an answer for "Fossil Fuel".

Fossil fuel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't let them tell you it only takes 13,000 years to form fossil fuel....:rolleyes:...

Was trying to stay away from Wik-Wiki but I like the information it had on the subject.
I've heard them say that is was put there by God. It wasn't formed it was just there because God would know we needed it.:rolleyes:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I've heard them say that is was put there by God. It wasn't formed it was just there because God would know we needed it.:rolleyes:
I have also heard that dinosaur bones were planted by God to "test" our faith.

Then three weeks later the same fellow stated that man and dinosaurs lived side by side because some museum in Kentucky (though I may have the wrong state) has the actual footprints on display.

He seems to honestly find nothing wrong about believing both at the same time.

I am related to this individual, though I thank God it is by marriage.

Sententia

Then three weeks later the same fellow stated that man and dinosaurs lived side by side because some museum in Kentucky (though I may have the wrong state) has the actual footprints on display.

Wow. His kids are related to you by blood. :shrug:

challupa

It's like their brains are compartamentalized and none of the speak to each other.:shrug:

Sententia

I wonder if sometimes people just say whatever in an effort to upset rational people or in an insane attempt to debate and resist the norm.

Like if you say the sky is blue and they say no its purple and because its purple you will see I am right on many other things as well... would you like to know more?

Claiming the earth is 13k years old might be one of these.... its ridiculous and so ridiculous that it is like calling science out to disprove their crazy belief... If you can disprove 13 what about 12 or 14? 7?

etc etc

I question its motives.... perhaps a cry for attention? I just cant believe its an honest outpouring against the accepted norm... Its almost a plea at this point... They have google just like you... they could research their asinine claims but they want you to research theirs and start from there. They claim everlasting life is on their side so you have to listen.

Honestly to me its dishonest fraud. So many people fall for this or really anything told to them sincerely... just because the fraud is about jesus doesnt mean its not fraud.

Ahh well...

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I wonder if sometimes people just say whatever in an effort to upset rational people or in an insane attempt to debate and resist the norm.

Like if you say the sky is blue and they say no its purple and because its purple you will see I am right on many other things as well... would you like to know more?

Claiming the earth is 13k years old might be one of these.... its ridiculous and so ridiculous that it is like calling science out to disprove their crazy belief... If you can disprove 13 what about 12 or 14? 7?

etc etc

I question its motives.... perhaps a cry for attention? I just cant believe its an honest outpouring against the accepted norm... Its almost a plea at this point... They have google just like you... they could research their asinine claims but they want you to research theirs and start from there. They claim everlasting life is on their side so you have to listen.

Honestly to me its dishonest fraud. So many people fall for this or really anything told to them sincerely... just because the fraud is about jesus doesnt mean its not fraud.

Ahh well...

This is so true....

What ticked me off was the blatant quote mining. I found it hard to take him seriously after posting and quoting from a source that he disagree with and the information there refutes his claim.

I had honestly thought this thread died but then logged on one day and here it was again. I thought that after it being out of commission he would have done some more research and learned the error of his ways but instead came back with the same nonsense.

So far I asked a few times for the names of some geologist and scientist that back up his claim and so far nothing. I don't need supposed "Mormon Geologist". Shucks, they can't even be bothered to dig up their own land to substantiate the claims made in their holy book let alone trying to decipher 4.5 billion years history. And we can just forget about the bible. That book of fairytales is no history book and certainly no science book. It lost me at (insects with 4 legs)....:sarcastic...

BruceDLimber

FFH, you are welcome to your beliefs!

Ours differs.

From the Baha'i scriptures:

“The learned men, that have fixed at several thousand years the life of this earth, have failed, throughout the long period of their observation, to consider either the number or the age of the other planets

—(Gleanings, page 163)

Peace, :)

Bruce

Beaudreaux

It is true. The FSM created the earth and placed deposits of petroleum there with His noodly appendages, right next to the fossil record He placed there to test our faith. Pasta be on your plate, challupa.

Draka

Wonder Woman

Of course. God knew that we would invent automobiles and machinery that would need oil and fuel made from oil that would then pollute the precious earth he provided for us and make ourselves sick as well. It's all part of the plan to help us destroy ourselves and the planet. If we do it ourselves, with the handy tools we have been provided (like the intelligence to discover how to build bigger and better bombs) then that is less work he has to do come Armageddon. He's already given us all the tools we need now he just gets to :beach: while he waits for us to destroy ourselves.

challupa

Of course. God knew that we would invent automobiles and machinery that would need oil and fuel made from oil that would then pollute the precious earth he provided for us and make ourselves sick as well. It's all part of the plan to help us destroy ourselves and the planet. If we do it ourselves, with the handy tools we have been provided (like the intelligence to discover how to build bigger and better bombs) then that is less work he has to do come Armageddon. He's already given us all the tools we need now he just gets to :beach: while he waits for us to destroy ourselves.
So that's why god gave us brains. Lazy bum... makes us do all the hard stuff!:slap:

Free4all

It's all about the blood
FFH, your painting with a broad brush there - The earth was created in Gen. 1:1, but who knows how much time passed between verse 1 and verse 2 ?? Nobody knows how old the earth is and besides there are passages suggesting pre-adamic man. Where do the dinosaurs fit in in your theory?
I don't think it took 6,000 yrs. for the lord to re-create - It says "and the evening and the morning were the (1,2,3...) day" at the end of each day, which would be 6pm to 6pm