• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The earth is 13,000 years old and it is soon to be renewed when Christ comes

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I remember the other day hearing my 13 year old daughter saying how 25 was just so old....

McBell

I remember when I was 13 and I thought 25 was old.At 41 ..I have bumped "old" up a few years.:D

Love

Dallas
SSSHHHH!
You ain't sposed to give your age out like that.:no:
Now I know your older than me.:yes:
:angel2:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
SSSHHHH!
You ain't sposed to give your age out like that.:no:
Now I know your older than me.:yes:
:angel2:

YOu mean it wasnt already obvious with my wisdom and maturity?

Besides that..Whats WRONG with being "older" than someone..All of us are "older than someone".

Maybe my "pride" is getting in my way.Its deadly you know.:yes:

IM happy and FILLED with pride I am 41.Its a hell of a lot better than 13 I'll tell ya that much!

Love

Dallas

McBell

YOu mean it wasnt already obvious with my wisdom and maturity?
Irrelevant.
Females mature faster than males.
:yes:

Besides that..Whats WRONG with being "older" than someone..All of us are "older than someone".
Absolutely nothing.
Whats wrong is that your older than me.
Now I am perhaps not as mature and wise as I had hoped.
:sad4:

Maybe my "pride" is getting in my way.Its deadly you know.:yes:
Only one seventh deadly though.

I'M happy and FILLED with pride I am 41.Its a hell of a lot better than 13 I'll tell ya that much!
I dunno...
If I could go back to 13 and keep the knowledge, experience, etc. I now have...

J Bryson

But that's just it. Some wisdom only comes with age and experience. Losing oneself in "If I knew then what I know now" propositions never turns out well....

McBell

But that's just it. Some wisdom only comes with age and experience. Losing oneself in "If I knew then what I know now" propositions never turns out well....
I cannot agree or disagree, though I think the chance to prove it one way or the other would be cool...

Draka

Wonder Woman
The earth is 52,792 years, 4 months, 1 week, 4 days, 17 hours, 15 minutes and 12.2 seconds old as of the time I hit "submit" for this post. Because I say so. And all life on it will end in exactly 4,385 years, 7 months, 3 weeks, 1 day, 14 hours, 27 minutes and 49.725 seconds from the time I hit "submit" as well. A giant poodle from the planet Xeroxinia will fly by and and defecate on the planet effectively covering it in poodle doodle and wiping out all life.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The earth is 52,792 years, 4 months, 1 week, 4 days, 17 hours, 15 minutes and 12.2 seconds old as of the time I hit "submit" for this post. Because I say so. And all life on it will end in exactly 4,385 years, 7 months, 3 weeks, 1 day, 14 hours, 27 minutes and 49.725 seconds from the time I hit "submit" as well. A giant poodle from the planet Xeroxinia will fly by and and defecate on the planet effectively covering it in poodle doodle and wiping out all life.

Now write a book, plant a "sacred artifact" to be "found" which "verifies" your scripture. Start a religion. Profit (as a prophet). :D

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
FFH, your painting with a broad brush there - The earth was created in Gen. 1:1, but who knows how much time passed between verse 1 and verse 2 ?? Nobody knows how old the earth is and besides there are passages suggesting pre-adamic man. Where do the dinosaurs fit in in your theory?
I don't think it took 6,000 yrs. for the lord to re-create - It says "and the evening and the morning were the (1,2,3...) day" at the end of each day, which would be 6pm to 6pm

The genesis time frame and what is known thus far about the age of the earth, its extinct inhabitants and it's current inhabitants don't mach. The bible does not make for a reliable source.

Last edited:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
And 4.385 years from now, people will discuss this.
It is written now...

McBell

Could you just imagine the astronomers and astronauts feverishly searching for any sign of an enormous floating space poodle? :D
I vote it is invisible except for 30 seconds before the poo is released....