• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The earth is 13,000 years old and it is soon to be renewed when Christ comes

FFH

Veteran Member
The pattern is clear.

6 days/6,000 years the Lord labored to create this earth and everything in it.
1 day/1,000 years the Lord rested from all his labors.

6 days/6,000 years man has labored on this earth, since the fall of Adam and Eve.
1 day/1.000 years we will rest from our labors when Christ returns to renew this earth and set up his kingdom.

Book of Moses (Genesis chapters 1-13 restored)

Moses 2: 1 (compare to Genesis 1:1 King James version)

And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto Moses, saying: Behold, I reveal unto you concerning this heaven, and this earth; write the words which I speak. I am the Beginning and the End, the Almighty God; by mine Only Begotten I created these things; yea, in the beginning I created the heaven, and the earth upon which thou standest.

FFH

Veteran Member
From this page:Scientific Evidence for Creation

Mike182

Flaming Queer
FFH said:
The pattern is clear.

6 days/6,000 years
the Lord labored to create this earth and everything in it.
1 day/1,000 year/s the Lord rested from all his labors.
what is the proof that one day in the genesis creation account = 1,000 years? why can't it mean 2,621 years?

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Mike182 said:
what is the proof that one day in the genesis creation account = 1,000 years? why can't it mean 2,621 years?

I've been wanting to ask the same. As far as I can see 'a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day' means 'forget notions of time, they don't apply' not 'multiplay every day by 1000 years and you'll find the age of the earth'. I don't know why people bother. Christ said that even He didn't know the time so what makes humans think they can do better?

James

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
FFH said:

Scientists have shown that the moon is moving away at a tiny, although
measurable distance from the earth every year. If you do the math, you
can calculate that 85 million years ago the moon was orbiting the
earth at a distance of about 35 feet.
This would explain the death of the dinosaurs...
the tallest ones, anyway.

gnostic

The Lost One
mestemia said:
Scientists have shown that the moon is moving away at a tiny, although
measurable distance from the earth every year. If you do the math, you
can calculate that 85 million years ago the moon was orbiting the
earth at a distance of about 35 feet.
This would explain the death of the dinosaurs...
the tallest ones, anyway.
So essentially you're saying the dinosaurs lost their heads?

SoyLeche

meh...
JamesThePersian said:
I've been wanting to ask the same. As far as I can see 'a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day' means 'forget notions of time, they don't apply' not 'multiplay every day by 1000 years and you'll find the age of the earth'. I don't know why people bother. Christ said that even He didn't know the time so what makes humans think they can do better?

James

:clap2:

FFH and other LDS member here might find this more useful than others, but I think it's a good read anyway. Jonny has posted this a couple of times:

http://farms.byu.edu/display.php?table=transcripts&id=73&mp=T

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The stories of the garden of Eden and the Flood have always furnished unbelievers with their best ammunition against believers, because they are the easiest to visualize, popularize, and satirize of any Bible accounts. Everyone has seen a garden and been caught in a pouring rain. It requires no effort of imagination for a six-year-old to convert concise and straightforward Sunday-school recitals into the vivid images that will stay with him for the rest of his life. These stories retain the form of the nursery tales they assume in the imaginations of small children, to be defended by grownups who refuse to distinguish between childlike faith and thinking as a child when it is time to "put away childish things." (1 Corinthians 13:11.) It is equally easy and deceptive to fall into adolescent disillusionment and with one's emancipated teachers to smile tolerantly at the simple gullibility of bygone days, while passing stern moral judgment on the savage old God who damns Adam for eating the fruit he put in his way and, overreacting with impetuous violence, wipes out Noah's neighbors simply for making fun of his boat-building on a fine summer's day.

Well that's pretty well on the ball with me. Besides,

http://www.accuracyingenesis.com/day.html

The Days of Genesis

"And the evening and the morning were the ____ day."

Needless to say much has been written on the subject of the creation days of Genesis. The poetic symplicity of Genesis 1 leaves much to the imagination. Can these days of the creation be different than a literal 24 hour day? First consider Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8 that follow which indicate that time to the Lord is very different than time is to man.

"For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday"
when it is past, and as a watch in the night."
"... that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years,
and a thousand years as one day."

Some have taken the two passages above to mean that one day is exactly one thousand years, but it is not a mathematical formula since 1000 years is compared to both yesterday (24 hours) and a 3 hour watch in the night. It appears more likely that they mean that the Lord exists completely outside of our time domain and can look upon all of our life's history at one time simultaneously, as he wishes. He obviously created the universe with our beautiful planet and all its wonderful living things as He wished and on His own time basis.

Anti-World

No one knows how old the Earth is. This is another subjective argument. You can rant until you're black and blue about how old the Earth is but no one really knows. Maybe the earth popped into existence a few seconds ago. The evidence, however, is against you FFH. If you were to say that the Sun orbits around the Earth I could defend that statement but not this. You would have to assume that many of the laws that are running the universe didn't take place long ago. If you can show me a single instance where the laws of the universe are broken I *might* accept that the Earth isn't as old as people say it is. Why don't we just say that one of Gods days equals about a billion+ years? That would make more sense...

Tiberius

FFH said:

Oh goodie! Can I go? Yay!

(For ease of reading, the title of each article that I respond to is a link to the article I am rebuting. Aren't I nice? And as this is such a long post, I shall be dividing it up into several parts.)

Response to "Coal: Evidence for a Young Earth"

The claim that radiohalos indicate that coal can form quickly is negated simply by the fact that rapid coal formation does not equate to a young earth. No explanation is given to explain why rapid formation of coal is impossible on an old earth. Also, just because coal can be formed quickly in laboratory conditions is no indication about the possibility of the rapid formation of coal in nature. There are many things that can happen in the lab and yet are impossible or highly unlikely in nature. It is also highly suspicious that the creationists claim that the radiodating techniques are accurate when dealing with evidence to support their claim, yet the same claims are flawed when dealing with evidence which contradicts their claim. For more information on how the radiohalos do not indicate a young earth, please see THIS LINK.

Response to "EVIDENCE FOR CREATION"

I shall deal with these in point form.
  1. The claim that we don't have a single complete example of the fossil record does not indicate that the whole thing is made up. We are able to identify similar places in two different locations and use the similar parts to piece them together. For example, if we have one section of a group of numbers 173467321 and another section 7321476327 and a third group 632789777 and we know they are part of the same sequence, we can identify the similar groupings and use those to connect them. We can see that the 7321 at the end of the first sequence matches the beginning of the second, and the 6327 at the end of the second matches the beginning of the third. Thus, we can connect them together - 17346732147632789777 - and the connecting pieces are underlined. The first point then goes on to say that there is a lack of transitional fossils. This simply is not true. THIS page responds to the claims of a lack of transitional forms, and THIS page cites many examples of such transtionals. The final issue raised in the first point is that there are many polystrate fossils - fossils which extend from one geologic layer to another. This is not a problem; indeed it is bound to happen - do you really think that the skeleton of a brachiosaur is going to remain confined to a strata three feet thick?
  2. The second point claims that the decay of the earth's magnetic field indicates it can only be a few thousand years old. This is true - but it blatently ignores the well documented evidence which shows that the earth's magnetic field undergoes reversals every few thousand years. They are just figuring out the period since the last such reversal.
  3. The idea of a global flood is laughable. There's no explanation of where the water came from, no indication where it all went. It is never explained how koalas got all the way from Australia to the middle east to board the ark, nor how they returned afterwards. Also, no explanation is given as to how fish life survived - most fish can live only in salt water OR fresh water, not both. There was no way to survive the sudden mixing of salt and fresh water. It would have been too salty for freshwater species, and not salty enough for saltwater species. And no explanation is given as to how PLANT LIFE survived. Submersion for such a length of time is fatal to any plant, yet Noah is never mentioned as taking pine trees aboard the ark, nor rose bushes or wattle trees. The claim that a global flood could provide the geological record we have seen is also not true, as there are surface features visible in different layers such as oils, mud cracks, evaporite deposits, footprints, raindrop impressions, meteor craters, worm burrows, wind-blown sediments, stream channels, and many others. These features are unable to occur underwater.
  4. The fourth point is assuming that population growth is constant. It is not. Also, if those calculations are true, then there would only be a few thousand people alive at the time when Moses is said to have lead more than HALF A MILLION people out of Egypt. See HERE for more information.
  5. The fifth point is once again talking about radiohalos. I'll provide THIS again.
  6. The sixth point claims that there is evidence of human artifacts throughout the geological column. One such example is a hammer in Cretacious rocks, shown to be incorrect by THIS page. Another example is a sandal print in Cambrian rock, shown to be incorrect by THIS page.
  7. The seventh point claims that there is not enough helium in our atmosphere to account for an old earth. THIS webpage explains why this claim is not true.
  8. The eigth point makes a claim about time dilation in distant parts of the universe indicating a young universe. Observations from the periods of Cepheid variable stars, from orbital rates of binary stars, from supernova extinction rates, from light frequencies, etc. indicate that such time dilation is minor. Also, Humphires based his calculations on earth rocks, thus the billions of years before the formation of the Earth are unaccoutned for in his model. See HERE for more information.
  9. The ninth point claims that the complexity of living systems indicates design. However, this is not true. Complexity can be found in many non-designed yet dynamic systems, such as weather. see HERE for more information.
  10. The final point in this article claims that the Human brain is designed. This is not actually a tenth point, more a specific example of the ninth, so the same rebuttal applies here as well. See THIS page for more.

I shall continue in the next post.

Tiberius

Continued...

Response to "The Earths Magnetic Field"

The issue of the fluctuations in the Earth's magnetic field have been discussed above, and I have already stated that the changes in the strength of the Earth's magnetic field do not indicate a young Earth. This article acknowledges the existence of the evidence to support an old Earth, however it says, "during the flood, when cataclysmic geologic events were occurring at a rapid pace, these processes may have been recording what happened to the magnetic field over weeks or months instead of hundreds of thousands of years." This is not only providing it as a possible explanation (the article never states that this is a fact), but it is also asking us to believe that a huge amount of water is not only capable of altering the Earth's magnetic field, but that it is capable of completely reversing it many times in quick succession! And it provides no explanation at all of how this might have occured! Dr Humphries, who is a source for the article, is also suspect; see THIS article on him from Wikipedia.

Repsonse to "Our Created Earth: Uniquely Designed for Life"

The entire article is assuming that the Earth was created to have the environment neccessary to support the life it has today. They ignore the possibility that life developed to suit the conditions pre-existing on Earth. It's like water sitting in a hole in the ground, forming a puddle. If the water was intelligent, it would say, "Look at this hole in the ground, exactly the right shape to fit me. This hole was obviously created just for me." However, the water adapted to suit the shape of the hole, not the other way around. The reason that life is suited for the conditions on Earth is because it adapted that way.

Response to SCIENTIFIC PROBLEMS WITH MACROEVOLUTION

This article is presented in point form (with the points in several groups), I shall deal with it in point form.

1. Macroevolution HAS been observed.
  2. Experimentation is a way to observe a process and gather information about it. if the process can be observed another way, we can gain information from that which is just as valid. We have observed many different animals undergoing speciation. HERE's a list of some of them.
  3. The next point claims that evolution is not repoducable in the lab, but not everything is reproducable in such a way. Nuclear Fusion is not reproducable in the laboratory at the moment, yet we do not cite this as evidence to disprove the processes happening in the Sun.
  4. The claim that evolution can't be falsified is absolute rubbish. Fossil rabbits in the Cambrian would do the job nicely.
  1. The first point of the secpnd group is merely the argument from incredulity - "I can't imagine how it happened without an intelligence guiding it, therefore it MUST have had an intelligence guiding it." It is not a valid argument, no matter how "scientifically" it is phrased.
  2. The claim that mutations are often lethal is rubbish. THIS page explains that most mutations are in fact neutral, and beneficial mutations are in fact commonly observed.
  3. Point three does not clearly indicate why evolution is incorrect.
  4. Point four claims that instacnes of disorder in the geological column disprove evolution. This is ignoring the fact that fossils can be eroded out of their original layers and redeposited in other layers. Also, the earliest fossil we have of an animal is not always the earliest fossil available. Likewise, the latest fossil we have does not indicate that the animal became extinct at that point.
  5. The fifth point makes the claim of irreducible complexity. IC has never been observed; the commonly cited bacterial flagellum is not an instance of IC, as THIS article shows.

Response to Mammoths

The first claim that the article makes is that there was no food supply for the mammoth, which is clearly nonsense as there is ample food supply for herbivores in arctic environments today, such as reindeer and other large herbivores. It's also a mistake to imagine that mammoths lived in snow covered areas, they actuall lived in steppes.

The article then makes the claim that the only explanation for the death of so many mammoths is a widespread flood. However, this idea requires us to believe that the flood waters froze soon afterwards - a theory not borne out by information in the Bible.

The article then claims that this event happened 3500 years ago, yet all the dating of the mammoths found indicate they lived between 13,000 and 44,000 years ago, well before the article claims.

Response to Carbon Dating

This article makes that claim that the rate of decay has not always been constant. it is true that the ratio between c-14 and c-12 is variable as described in the article, but this has been taken into account during the Carbon dating process by using independently dated objects to calibrate the dating process. See THIS page for more information.

The explanation that "the presence of a water canopy, would have lowered the amount of C14 in the pre-Flood world. Because pre-Flood specimens had so little carbon-14 in them, some might appear to have been decaying for tens of thousands of years" is assuming that the Flood happened in order to show that a flood happened. This is circular logic and is not valid.

The article also mentions the changes in the earth's magnetic field, which have already been discussed and do not bear repeating.

Response toEvidence for Creation

This article does not present any news evidences, merely repeats evidences which I have already dealt with.

The first claim that the geological column is out of order is false because there are a great many forces which can explain the distrubance of the geological column, such as faulting and bending of rock. The geological column is not out of order where such forces have not been applied.

The second claim regarding the decay of the earth's magnetic field has already been dealt with.

The third claim that the flood has been proven is not true. The article provides "proof" of this through the claim that there are "very rapid sedimentation and periods of great carbonate deposition in earth’s sedimentary layers". However, uniformitarian processes explain limestone formations far better than catastrophism does, as this page shows. The fact that there are many different flood myths is not evidence that there was a worldwide flood. The only possible ways for different cultures to have flood myths based on Noah's flood is for different populations to have survived the flood (a theory not supported y the Bible, hence it can be dismissed), or for the descendants of Noah to spread and take the story with them. However, the different flood myths have different details:
  • Explanations for the cause of the flood vary, which is not to be expected if the stories had the same source.
  • The Christian version of the story is the only one to have a family of eight surviving, which is a detail which should be in all accounts.
  • very few accounts of the flood mention an attempt to save life forms.
  • The method of escape varies; indeed fulyl half the accounts have the survivors making it through the ordeal simply by climbing to higher ground, and several have no surviviors at all.
In any case, flood myths are common because floods are common. The numerous myths do not indicate a worldwide flood. Please see THIS page, THIS page and THISpage for more information.

The next claim of radiohalos has already been dealt with.

The final claim of human artifacts throughout the geological column has also been dealt with.

Tiberius

Continued...

Response to SCIENTIFIC ALLUSIONS IN SCRIPTURE

This article provides a series of Biblical passages that are claimed to support scientific processes.

The hydrological cycle described in Ecclesiastes 1:7; Isaiah 55:10:
The first passage makes no mention of evaporation, nor of rain, and the second is describing the watering of the earth to provide for plants. The first passage is only a partial description, and the second indicates how plants benefit from rain. And in any case, it doesn't take a god to tell people that rain fills up lakes and causes rivers to run faster.

Evaporation as described in Psalms 135:7; Jeremiah 10:13
It is quite easy to see steam rising from water in the sun, I've seen it myself. The people who lived thousands of years ago would have been able to observe this as well.

Condensation Nuclei as described in Proverbs 8:26
This passage makes no mention to rain, it is merely saying that dust can be blown high in the sky. No reference is made to the dust providing a nucleus for the formation of raindrops.

Condensation as described in Job 26:8; 37:11, 16
These passages merely state that rain comes from clouds, which is obvious for all to see, that clouds get thinner after rain, andwhich again is obvious for all to see. The final passages mentions the balancing of the clouds, a phrase which has no meaning that I can see, and certainly no meaning towards condensation (although the passages seem to describe precipitation more...).

Precipitation as described in Job 36:26-28
This passage says only, "God makes rain", and gives no scientific knowledge about rain at all.

Run-off as described in Job 28:10
Again, this passage is a variation of "God did it" and gives us no scientific knoweldge at all about the principles at work.

Oceanic Reservoir as described in Psalms 33:7
This is simply saying that the sea has a lot of water in it. We hardly need a God to tell us that.

Snow as described in Job 38:22; Psalms 147:16
This passage merely indicates the author was aware of the existence of snow. It does not describe any scientific principle.

Hydrologic Balance as described in Job 28:24-26
Apart from a mention of the existence of rain and thunder (again, this only indicates the author was aware of them) the only reference to water in these passages is in Job 28:25, where it makes mention of "weighing the waters by measure", a vague reference if ever there was one. We can't assume that it refers to a "balance" just because there is weighing involved. Weighing is not a part of every kind of balance.

Springs in the Sea as described in Job 38:16
This passage does not give us any specific information to indicate that it is anything other than an explanation of where all the water in the sea came from. If it mentioned something specific to a hydrothermal vent, perhaps, but it doesn't.

Principle of Isostasy as described in Isaiah 40:12; Psalm 104:5-9
First a definition, from the Wiki article: Isostasy is a term used in Geology to refer to the state of gravitational equilibrium between the Earth's lithosphere and asthenosphere such that the tectonic plates "float" at an elevation which depends on their thickness and density. Even if the passage does refer to isostasy (it seems to be a refernece to measuring out the correct size so the mountains weren't created to large or too small), the passage tells us nothing about the scientific principle.

Shape of the earth as described in Isaiah 40:22; Job 26:10; Psalm 103:12
The first passage refers to the earth as a DISC, not a sphere, so it is incorrect there. The second passage makes no mention of the shape of the earth, and the third mentions only east and west, with nothing about the shape of the earth.

Rotation of the earth as described in Job 38:12,14
This mentions only day and night, with no mention of the cause.

Gravity as described in Job 26:7; 38:6
The first passage doesn't mention anything about gravity, neither does the second.

Erosion as described in Job 14:18,19
It is easily observed that rivers and streams can wear down rocks and carry stones along. We don't need a god to tell us that.

Glacial Period as described in Job 38:29,30
These passages merely describe the existence of ice in the form of frost. It does not make any mention of rivers of ice.

Uniformitarianism as described in II Peter 3:4
Uniformitarianism refers to the belief that the Universe has existed as it is now for an infinite time and will continue to exist for ever. This is not only opposed by both the Bible itself in the first chapter of Genesis and modern cosmology, but does not fit with what is mentioned in the passage as it clearly mentions a creation.

Dinosaurs as described in Job 40,41
From the comment in Skeptic's Annotated Bible: Bible believers have identified the behemoth as a hippopotamus, dinosaur, wildebeest, or crocodile. But my favorite is the way these verses are translated by Stephen Mitchell: "Look now: the Beast that I made: he eats grass like a bull. Look: the power in his thighs, the pulsing sinews of his belly. His penis stiffens like a pine; his testicles bulge with vigor."

Size of the universe as described in Job 11:7-9; 22:12, Isaiah 55:9
The passages from Job merely say the universe is bigger than the earth. Well duh. The passages in Isaiah say only that the sky is higher than the earth. Again, duh.

Number of stars as described in Jeremiah 31:37, Genesis 22:17; Jeremiah 33:22
The passage is asking if "heaven above can be measured", it does not mention the number of stars except for providing a very poetic statement that there are lots of stars. This is obvious. The other passages also state that there are lots of stars.

Uniqueness of each star as described in I Corinthians 15:41
Jeremiah 31:35,36

One can easily see that stars have different colours just be looking up. Back thousands of years ago, this would have been even more easily seen, due to the lack of air pollution.

There were formatting errors in the document linked, and none of the passages listed seem to apply to the precision of orbits.

Circulation of Atmosphere as described in Ecclesiastes 1:6
That's hardly a detailed description, and sounds like someone who has only local knowledge wrote it. it does not mention the numerous cells in each hemisphere, nor that the process is revered in the southern hemisphere. And no mention is made of the doldrums.

Protective Effect of Atmosphere as described in Isaiah 40:22
The passages could just as easily refer to the sky as appearing to cover the earth. No mention is made of the protective quality (a curtain is hardly a form of protection), nor is any mention made of what it protects us from.

Oceanic Origin of Rain as described in Ecclesiastes 1:7
The passage makes no clear reference to rain at all, just that water goes back to the source of the river from the ocean.

Tiberius

Response to SCIENTIFIC ALLUSIONS IN SCRIPTURE, continued...

Relation of Electricity to Rain as described in Job 28:26; Jeremiah 10:13
it doesn't take a God for people to realise that lightning storms come with rain.

Fluid Dynamics as described in Job 28:25
This passage merely makes a vague statement about the wind and water being able to exert pressure. It's hardly a detailed explanation of fluid dynamics, and tells us nothing useful about the principle, such as a description of turbulence.

Blood circulation as described in Leviticus 17:11
While the passage does say that blood is important, it makes no mention at all of the circulation of blood throughout the body.

Psychotherapy as described in Proverbs 16:24; 17:22
The first passage tells us that nice words make us feel good, which is obvious. It also implies they can heal physical injuries, a theory which has no support that I am aware of. The second passage says much the same thing as the first.

Biogenesis and Stability as described in Genesis 1:11,21,25
The first passage tells us that plants grow out of the earth. Anyone who has ever seen a plant can tell you this, it doesn't require a God. In any case, this passage describes the creation of plants BEFORE the creation of the sun to drive their photosynthetic process. The second and third passages indicate that whales existed before land animals, which is shown to be false with the fossil record.

Uniqueness of man as described in Genesis 1:26
Unique in what way? Each species is unique. The passage also claims that we will have dominion over all other animals, but anyone who has ever been mauled by a dog, or attacked by a shark will be able to tell you how false this is. Also, the genetic similarities between Humans and chimpanzees and bonobos casts doubt on the absolute uniqueness of Humans.

Chemical nature of man as described in Genesis 1:11,24-2:7;3:19
The first passage makes no mention of human flesh, and neither does the second. Genesis 2:7 seems to indicate that dust is a chemical, when it is not, and people are not made of dust. Gen 3:19 says much the same thing.

cavemen as described in Job 12:23-25; 30:3-8
The first passages seem to mention refugees, not cavemen. Caves simply happen to be convienient places to live if the need arises. They are cool in the heat, ready made, and they are easily defendable because they only have one entrance. We don't need the bilbe to figure out that people lived in caves. Besides, if we have evidence now that people had lived in caves, surely they would have had that evidence back then too!

Mass-Energy Equivalence as described in Colossians 1:17; Hebrews 1:3
The first passage merely says "God is everything", which is hardly a scientific description of a the equivilence of mass and energy. The second passage says much the same thing. It would be much better if it had the theory of relativity. E=MC^2 isn't too hard for a god, is it?

Source of Energy for Earth as described in Psalms 19:6
At best, this is a vague refernece to the sun, and it merely mentions that the sun provides heat - something that people in the Middle east would know.

Atomic Disintegration as described in II Peter 3:10
This just refers to a fire. Burning does not mean taking apart atom by atom.

Electrical Transmission of Information as described in Job 38:35
This does not describe the transmission of electrical information along a wire as it happens today, and the passage mentions static electricity, which is not what we use.

Television as described in Revelation 11:9-11
These passages describe how the dead will lay on earth unburied for three and a half days while everyone else parties over their bodies until the spirit of God enters them and brings them back to life.

Rapid Transportation as described in Daniel 12:4
The passages speaks of running. There's nothing in it that refers to anything more sophisticated. No mention is made of cars, or planes, or trains or ships.

I've gone through each and every claim provided by each page you linked to and shown that the claims are nonsense, unverified, unsupported, misinterpreted, and false. I have also shown that the Bible quotes are merely mention of things which would have been easily known to the people of the time, and do not lend any credibility to the Bible, or that the passages do not make mention of those things at all.

The evidence you have provided to support your claim has been demolished.

FFH

Veteran Member
Jaymes said:
Whatever happened to "nobody knows when Christ will return"?
We don't know the "day or the hour" but we can know the general time frame, which seems to be clearly revealed in scripture....

FFH

Veteran Member
Mike182 said:
Sorry, can't offer any proof, just faith/assurance in/of the truths written in scripture....

FFH

Veteran Member
JamesThePersian said:

James
Christ doesn't know the day or the hour because he is directed by the Father, who will decide when he/Christ returns, but the pattern is clear and we can know the general timing of his coming, by looking at the pattern set forth in scripture...

We don't know the exact time, but the general time....