• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chicken Thread

Super Universe

Defender of God
I didn't ignore them, I read the funny posts and moved on to something else. Then I'm insulted by YmirGF and responded in kind and one of the athiest union ran to tell a MOD on me.

Hehe, still acting like you are in second grade huh? Can't handle words on a computer screen...

There was only one response that I would consider intelligent, the one about the brain preventing muscle movement so when it is disconnected the muscles move.

Yet you came into this thread thinking I was going to give you a lecture on how it works when I simply asked a question and the Athiest Union immediately put up it's overdrive defense. Seems you are quite afraid of something, doesn't it?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Yet you came into this thread thinking I was going to give you a lecture on how it works when I simply asked a question and the Athiest Union immediately put up it's overdrive defense.
No, it's that you aren't happy with anyone's answer. If someone is being defensive I'd say it's you who's guilty.

Seems you are quite afraid of something, doesn't it?
Yeah, this thread really scares me. I'm terrified of chickens. :rolleyes:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Sorry bud, I never said a virus has a soul. No 180 degree turn.
ahem... first off I'm a girl not a "bud"... ;)
secondly in your own words...
How do I define life? That which possesses spirit.

Are bacteria or virus' alive? That depends. Bacteria and virus' have the ability to be killed so they are alive until they die.

so uh.. yeah you did. A virus can die thus it si alive, thus it has a spirit/soul.

I never denied the wonder of a single atom. I admire many things that God has created, the sun and moon, but that still does not give the sun and moon a soul.
does in my religion... they will eventually die. The sun will nova and kill the moon. In thier time.
Thier atoms will then mingle with others into new life.

you have yet to answer why a chicken is lacking a soul and yet a human has one... when they both react to having thier heads chopped off the same way.

wa:do
ps. I hope your not counting me into this "athiest conspiracy" of yours. :D

Super Universe

Defender of God
ahem... first off I'm a girl not a "bud"... ;)
secondly in your own words...

so uh.. yeah you did. A virus can die thus it si alive, thus it has a spirit/soul.

does in my religion... they will eventually die. The sun will nova and kill the moon. In thier time.
Thier atoms will then mingle with others into new life.

you have yet to answer why a chicken is lacking a soul and yet a human has one... when they both react to having thier heads chopped off the same way.

ps. I hope your not counting me into this "athiest conspiracy" of yours. :D

I did not say that spirit equals soul. You did.

Spirit is dumb energy that joins with DNA/RNA because it does what the universe forces it to. It is coded to join with DNA/RNA. It does not have a choice because it does not have a thought process. It is a tool. A virus has spirit, no soul.

Human cells have spirit, the cells do not have a soul. There is no reason for a soul to bond with a cell because there is no sensory ability there. Now a soul "could" join with anything it desires to but that would be like you going into a coma just to have that experience.

The soul needs a certain part of the brain to be fully formed in order to process the information from a human's five senses.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
SU...the repository of any/all unspecified and calculatingly vague "wisdom".

"How high is up"?

"Define 'how'".

"Define 'high'".

"Define 'up"".

"Define 'is'".

"Explain what I was really saying."

"I am sincerely profound, but say nothing."

*yawn*

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
so there is a soul and a spirit?
'kay....
if a soul wants to process information... why stick with a human? Human senses are so dulled.
A chicken can see into the ultraviolet, an elephant can hear both subsonic and ultrasonic frequencies well byond anything the human can. And so on.

Also if the human and the chicken both react the same way to having the head chopped off, then where is this soul coming into play?

Super Universe

Defender of God
Yes, spirit and soul are two separate things but both made up of the same God energy, it's just that one is dumb energy and the other is developing sentience as it builds it's personality.

A soul does not want to process information, it's built in that it does so. The soul wants to become a sentient being so it joins with complex personalities (humans) and then decides to either keep that personality and add it to itself or it abandons it and seeks out another.

Souls generally start with lower life forms and build their basic personalities by adding their pure instinct personality and then moving up to more complex personalities. This does not mean that souls can't go back into an animal form but why would you go back to first grade?

Where is the soul coming into play in this thread? Someone brought it up. Wasn't me.