• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chicken Thread

Panda

42?
Premium Member
There's an Atheist Union?

Shame I didn't know; all these years I've been an atheist free-rider and didn't even know... Who knows? I could have even been an atheist scab at some point! :eek:

We really should start one. Yes I know second time I have said that in this thread. We could have secret meetings in the pub.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Yes, spirit and soul are two separate things but both made up of the same God energy, it's just that one is dumb energy and the other is developing sentience as it builds it's personality.

Remind me again why this discussion belongs in the "Science vs. Religion" sub-heading?
A soul does not want to process information, it's built in that it does so. The soul wants to become a sentient being so it joins with complex personalities (humans) and then decides to either keep that personality and add it to itself or it abandons it and seeks out another.
Kinda like...pod people?

Souls generally start with lower life forms and build their basic personalities by adding their pure instinct personality and then moving up to more complex personalities. This does not mean that souls can't go back into an animal form but why would you go back to first grade?
Maybe to unlearn ingrained childhood concepts that have no relevance to grown-ups or scientific inquiry??