• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chicken Thread

Super Universe

Defender of God
Then why don't you accept the answers given?

Uh, you mean these answers:

"Because their soul is wrestling to escape from their dying body?"

"Because their ego's finally escaped from their bodies?"

"Somebody put on a Chubby Checker CD?"

Or do you mean the picture of cooked chickens and some words about Marie Osmond?

Are you suggesting that I should accept all of them together or pick the one I like best?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
No, I mean the serious answers about brainstems and nervous systems that you so carefully ignore.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Even atoms have souls huh? Hehe. Leaves me wondering how incredibly insignificant and small your idea of what a soul is.

Just because a thing is small doesn't mean it's soul is insignificant.

Storm said:
No, I mean the serious answers about brainstems and nervous systems that you so carefully ignore.

I know! I put so much effort into mine!! :(

Maybe a little acknowledgement that you read it even?:sad4:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Even atoms have souls huh? Hehe. Leaves me wondering how incredibly insignificant and small your idea of what a soul is.
I understand that subtlety is not one of your strong suits Super_Unicycle, but if I can draw your attention to the linguistic nuance in my phrase that atoms have "souls", you might understand that it is a subtle inference. It is not precisely what I am meaning, but it is indeed an extension of the idea of souls. But since my perceptions of reality are beneath your contempt I will pull a Super_Universe and not venture to explain.

Me a Midwayer or "Celestial"? More laughter. You're looking... in... the... wrong... place.
Well, I will stop the guessing as I no longer have the slightest interest in pretty much anything you have to say. When one is not worthy of meaningful answers it really makes one pause and consider the merit of the awaited answers. If you are representative of Urantian/Wingmaker thinking I think that sums up the value of that philosophy rather nicely.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
well earlier Super-U. was arguing that a Virus has a soul... now 180 degrees later the chicken doesn't.
It seems a very flexible and elusive thing this definition of a soul that S.U has.

Bsically the pattern is this... Make a definitive statement, ignore evidence that points otherwise, declare none of us have that "key understanding" of the universe nessisary to grasp the concepts revealed to us and then later pretend it never happened and quietly support the oposite of the origional idea.

If a chicken can survive for a few minutes or so without a head, and thus it doesn't have a soul... and a human killed by say a guillatine goes through the same process... well makes one wonder about a "soul" doesn't it?

Mind you my religion also is clear about everything in creation having a soul... but then I suspect my religions definition is vastly different from 'mainstream religion" or even S.U's

While S.U will laugh at the idea of an atom having a soul. Atoms are the building blocks of the universe, they move through all of us and thus bind all of creation together as one. The atom that make up the mountain came from a star that went super-nova shortly after the first event... it will move off the mountain and into the river and from there into me... maybe it will stay with me or maybe it will leave and enter the atmosphere, perhaps it will carried by the stellar winds to another world entirely and become part of another mountain somewhere. How can you deny the wonder of a single atom?

wa:do

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Answer? I don't know the answer. I just asked a question.
You might not know the answer but obviously you had a motive for asking the question. What was your motive? Obviously it wasn't humor because you didn't laugh at any of our responses. Obviously your motive wasn't to find a naturalistic cause because you've not accepted those answers either. What's the reason for starting the thread?

Super Universe

Defender of God
Just because a thing is small doesn't mean it's soul is insignificant.

I know! I put so much effort into mine!! :(

Maybe a little acknowledgement that you read it even?:sad4:

Small has nothing to do with it. What would a soul bond with an atom for? To gain what experience?

And what would ever lead anyone to believe that an atom has a soul?

Super Universe

Defender of God
I understand that subtlety is not one of your strong suits Super_Unicycle, but if I can draw your attention to the linguistic nuance in my phrase that atoms have "souls", you might understand that it is a subtle inference. It is not precisely what I am meaning, but it is indeed an extension of the idea of souls. But since my perceptions of reality are beneath your contempt I will pull a Super_Universe and not venture to explain.

Well, I will stop the guessing as I no longer have the slightest interest in pretty much anything you have to say. When one is not worthy of meaningful answers it really makes one pause and consider the merit of the awaited answers. If you are representative of Urantian/Wingmaker thinking I think that sums up the value of that philosophy rather nicely.

I may not be subtle but you are the one who always starts with the insults. *edited by staff*.

Super Universe

Defender of God
well earlier Super-U. was arguing that a Virus has a soul... now 180 degrees later the chicken doesn't.
It seems a very flexible and elusive thing this definition of a soul that S.U has.

Bsically the pattern is this... Make a definitive statement, ignore evidence that points otherwise, declare none of us have that "key understanding" of the universe nessisary to grasp the concepts revealed to us and then later pretend it never happened and quietly support the oposite of the origional idea.

If a chicken can survive for a few minutes or so without a head, and thus it doesn't have a soul... and a human killed by say a guillatine goes through the same process... well makes one wonder about a "soul" doesn't it?

Mind you my religion also is clear about everything in creation having a soul... but then I suspect my religions definition is vastly different from 'mainstream religion" or even S.U's

While S.U will laugh at the idea of an atom having a soul. Atoms are the building blocks of the universe, they move through all of us and thus bind all of creation together as one. The atom that make up the mountain came from a star that went super-nova shortly after the first event... it will move off the mountain and into the river and from there into me... maybe it will stay with me or maybe it will leave and enter the atmosphere, perhaps it will carried by the stellar winds to another world entirely and become part of another mountain somewhere. How can you deny the wonder of a single atom?

wa:do

Sorry bud, I never said a virus has a soul. No 180 degree turn.

I never denied the wonder of a single atom. I admire many things that God has created, the sun and moon, but that still does not give the sun and moon a soul.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
***Mod Advisory***​

Please refrain from exchanging personal insults and making inflammatory comments for the remainer of this thread.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Never fails. My posts are edited and I get warnings while others are allowed to insult me and take the thread off topic...

Buttercup

Veteran Member
So starting a thread and having it taken off topic by the Athiest Union is somehow my fault?
Seems as though it's you who takes the thread off topic. From what I've gathered, you've had a surprising number of intelligent and funny responses that you choose to ignore. What do you want anyway?

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
Stupid topic anyway, neuroscience has discovered no such thing as a soul, which if as some believe, leaves the body at death, must therfore exist seperately from the body, attached but not attached, Soul is a fanciful notion, nothing more.

melissa g