1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured That Whole Homosexual--Sin Thing

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Skwim, May 14, 2019.

1. oldbadger

oldbadger Skanky Old Mongrel!

Ratings:
    +4,408
    Religion:
    deist
    So why didn't you take note of my answers and highlight their common sense?

If you're so fed up with the ignorance, try and support the common sense reasoning which answers the bigotry.

2. A Vestigial Mote

A Vestigial Mote Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,603
    Religion:
    ?
    It wasn't that I didn't agree with your assessments - there is very likely truth to them. You just seemed perturbed that "the same old thread" was started in the first place. So I was providing some "common sense" reasons that it behooves us to have the same old conversations over and over again.

If you're so fed up with the threads, try and support the common sense reasoning which answers the redundancy.

3. Evangelicalhumanist

Evangelicalhumanist "Truth" isn't a thing...
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,945
    Religion:
    None, a humanist who doesn't even worship humans
    I will take the word of all of the archaeology, all over the world, including Israel, over what is posted in something called the "Institute for Biblical and Scientific Studies!" The agenda isn't even carefully concealed! :rolleyes:

And here's the thing: (taken from Wikipedia): "There is an almost universal consensus among scholars that the Exodus story is best understood as myth; more specifically, it is a "charter" (or foundation) myth, a story told to explain a society's origins and to provide the ideological foundation for its culture and institutions. While some continue to discuss the potential historicity or plausibility of the Exodus story, the overwhelming majority have abandoned it as "a fruitless pursuit" There is no indication that the Israelites ever lived in Ancient Egypt, and the Sinai Peninsula shows no sign of any occupation for the entire 2nd millennium BCE (even Kadesh-Barnea, where the Israelites are said to have spent 38 years, was uninhabited prior to the establishment of the Israelite monarchy).] In contrast to the absence of evidence for the Egyptian captivity and wilderness wanderings, there are ample signs of Israel's evolution within Canaan from native Canaanite roots."

Finally, you might try reading "The Bible Unearthed" by Israel Finkelstein and Neil Asher Silberman (2002)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Skwim

Skwim Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +10,431
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    Yet you're unable to cite chapter and verse. I understand. ;)

In other words, you still don't know what the word "homosexual" refers to. Good enough.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skwim

Skwim Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +10,431
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    I give up.

Have a nice day.

6. Skwim

Skwim Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +10,431
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    Yup. But so what?

7. Skwim

Skwim Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +10,431
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    I only dislike it because it fails to be analogous. To be so it would require that homosexual sex be detrimental by default, and you haven't cited any such detriment. So as it still stands, god detests homosexual sex for no good reason.

8. KenS

KenS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,121
    Religion:
    Judeo/Christian
    so, dig deeper for deeper meaning unless your only interest is trolling.

9. columbus

columbus Conservative Catholic from Hell

Ratings:
    +12,706
    Religion:
    None
    I don't find your authority to speak for God particularly credible. The fact that you are so wrong about this just decreases your credibility.
    Please don't take this personally, there are a zillion other religionists whose demonstrably wrong beliefs demonstrates clearly that they don't know anything important about God.
    I would not use the word "illicit". "Irresponsible" is a good deal more objective. Sex that carries risks of results that the participants aren't prepared for is irresponsible. Plenty of heterosexual people do that, including lawfully wedded couples.
    If you can't provide a proper childhood for your progeny, then you have no business having sex that is potentially fertile. I don't care what your status is with the church or state. It's still irresponsible to make a baby if you can't take care of him/her.
    Tom

10. Sky Rivers

Sky Rivers Active Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Religion:
    Christian
    Why misquote me?

11. Skwim

Skwim Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +10,431
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    Not that it should matter, but I'm heterosexual. And my fight is against the Bible where god's prejudice has fostered a hatred of homosexuals among a lot of Christians---Christians are not necessarily a nice bunch of people. In fact, they can be downright mean and ugly.

12. Sky Rivers

Sky Rivers Active Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Religion:
    Christian
    No, it is not because of family disagreements. What I refer to here is those men who are married to women, yet leave because they give in to homosexual temptation. Far worse if a child is involved. I also reference other reasons, though I’m not prepared to argue them or end up banned because someone can’t handle the data. It’s sufficient for me to state that I’m convinced of my position.

Your opinion, not mine.

Your opinion, not mine. I’m convinced otherwise.

Looking foolish to you isn’t concerning to me. I don’t accept that men and women are animals. Do we share similarities? Yes. Are we the same? No.

Evolved? No, it hasn’t evolved. Man simply embraced perversion, labeled it, and normalized it. It’s nothing new what man does sexually.

God is perfect, we aren’t. These things you stare are your views, not mine.

Suppressed information is hard to come by. *wink*

13. Shadow Link

Shadow Link Active Member

Ratings:
    +187
    Only if you know what you're really talking about. o_O

14. columbus

Ratings:
    +12,706
    Religion:
    None
    It's nonsense to complain that homosexuality destroys families.

The main thing that destroys families is heterosexual parents divorcing. Jesus was (ostensibly) rather clear about His opinion about divorce.

But I don't see Christian leaders going to battle against it. I don't see Pence or Trump or Graham or Robertson trying to pass Constitutional amendments forbidding divorce. I don't see Christian politicians promising to appoint judges that will end this family destroying cultural norm.

What I see is Christians encouraging young horny people to get married, in order to have socially sanctioned sex, regardless of how irresponsible it is for them to take on the huge burden of properly rearing a child. And then letting them get an easy divorce when they decide that their co-parent was also young and stupid and horny and incompatible as a life mate.

Tom

15. columbus

Ratings:
    +12,706
    Religion:
    None
    Given the tendencies of your threads to involve scantily clad women,

Suggesting that you might be queer makes @BilliardsBall look like an idiot to some of us.
    Tom

16. Shadow Link

Shadow Link Active Member

Ratings:
    +187
    Yeah, she couldn't possibly be talking about the continuation or flow of life there.

'So, here, look over there at that ignorance and not this one.'

17. Enoch07

Enoch07 It's all a sick freaking joke.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,714
    Religion:
    Theistic Rationalist-Christian
    Matthew 10:33

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

All ya gotta do is accept Jesus, just like I said previously.

18. Enoch07

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,714
    Religion:
    Suit yourself.

19. Enoch07

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,714
    Religion:
    I'm not speaking for God. I am just repeating His message from the Bible.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Skwim

Skwim Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +10,431
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    I would say it isn't the homosexuality that's destroying families, but those in a family who have been brainwashed into believing it's an unacceptable sexual orientation, and lash out against it. All homosexuals want to do is be left alone to live out their lives in peace the best they can.

Then heterosexuality must also be a temptation, and acting on it a choice. I'm sorry your lack of understanding of sexual orientation has led you astray. Educate yourself. Please.

Unnatural in the uncommon sense, yes. But so is handedness. You know, dominant right hand vs dominant left hand. Now what?

Well, that's the answer that will earn you an F in science class.

So why didn't god disable the sensuality wiring in the brain once the procreating was all over with, or leave it in the OFF position to begin with for those incapable of procreating? After all, he is all-knowing and is certainly aware of who will be needing it or not. OR, could it be that god purposely designed sex to be fun and exciting? I know god is continually creating evil (even says so in your Bible) but maybe, just maybe, he has a generous side to himself. Possible?

Nope, it's considered to be a perversion by some because that's what a lot of up-tight, sex-fearing, mean-spirited preachers have been telling their congregants. And the congregants, unable to think for themselves, fall for it.

All part of god's great plan (he could stop it if he wanted to) to bring unhappiness to the human species. Thanks god. You're quite a guy. Just don't bend over to pick up the soap when you're in the shower. One of your chosen few might just want to . . . . .oh hell, you know what might happen, you designed it into them. :D

Thanks, but I'd rather follow Mein Kamph than rely on the Christian religion for my standards and ethics.