1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured That Whole Homosexual--Sin Thing

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Skwim, May 14, 2019.

1. Dan Mellis

Dan Mellis Thorsredballs

Ratings:
    +284
    Religion:
    Atheist
    1. How is their pride parade harmful again? If we had a bestiality parade, the parade wouldnt be harmful in itself but the act of bestiality is harmful.

2-5. Can be discarded as nonsense seeing as its all based on bed time stories. Plus, if someone is being a bigot, they should be told so.

6. But its fine to hear about how billy's dad's screwing a woman? Thats not what's being offered. All that is educated at this age is that same sex couples can love eachother and get married the same way men and women do. Nothing but wholesome feelings between two good people. I believe most churches position is that the feelings aren't the sin, the acts are. So if we're just talking feelings, what is your issue?

7. Straight people get aids too. In fact, I'd be willing to bet there is more spent in the treatment of heterosexuals with STI/STDs that gays with aids. Lets also not forget that homosexual women don't get most venereal diseases.

8. Again, bedtime stories until proven otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dan Mellis

Dan Mellis Thorsredballs

Ratings:
    +284
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Not at all. I don't think that would be a moral choice in the slightest. However, the reasons why someone wants to abort don't come into it.

If our scientists weren't so restricted by relgious ideology then they could work on genetic modification so that syndromes like Down's are just wiped out. That's not to devalue the life of anyone with such a syndrome, but if we could cure it we would so why not preempt it?

3. BilliardsBall

BilliardsBall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +587
    Religion:
    Messianic Jewish Christianity
    What do you mean, "the reasons for abortion don't come into abortion"? That makes no sense on a logical or emotional plane to me.

And restrictions on genetic tampering with people are not wholly-religion based.

4. Dan Mellis

Dan Mellis Thorsredballs

Ratings:
    +284
    Religion:
    Atheist
    The reasons behind the choice aren't important when deciding on whether having a choice in the first place is correct - theyre seperate issues and from a pro-choice perspctive you dont even have to have a reason to want an abortion.

No, but religion has its part to play. The "you can't play god" argument is probably the most commonly used against genetic science.

5. Spartan

Spartan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +173
    Religion:
    Christian
    Nope, that's your reach to try to justify illicit gay sex sin.

That's what I said.

6. Spartan

Spartan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +173
    Religion:
    Christian
    The fairy tale is yours, thinking God doesn't exist.

7. Dan Mellis

Dan Mellis Thorsredballs

Ratings:
    +284
    Religion:
    Atheist
    I don't have to justify gay sex. You have to justify why you think its wrong and why it's a sin. simply claiming "god said" isn't good enough. Besides, you ignored the rest of that section.

So.... if straight people can get aids, then surely all sex is harmful and should be banned. Again, you didn't address the last half of this point. Are you ignoring sections for your own ease?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Dan Mellis

Dan Mellis Thorsredballs

Ratings:
    +284
    Religion:
    Atheist
    I'd believe in god if there was any sort of good reason. I'm afraid ancient rambling texts and modern day wild-eyed mania isn't enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sooda

sooda Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,114
    Religion:
    Christian
    The backstory on the reason Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed was because they were prosperous and inhospitable to strangers and travelers.