• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

That Whole Homosexual--Sin Thing

Dan Mellis

Thorsredballs
Homosexual sin - No harm?

A number of reasons it's harmful. First, "gay pride" (two sins). They flaunt it in our faces and try to legitimize it. You don't hear of "adultery pride" parades or "necrophilia pride" parades do you? But even if there were we'd take an equally stellar stance against those. We don't want to hear about it.

Second, most homosexuals who claim to be Christian try to persuade others it's not a sin, leading many (many) into perdition. We don't want to see even one soul lost.

Third, most homosexuals distort the scriptures in some fashion or another in order to try to justify their sin. The distort who Jesus is (saying he's not God so he never spoke out against gay sex sin); they make lengthly arguments against Leviticus, Romans 1:26-27, I Corinthians 6:9-10, etc. Generally, they attack the Word of God and thus attack God himself. We defend the Word and God.

Fourth: Sin is a reproach to individuals and nations and brings God's disfavor on men and nations. Read Deuteronomy chapter 28 to see the curses of disobedience.

Fifth, they attack the Sons and Daughters of God when we stand up for the truth of God's Word. They call us bigots, homophobes, and all manner of names because we disagree with their stance.

Sixth, they push their illicit agenda into every corner of America. Suing the Boy Scouts and anyone else who disagrees with them. They try and sometimes succeed in pushing their gay agenda in elementary schools and elsewhere where it doesn't belong. Nine year old children shouldn't have to hear that Billy's daddy is doing another guy, or that it's ok to do it. They push their agenda in our faces until we're quite sick of it. We don't need to know which way people perform sex acts.

Seventh: (need I go on?) They (and heterosexual sinners) cost taxpayers untold billions in unnecessary health care costs to treat AIDS and other diseases they give to each other. It costs us all money out of our pockets.

And eighth: They refuse to repent of it, making their own salvation and those who they lead astray a serious question mark.

And there's more but that's for starters.

1. How is their pride parade harmful again? If we had a bestiality parade, the parade wouldnt be harmful in itself but the act of bestiality is harmful.

2-5. Can be discarded as nonsense seeing as its all based on bed time stories. Plus, if someone is being a bigot, they should be told so.

6. But its fine to hear about how billy's dad's screwing a woman? Thats not what's being offered. All that is educated at this age is that same sex couples can love eachother and get married the same way men and women do. Nothing but wholesome feelings between two good people. I believe most churches position is that the feelings aren't the sin, the acts are. So if we're just talking feelings, what is your issue?

7. Straight people get aids too. In fact, I'd be willing to bet there is more spent in the treatment of heterosexuals with STI/STDs that gays with aids. Lets also not forget that homosexual women don't get most venereal diseases.

8. Again, bedtime stories until proven otherwise.

Dan Mellis

Thorsredballs
So, the way we should treat down syndrome children "with respect" is to abort them?

Not at all. I don't think that would be a moral choice in the slightest. However, the reasons why someone wants to abort don't come into it.

If our scientists weren't so restricted by relgious ideology then they could work on genetic modification so that syndromes like Down's are just wiped out. That's not to devalue the life of anyone with such a syndrome, but if we could cure it we would so why not preempt it?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Not at all. I don't think that would be a moral choice in the slightest. However, the reasons why someone wants to abort don't come into it.

If our scientists weren't so restricted by relgious ideology then they could work on genetic modification so that syndromes like Down's are just wiped out. That's not to devalue the life of anyone with such a syndrome, but if we could cure it we would so why not preempt it?

What do you mean, "the reasons for abortion don't come into abortion"? That makes no sense on a logical or emotional plane to me.

And restrictions on genetic tampering with people are not wholly-religion based.

Dan Mellis

Thorsredballs
What do you mean, "the reasons for abortion don't come into abortion"? That makes no sense on a logical or emotional plane to me.

And restrictions on genetic tampering with people are not wholly-religion based.

The reasons behind the choice aren't important when deciding on whether having a choice in the first place is correct - theyre seperate issues and from a pro-choice perspctive you dont even have to have a reason to want an abortion.

No, but religion has its part to play. The "you can't play god" argument is probably the most commonly used against genetic science.

Spartan

First, prove your god exists. Then prove what thinks about gay sex. Then, and only then, will I accept what you've just said. Otherwise, I think you're spouting bigotry based on fairy tales and the rules of an imaginary friend.

Even if you did prove all of the above, I would still reject that moral code because its senseless and not moral.

The fairy tale is yours, thinking God doesn't exist.

Dan Mellis

Thorsredballs
Nope, that's your reach to try to justify illicit gay sex sin.

That's what I said.

I don't have to justify gay sex. You have to justify why you think its wrong and why it's a sin. simply claiming "god said" isn't good enough. Besides, you ignored the rest of that section.

So.... if straight people can get aids, then surely all sex is harmful and should be banned. Again, you didn't address the last half of this point. Are you ignoring sections for your own ease?

sooda

Veteran Member
Anyway, I think the main reasons are because of Sodom and Gamorrah being destroyed in the OT, and in the NT, some translations of Revelation mention about homosexuals not entering the kingdom of heaven.

The backstory on the reason Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed was because they were prosperous and inhospitable to strangers and travelers.