• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still love your guns, America? Fourteen elementary kids and teacher killed in Texas

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
If free healthcare was possible and not run by the government that would be great. I don't see how that's possible, however.

There is no free healthcare run by governments, so governments are not relevant to free health care. How you want to make healthcare free, I don't know? Do you?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If free healthcare was possible and not run by the government that would be great. I don't see how that's possible, however.
Most every other nation in the world has figured it out just fine. Why can't the US?

(Also, "free" healthcare isn't actually run by the government in the sense that you mean. It basically just means it's regulated by the government.)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
What a desolation! :(

So different where I live. If I see somebody with a gun in Canada's largest city twice a month, that's a lot! And then, it is only ever attached to a police officer's belt.

Now, the only concession Republican's like Ted Cruz can make is "hardening our schools." Basically, turning them into fortresses protected by gun-toting gendarmes outside. Sheesh. The school across the street from me, in the center of Toronto at lunchtime has a stream of kids happily wandering off to Tim Hortons if they feel like it, or playing in the park next door because it's got more green space than the school yard.

And imagine even trying to have a sensible conversation on gun control of any kind with Marjorie Taylor Green. It is to laugh!

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Evil is your word. I call Rittenhouse a killer with a gun.
Not according to the court system.

Today, the American justice system worked as designed, and a young man who has been lambasted, defamed, and threatened by the media and anti-gun Left was declared innocent of all the charges against him. When we saw the video evidence of Kyle defending himself and others in Kenosha, WI, NFGR made the decision to support him right away, and we’re thrilled to see that he is now a free man,” said Dudley Brown, Executive Director for the National Foundation for Gun Rights.

https://nationalgunrights.org/resources/press-releases/kyle-rittenhouse-cleared-on-all-charges/

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member

So different where I live. If I see somebody with a gun in Canada's largest city twice a month, that's a lot! And then, it is only ever attached to a police officer's belt.

Now, the only concession Republican's like Ted Cruz can make is "hardening our schools." Basically, turning them into fortresses protected by gun-toting gendarmes outside. Sheesh. The school across the street from me, in the center of Toronto at lunchtime has a stream of kids happily wandering off to Tim Hortons if they feel like it, or playing in the park next door because it's got more green space than the school yard.

And imagine even trying to have a sensible conversation on gun control of any kind with Marjorie Taylor Green. It is to laugh!
Yeah I bet they just transport money on open wagons in your utopia.
Nope turns out your banks have gunmen guarding them also , but I'm sure your money is much more important than children.

We Never Know

No Slack
Perfect solution, because so far no presidents have ever been shot or assassinated.

And the security and police in Buffalo and in Uvalde successfully defended their grocery and school against kids legally armed with AR15s.

Protection isnt perfect. However...

A group of armed people protect one person, the president.

Schools and grocery stores(if they have them) have one, maybe two armed people protecting large groups of people.

Who's better protected?

We Never Know

No Slack

The real question is what has happened that we need armed people at schools or the grocery stores?

When I was young guns were easier accessible, they we carried in back seats of cars, on guns racks in trucks(2-3 at a time), taken to school by students as shop projects and we didn't need armed people at schools and such.

Not to mention we also didn't have police sweeps of schools with drugs dogs

We Never Know

No Slack

"The school across the street from me, in the center of Toronto at lunchtime has a stream of kids happily wandering off to Tim Hortons if they feel like it, or playing in the park next door because it's got more green space than the school yard."

Used to be that way when I was young. At school lunchtime we could walk uptown to the local eaters and get lunch.

We Never Know

No Slack
There were armed cops outside the school in Texas the other day. They all got shot and the shooter was able to enter the school anyway.
So armed guards at schools isn't working either. Should we just lock students up in prison-like settings, or maybe, possibly, try to deal with the reasons of how and why people are carrying out these shootings, and how they're getting their guns? This is getting absurd. Is this really how you want to live?

Freedom!!! Right?:rolleyes:

"Should we just lock students up in prison-like settings"

Having to be on closed campus for 8 hours a day, being told what to do and when you can do it.... Doesn't differ a whole lot from jail.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Not according to the court system.

Today, the American justice system worked as designed, and a young man who has been lambasted, defamed, and threatened by the media and anti-gun Left was declared innocent of all the charges against him. When we saw the video evidence of Kyle defending himself and others in Kenosha, WI, NFGR made the decision to support him right away, and we’re thrilled to see that he is now a free man,” said Dudley Brown, Executive Director for the National Foundation for Gun Rights.

https://nationalgunrights.org/resources/press-releases/kyle-rittenhouse-cleared-on-all-charges/
That's one of the most laughable things I've seen in a long time.
Thanks for helping to make the point about who cares about human life and who doesn't.

We Never Know

No Slack
Most every other nation in the world has figured it out just fine. Why can't the US?

(Also, "free" healthcare isn't actually run by the government in the sense that you mean. It basically just means it's regulated by the government.)

The US cares about money.

We have the most millionaires with 21,951,202 (39.1% of the worlds millionaires) and the highest number of billionaires in the world, with 724 American citizens in the three comma club.