• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still love your guns, America? Fourteen elementary kids and teacher killed in Texas

Truth in love

That would be altering the 5th amendment which is high risk.

Also while our prison system is in bad need of reforms the threat of death looms over murders with very long prison terms and can limit some bad behavior within the prison.

Truth in love

We didn't have psychobabble, but we had to saturate our notes with words like assisted, educated, prompted, directed, reminded, reviewed and all these other terms the auditors liked seeing before sending it to insurance.
It's rather infuriating, really, getting into the field expecting to help people and end up getting buried in a mountain of paperwork, endless calls and emails and texts, assessments up to your eyeballs, and end up spending very little time helping people.

One job I had had a number of lines per minutes of service rule. Such a headache.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Never said that. It seems to be a go to of your anytime anyone has a different view from you. Just a thought you are not the Savior.
I gave you two of numerous peace statements by Jesus that you clearly haven't taken to heart, so I'm not the problem here.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
One job I had had a number of lines per minutes of service rule. Such a headache.
Maybe one day they'll learn stuff like that only serves to degrade the quality of customer service, patient care and employee and client/customer satisfaction. For health care, it's sucked the life out of it and turned providers into the parts of an assembly line machine with the patients being reduced to a product of strictly a physical product of numbers.
I think if more people knew how health care works behind the scenes and money and profit have thoroughly corrupted it we'd finally get the needed changes to America's health care system.

Truth in love

Maybe one day they'll learn stuff like that only serves to degrade the quality of customer service, patient care and employee and client/customer satisfaction. For health care, it's sucked the life out of it and turned providers into the parts of an assembly line machine with the patients being reduced to a product of strictly a physical product of numbers.
I think if more people knew how health care works behind the scenes and money and profit have thoroughly corrupted it we'd finally get the needed changes to America's health care system.

I’d love to see improvements, but I doubt any meaningful ones are fourth coming. Gov systems are the biggest driver of extra paper work and the private public partnership between the feds and the insurance companies is scary.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
To prove your point, Medicare is much more efficient than private insurance, thus operating at roughly 3-5% overhead whereas private insurance is around 20% the last I saw, and the latter used to be more expensive until the ACA put a cap on it. However, even Medicare could be more efficient if it wasn't for all the paperwork.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I’d love to see improvements, but I doubt any meaningful ones are fourth coming. Gov systems are the biggest driver of extra paper work and the private public partnership between the feds and the insurance companies is scary.
Where I worked it was the company itself rigging things and misusing assessments that generated the extra paperwork, especially assessments, to generate more money by trapping clients in higher needs service programs, and they pushed these serves to clients like crazy. It was pretty bad, and about the only thing I wasn't getting called into the office for was the amount of billable hours I generated. Everything else was so pathetic I had to argue with the program coordinator that one of my clients is autistic, not anti-social, and it is inappropriate to label such behaviors as anti-social, and it was over one of their assessments they severely twisted and misused. This one being the CANS/ANSA, something they turned into a "level of care needs" assessment (never mind the fact that is not at all what those assessments are designed for).

Truth in love

Where I worked it was the company itself rigging things and misusing assessments that generated the extra paperwork, especially assessments, to generate more money by trapping clients in higher needs service programs, and they pushed these serves to clients like crazy. It was pretty bad, and about the only thing I wasn't getting called into the office for was the amount of billable hours I generated. Everything else was so pathetic I had to argue with the program coordinator that one of my clients is autistic, not anti-social, and it is inappropriate to label such behaviors as anti-social, and it was over one of their assessments they severely twisted and misused. This one being the CANS/ANSA, something they turned into a "level of care needs" assessment (never mind the fact that is not at all what those assessments are designed for).

yea I like the cans as a quick snap shot of needs. My states Medicaid wants them done all the time. They are not useful for sorting out treatment.

Every time an objective measure is used to decide placement, treatment or funds objectivity does.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Well let’s looks Mexico? Nope lots of bad guys with guns running drugs and sex slaves.

China with the concentration camps for Muslims? Nope.

Maybe it’s England where they we’re running public complains to get people to turn in their sharp kitchen knives? Gunna have to say no to that one too.

Now there are nations that are a lot more stable and less prom to random violence than the US. I’m all for that. But I won’t be safer by not having a guns.
And yet Mexico still has less gun deaths than the US. Hmmm
Do you consider China to be a peer country to the US?

All the stats from all the peer countries to the US in the world very clearly demonstrate that good gun regulations prevent gun deaths.

Truth in love

And yet Mexico still has less gun deaths than the US. Hmmm
Do you consider China to be a peer country to the US?

All the stats from all the peer countries to the US in the world very clearly demonstrate that good gun regulations prevent gun deaths.

Unless you can grasps that the murder rate not the gun murder rate is the issue than there is no point talking to you.