• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, What's Up?

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
not4me said:
Einstien pops up once a year :slap:
oh, that hurts :D
I admit I dont show up much these days (months to be percise)...but I'm really very busy

I try hardly to fix up my schedule to suit everything..and I really miss you guys :(

I'm so sorry, and promise to try my best in the future :)

AbuQuteiba

I feel that i haven't talked to you guys for a while and i don't know why but in some way i've missed you and missed talking with you. Maybe i wanted to see all of us contributing in one thread, i don't know why also i am feeling that we haven't done this for a long time. :shrug:

The last time i pmed Peace was...maybe a month ago or more. I also haven't seen Maro here lately (i wonder how she is doing). Einstien pops up once a year :slap: the same for Mujahid and Champion. The Truth is posting rarely nowadays. Jameasi doesn't participate much here. Our new Muslim RFer Lecter "The Fundamentalist :D" has lost his thrill or something. There are some new comers but it seems they prefer the debate area. I consider Ayani as one of us so i hope she is doing well. Cordoba works on his threads as usual.
FVM, talked to her a few hours ago but this doesn't mean i don't miss her also.
Who's left? Oh, yeah
lighten.gif
... no one is actually left except not4me! I remember that i started a thread entitled "Ramadan Thoughts" in which i intended to post a lot, lot of thoughts, you know, but something wrong happened.

So, how are you all doing?
How are you doing with RF these days?

There is something i am sure of that there is a lot of stuff that we didn't discuss at Islam Forum or we didn't focus on much and we should have and i need you to help me to make a list of these things that we could discuss in the near future.....some ideas will be great.

Assalamu alaikum, not4me. Thank you for your concern. I visit every once in a while, but rarely post anything. I guess i've been busy with other things. It's harder to get onto the internet in Makkah. I'm thinking to install it in my apartment, but i'm afraid it'll distract me from what's more important.

Anyway, it seems everybody is doing well, Alhamdulillah. Ramadhan in Kuwait is nice. We have a recitor from Pakistan that comes every year, and he's amazing, masha'Allah. He recites with all the correct qiraa'aat, and it's always interesting to here the Qur'an in the different dialects. It's very beautiful, subhan Allah. Prayer starts at 12am, and finishes around 3:30am. So it really feels like we're getting something done, heh. And Alhamdulillah, he does eleven rak'aat, with long rukoo' and sujoood, and a short du'aa' (supplicataion). So he's following the sunnah exactly, Alhamdulillah. Since i enrolled in Makkah, i haven't been doing i'tikaaf (to spend time with my family), Allahul musta'aan. Insha'Allah i'll start that again when i am done.

Well, that's all i can think to write for now. Baarak Allahu feekum. And may Allah 'aza wa jal accept our siyaam and qiyaam. Wassalamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullah.

ayani

champion ~ that is awesome... i would love to hear and see this someday. hey, isn't tonight Qadr? i believe so... i'll try to stay up tonight, insh'Allah.

AbuQuteiba

champion ~ that is awesome... i would love to hear and see this someday. hey, isn't tonight Qadr? i believe so... i'll try to stay up tonight, insh'Allah.

Well, there is a khilaaf on which night is laylatul- Qadr. But many scholars say it's tonight. Wallahu a'lam. You should try to stay up every night, akhi.

ayani

Well, there is a khilaaf on which night is laylatul- Qadr. But many scholars say it's tonight. Wallahu a'lam. You should try to stay up every night, akhi.

**nods**

i'm definitely staying up tonight. God willing. prayer is better than sleep... thank you, brother. :yes:

ayani

Alhamdulillah, i was able to stay up for Lailatul-Qadr. interestingly, i didn't feel much during the night ( i spent the time reading the Quran, praying, drawing, such things ) but the following day.... i felt incredibly calm, happy, prayerful, and clear. really, more so than i had in a long while. did anyone else do this, or will you? what do you all plan to do?

may Allah bless and guide you guys, always.

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
I remember one, maybe about 4 years ago I had done taraweh, and laid down. I was exhausted that day for some reason. I was in bed, it must have been laylatul qadr though. Every few minutes I would feel a shake and when I awoke would here something calling me by name telling me to answer my Rabb. I fell back to sleep maybe twice and it happened again twice, so I got up out of bed wide awake. I went into the kitchen to make wudhu and the most fabulous, beautiful fragrance was wafting through the air. It was really like nothing I had ever smelled before. It was sweet it was flowery, it was indescribable but made you forget other smells. I could never recreate it. I didn't know what really to do so I just started with taubah. Then I read some Quran. I started to get sleepy after a while, and everytime I dozed off I would awake to beautiful recitation. It startled me to hear it full awake in myhouse, Quran that I was not reading and I can't recite like what I heard. It was a beautiful experience. The next day when I awoke that morning I thought I dreamt it, until I walked through the apartment to smell the last lingers of that fragrance.

AbuQuteiba

Alhamdulillah, i was able to stay up for Lailatul-Qadr. interestingly, i didn't feel much during the night ( i spent the time reading the Quran, praying, drawing, such things ) but the following day.... i felt incredibly calm, happy, prayerful, and clear. really, more so than i had in a long while. did anyone else do this, or will you? what do you all plan to do?

"drawing"....?

maro

muslimah

i was praying the odd nights ,and studying the even nights (becuse lailat al Qadr is most propably an odd night of the last ten days of ramadan) ,
i was trying my best to balance between ibadah and studying ,and alhamdullilah things went fine ,

there is still 1 day left before ramadan is finished "may be 2" , and i plan to make duaa' that allah release my neck from hellfire , and my family as well

i would like to make this ramadan a new page of my life inshallah ,where i honour my commitments more than i used to do .

Hope ramadan was fine with you ayani :)

ayani

maro- Allah bless and reward you, sister. insha'Allah this month will usher in a more blessed and lush phase for you.

2 : 25

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
In Laylatu al Qadr (if it was really that night and hope it was that night :) ) I completed the second reading of the Holy Quran alhamdulillah, I was glad about that and very glad when I cried while supplicating " making the du'a which should be done at the completion of reading the Quran". I was so glad because crying while supplicating is a sign that that du'a will be answered by our Merciful Allah.
May our dear Allah accept from all and increase our iman and piety and grant us freedom from hellfire, ameen!!

Peace

ayani

that is beautiful... Allah's mercy be upon you, Peace. i am glad you had a blessed Qadr. :flower2: