• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, someone unironically sent me this today...

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
MH2ANX1.png

Where to begin?

Eyes to See

What do you want us to say? I'd say just ignore it. And I personally wouldn't have such idiots as friends that would send me this sort of stuff.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Question......
What uniforms are those re-enactment soldiers wearing?

If I knew that it might help my reaction. At the moment all reaction in oldbadger is snoozing....... :p

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I went to a civil war reenactment once. It was pretty awesome. Afterwards we went to the "camp" where they were treating the "wounded" - they poured ketchup on themselves to make it look like blood. It was hilarious.

Gambrinus

accumulative error
Well there were a few in France that supported the Confederacy so there is that connection. But......

exchemist

Veteran Member
Question......
What uniforms are those re-enactment soldiers wearing?

If I knew that it might help my reaction. At the moment all reaction in oldbadger is snoozing....... :p
The other thing about it is the moustaches all three of them are sporting. Are they all gay or something? :D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
WWI French uniform known as the "Bleu Horizon" that was used from 1916 until the end of the war.
Thank you for that info.
No probs then, if re enactment folks want to focus on them.
The poster shown in the OP is just nutty then ! Bonkers! :)

exchemist

Veteran Member
I have to go with @Eyes to See the person who sent it is either an idiot or trying to be funny and failing. There is so much wrong with it.
Yes, my immediate thought was it looked like the sort of thing that might be started by of these Alt-right/ Qanon/ Russian troll farm people, trying to paint "liberals" as unreasonable killjoys, by getting a meme going that they could then get indignant about. :D

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Confederate....French uniforms....
I have got absolutely no idea what this is supposed to be about. Could anyone indulge me and explain what it's all about? Merci,

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Actually, I think this is a sarcastic comment on the utter stupidity of some knee-jerk , uber-liberal protesters.

PureX

Veteran Member
Being fascinated by history doesn't make one 'racist', even if the era one is fascinated by happens to have had a racist component. The Civil War was not just a war about slavery. It was a war between two different, competing economic systems, and over the autonomy of states within the union. But I don't think this is what fascinates re-enactors. I think they're more interested in the individual's experience of life as a soldier in that war.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Apart from everything else, I'm a bit mystified by the phrase
"Confederate Civil War reenactments." After all, the reenactments I'm familiar with involve both Confederate and Union reenactors.

I think they do it because they love history and want to honor those who fought in the Civil War, not for any contemporary political motives. They're expected to remain "in character" (even when sitting around the campfire at night), although I recall hearing about one reenactor who answered his cellphone while marching in Pickett's Charge.

But apart from that, my impression is that they're sticklers for realism and historical accuracy as much as possible.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not quite.
We had the best.....
- Nuclear bombs
- Radar
- Industrial capacity

Fixed. The nuke came at the end of ww2
Britain incented the radar in 35, i believe it was much later that america adopted the idea

But I'll give you industrial capacity

BTW, ww2 ran between 1939 and 1945