• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sharia law approved in Britain

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
So the majority of their people are against it, how do they retain power?
Why is there a need for continious accupation, why is it that Afganistan is been lost? Do they see our democracies as something disarable? Is the Iranian government popular among it people?

I could put forward many eyewitness statements about dissidents in Iran and what the Iranian Islamic government do to them but i feel even then you would not believe it.
I am regulary in contact with real Iranians who know only too well what happens to those opposed to it,as for Afghanistan the majority of Taliban are not Afghans and it has'nt been lost.

Elessar

OK lets look at it like this,how many times do you see the Queen debating in the house of commons or Lords,answer never,howmany times has the Queen ran to be a member of Parliament =0,the Queen opens and closes Parliament and thats it.
Who passes bills in the house,elected MPs do that not the Queen.
As regards Sharia Law and people being happy with it where it applies perhaps a visit to Saudhi or Iran would open your eyes.

The problem both of you are having is a failure to understand that the Crown works differently in different Commonwealth realms. The Queen in Right of Australia, as represented by the Governor-General thereof, takes a greater role in Australian affairs than does the Queen in Right of the United Kingdom in British affairs. The Queen in Right of every realm has different technical and actual powers - if I am not mistaken, Australia is the nation where the Queen in Right has the most actual power, while the United Kingdom is the nation where the Queen in Right has the least actual power, though the greatest amount of technical power. This is all to be also understood in that, while the Queen in Right of every nation is technically the hereditary monarch (i.e., Elizabeth II), the Governors-General of the Commonwealth realms (except the U.K.) are political appointees, by the Prime Minister, thus giving them a greater tie to the system as a whole and a semi-partisan take on the politics of the realm.

emiliano

Well, we have that the US and the coalition of the willing went into Iraq, with a great fire power, years later the British cut and run, the Spanish, the American were promised a withdrawal, Afghanistan has an international force on the ground that is asking for reinforcement, how is this possible? all that power, all those years and the terrorist still seem to be wining, all this without a majority support? I find this hard to believe.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Well, we have that the US and the coalition of the willing went into Iraq, with a great fire power, years later the British cut and run, the Spanish, the American were promised a withdrawal, Afghanistan has an international force on the ground that is asking for reinforcement, how is this possible? all that power, all those years and the terrorist still seem to be wining, all this without a majority support? I find this hard to believe.

I find this hard to decipher but the British are still there and yes a withdrawal has been promised and indeed the terrorists are holding the process up but in reality what are the terrorists winning except spreading terror or baravely killing innocent unarmed people and where do the Spanish come into this,as i said your post seems a little jumbled

emiliano

I find this hard to decipher but the British are still there and yes a withdrawal has been promised and indeed the terrorists are holding the process up but in reality what are the terrorists winning except spreading terror or baravely killing innocent unarmed people and where do the Spanish come into this,as i said your post seems a little jumbled

Isn’t that the purpose of terror, to terrorised, it worked on the Brits and the Spaniard, did it not? What I am driving is that for them to be able to hide for the US forces they must have plenty of support from the locals. They have again manage to force the US to abandon the Iraqis, the US have a history of this and the other is to divide countries in two, that is proven to be a temporary solution.

It’s funny that you said that, considering that your governance system is a Monarchy, so is our and I must say that works quite well and to the satisfaction of the majority of Australians.
Umm... Go do some research. No it is not. It is a constitutional monarchy, meaning the Royals have no power the governance of the state, they are merely there are a front.

emiliano

Umm... Go do some research. No it is not. It is a constitutional monarchy, meaning the Royals have no power the governance of the state, they are merely there are a front.

I cited the dismissal of an elected government, wich is polical, we Australian were in accordance with that, the crown protect our constitution, it can act in politial affairs. To dissolve parliament the government must consult with the Governor General wich in terms consult with the crown in political crisis matters

Elessar

The sourceyou offer, kai, only applies to the Crown in right of the United Kingdom, and does not apply to Elizabeth II, as a person, acting for the Crown in right of Antigua, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Solomon Islands, or Tuvalu. Every nation has different powers and authority granted to the Crown of each individual nation, and the Crown in right in each nation acts according only to their powers and authority therein, through the governors-general of each realm.

kai

ragamuffin
The sourceyou offer, kai, only applies to the Crown in right of the United Kingdom, and does not apply to Elizabeth II, as a person, acting for the Crown in right of Antigua, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Solomon Islands, or Tuvalu. Every nation has different powers and authority granted to the Crown of each individual nation, and the Crown in right in each nation acts according only to their powers and authority therein, through the governors-general of each realm.

Hi Elessar, Check this out.
Australia
The Monarchy Today > Queen and Commonwealth > Australia > The Queen's Role
Canada
The Monarchy Today > Queen and Commonwealth > Canada

New Zealand
The Monarchy Today > Queen and Commonwealth > New Zealand

Jamaica
The Monarchy Today > Queen and Commonwealth > Jamaica
the queen is a constitutional Monarch wherever she is queen and any cerimonial powers are granted to the Queen and Governor Generals by those countries Parliaments. She is a figurehead, an instrument of Government.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Hi Elessar, Check this out.
Australia
The Monarchy Today > Queen and Commonwealth > Australia > The Queen's Role
Canada
The Monarchy Today > Queen and Commonwealth > Canada

New Zealand
The Monarchy Today > Queen and Commonwealth > New Zealand

Jamaica
The Monarchy Today > Queen and Commonwealth > Jamaica
the queen is a constitutional Monarch wherever she is queen and any cerimonial powers are granted to the Queen and Governor Generals by those countries Parliaments. She is a figurehead, an instrument of Government.

Kai ,i'm glad someone gets it

Reactions: kai
anything that can be used to keep a family together is an excellent thing
a male child lived in his family and watched for years as his dad beat his mother and when came that male child of age he righteously beat his dad and his dad no more put hand to his wife
yes i support keeping families together by any means and let the chips fall as they may
for provided there is a GOd then He shall find for HIMSELf a willing son and that son shall be HIs righteous avenger
more power to HIm
iamnothing0

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
a male child lived in his family and watched for years as his dad beat his mother and when came that male child of age he righteously beat his dad and his dad no more put hand to his wife
yes i support keeping families together by any means and let the chips fall as they may
for provided there is a GOd then He shall find for HIMSELf a willing son and that son shall be HIs righteous avenger
more power to HIm
iamnothing0

We have Laws to cover this, what is your point.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
more power to HIm
iamnothing0

And this relates to Sharia law how?

Alla Prima

OK Sharia law is allowed but only in arbitration within an existing framework

This is only the start. I doubt that will satidfy them for long. Muslim in Rotterdam for instance want to change the rules of the courtroom. They're asking to be allowed to remain seated when the judge enters the room. They only recognize Allah.