• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sharia law approved in Britain

Mike182

Flaming Queer
This is only the start. I doubt that will satidfy them for long. Muslim in Rotterdam for instance want to change the rules of the courtroom. They're asking to be allowed to remain seated when the judge enters the room. They only recognize Allah.

Funny, the lack of any sort of outbreak over this topic from the Islamic community would seem to suggest that there is no element of dissatisfaction. Why do you suggest they are not satisfied?

RomCat

A Muslim lady on the news was in tears.
She said she came to England to escape
Sharia law.
England is no longer one nation. It is now
two nations. And giving the demographic
trend all of England will be living under
Sharia law in a few years.

Alla Prima

Funny, the lack of any sort of outbreak over this topic from the Islamic community would seem to suggest that there is no element of dissatisfaction. Why do you suggest they are not satisfied?

If Muslims were satisfied with the host country there would be no call for Sharia Law. The objective is to create an Islamic State within the host country eventually transforming the country to Islam.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Sharia law.

That shows a horrendous misunderstanding of the British legal system and the system proposed. This thread is about that entire misunderstanding and a couple of posters have demonstrated the accurate understanding, try reading the thread at some point.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
If Muslims were satisfied with the host country there would be no call for Sharia Law. The objective is to create an Islamic State within the host country eventually transforming the country to Islam.

Which Muslims called for Sharia law? Please remind me.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Sharia law.
So-called "Sharia law" in England operates as a form of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). It can only be used for certain civil disputes, and only when all parties to the dispute agree - it's completely voluntary.

This leads me to conclude that you're saying that within a few years, all of England will be happily Muslim. Is that your position?

Alla Prima

This leads me to conclude that you're saying that within a few years, all of England will be happily Muslim. Is that your position?

That is the thrust yes. At some recent time I'm sure any Sharia Law in Britain would have been unthinkable and now the unthinkable has happened. But it won't stop there. As Dr. Mohammad Abdul Bari of the Muslim Council for Britain said in an interview his aim was to encourage Britain to adopt Sharia amd more Islamic ways. He thought it a good idea for non Muslims to have arranged marriage, stop drinking and gambling and follow many of the teachings of Islam. One need not be a Sherlock Holmes to see where this is going.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
AP, I'm afraid you are insulting the intelligence of the British.

I mean, if someone wants to spread out the Sharia law, then let him try (if that is allowed by law), but I believe the British people are smart enough to judge themselves; whether to take it or leave it.

Don't try to convince me that this Mohamed Abdul Bari is brain washing her majesty!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That is the thrust yes. At some recent time I'm sure any Sharia Law in Britain would have been unthinkable and now the unthinkable has happened.
How was it unthinkable? They introduced ADR with the intent of allowing people to resolve disputes as they pleased within certain limits, and people used that law to resolve disputes as they pleased within those limits. How exactly do you think that this was unforeseeable?

But it won't stop there. As Dr. Mohammad Abdul Bari of the Muslim Council for Britain said in an interview his aim was to encourage Britain to adopt Sharia amd more Islamic ways. He thought it a good idea for non Muslims to have arranged marriage, stop drinking and gambling and follow many of the teachings of Islam. One need not be a Sherlock Holmes to see where this is going.
Indeed: some people will hear the words of Dr. Mohammad Abdul Bari and evaluate them on their merits. Others will never hear them and keep doing what they're doing, like most of the people who heard Dr. Bari.

Alla Prima

How was it unthinkable? They introduced ADR with the intent of allowing people to resolve disputes as they pleased within certain limits, and people used that law to resolve disputes as they pleased within those limits.

ADR is for all people is it not? And it is not affiliated with any one religion is it?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
ADR is for all people is it not? And it is not affiliated with any one religion is it?
Yes, it's for all people and no, it's not affiliated with any religion. AFAICT, so long as everyone is in agreement, you can settle your civil dispute however you want, subject to only some very basic rules.

In most cases, this is a hired mediator with no religious affiliations. In some cases, it's a person with some sort of religious affiliation (not just Muslim). Conceivably, the dispute could be resolved by a psychic medium or with a sack race.

Alla Prima

Yes, it's for all people and no, it's not affiliated with any religion. AFAICT, so long as everyone is in agreement, you can settle your civil dispute however you want, subject to only some very basic rules.

In most cases, this is a hired mediator with no religious affiliations. In some cases, it's a person with some sort of religious affiliation (not just Muslim). Conceivably, the dispute could be resolved by a psychic medium or with a sack race.

This is good then.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I don't believe for a second that the idea of a separate law for Muslims wasn't already in the heads of Muslims before they arrived in the UK. Let's not be naive.
Irrelevant. Muslim immigrants who have obtained British citizenship are British. British-born Muslims are certainly British.

Alla Prima

One more point. I don't see Buddhists demanding a separate law for Buddhists. I don't see Wiccans demanding a separate law for Wiccans. I don't see Scientologists demanding a separate law for Scientologists. I don't see Hindus demanding a separate law for Hindus. I don't see Sikhs demanding a separate law for Sikhs. I don't see Mormons demanding a separate law for Mormons.... etc.