• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sharia law approved in Britain

Alla Prima

Yes, but your point was a red herring.

Muslims chose to immigrate to Britain. Britain has it's own law which the British are to live by equally. Muslims knew this when they chose to move to Britain. Other Brits don't have their own law tailored made for them yet Muslims demand it. How is this not bullyism and special treatment and how is this a red herring?

Alla Prima

From the Council of Ex-Muslims:

Sharia Law and Citizenship Rights

Maryam Namazie pointed out that many women in Britain dealt with by Sharia courts did not know that they had another choice. Women before Sharia courts were those in most need of secular courts. Sharia law was heavily weighted against women. It was not racist to oppose Sharia law; it was racist to want to drag people back to mediaeval laws.

Mahin Alipour described Sharia as a platform for political Islam and a Trojan horse within Western society. Political Islam was fighting for more power and using Sharia as a tool to this end. The West was turning a blind eye to ongoing abuses such as stoning of women and execution of children. She spoke of the near impossibility of practising her profession as an engineer in Iran. She escaped to Sweden but still encountered discrimination against ethnic minority women, not helped by the attitude of the Swedish Government.

For Ibn Warraq the two groups who suffered most from Sharia were women and non-Muslim minorities. The Sharia regime introduced in Pakistan had had a huge impact on women. Yet until the 1930s, Islam had sometimes been more tolerant than Europe.
http://www.iheu.org/node/3303

Trojan Horse is a perfect analogy.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Muslims chose to immigrate to Britain. Britain has it's own law which the British are to live by equally. Muslims knew this when they chose to move to Britain. Other Brits don't have their own law tailored made for them yet Muslims demand it. How is this not bullyism and special treatment and how is this a red herring?
Two reasons:

- Because every British citizen has the right to vote, speak out and run for office, and when British Muslims do these things, they're exercising the same right that every other British citizen has.

- Because the ADR provisions that allow for Muslims to use Sharia law to resolve disputes were not enacted at the behest of Muslims.

And BTW: Muslims don't have "their own law tailor made for them." OTOH, some other Britons, specifically the Scottish and the Welsh, do. Of course, Scottish and Welsh Muslims are also subject to this special law, but it's on the basis of being Scottish or Welsh, not on the basis of being Muslim.

Alla Prima

Two reasons:

- Because every British citizen has the right to vote, speak out and run for office, and when British Muslims do these things, they're exercising the same right that every other British citizen has.

- Because the ADR provisions that allow for Muslims to use Sharia law to resolve disputes were not enacted at the behest of Muslims.

And BTW: Muslims don't have "their own law tailor made for them." OTOH, some other Britons, specifically the Scottish and the Welsh, do. Of course, Scottish and Welsh Muslims are also subject to this special law, but it's on the basis of being Scottish or Welsh, not on the basis of being Muslim.

I haven't been speaking of rights but rather special laws demanded for those who use intimidation to achieve their ends. Special laws to further separate one segment of society from another and erode further the British society. I actually don't blame the Muslims. They're doing what Muslims are supposed to do. I blame the appeasing British leadership and Britain's perverted form of multiculturalism.

I just hope the Americans have the backbone to stand up to this Trojan Horse.

Alla Prima

The Scottish and Welsh don't have the intent (written into doctrine) to dominate the host country.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I haven't been speaking of rights but rather special laws demanded for those who use intimidation to achieve their ends. Special laws to further separate one segment of society from another and erode further the British society.
Ah. My mistake. I thought you were talking about things that actually exist.

The Scottish and Welsh don't have the intent (written into doctrine) to dominate the host country.
They don't need it. The Scottish dominate Scotland and the Welsh dominate Wales.