• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sharia law approved in Britain

gnostic

The Lost One
Sharia laws have been approved in Britain, to handle family and divorce disputes.

Is this a good or bad thing?

Will the case be handled secretly or with transparency?

Will it isolate the Muslim communities from the non-Muslim communities?

Will the Muslim women be disadvantaged?

Can the Muslim women choose to have her case handle by secular laws if she feel she'll be disadvantaged?

For those RF members living in Britain, how will it affect you?

Last edited:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Sharia laws have been approved in Britain, to handle family and divorce disputes.

Is this a good or bad thing?

Will the case be handled secretly or with transparency?

Will it isolate the Muslim communities from the non-Muslim communities?

Will the Muslim women be disadvantaged?

Can the Muslim women choose to have her case handle by secular laws if she feel she's being disadvantaged?

For those RF members living in Britain, how will it affect you?

One Law one people, all this does is divide. Britian is not a muslim country and nor should it be.
I really do not understand such a decision, the British are quite patriotic, all this does is water it down. Shame.

gnostic

The Lost One
Like you, I am not British, but from my perspective I don't approve of separate laws in a country.

I believe in separation of state and religion, so the secular law should handle family and divorce disputes, not by any religious law (not just Islamic law). Religious laws tend to favour men almost exclusively.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'm not sure I agree with the principle of separate laws, but if they let the Jews do it, they should let the Muslims, too.

gnostic

The Lost One
I'm not sure I agree with the principle of separate laws, but if they let the Jews do it, they should let the Muslims, too.
I actually wouldn't approve of the Jews practising their law in the country too.

lunamoth

Will to love
I think this is like choosing to use mediation rather than a civil court to settle certain kinds of disputes (not criminal disputes). This is already an option in the US. All parties have to agree.

If a woman is in a situation where she can be forced to use Sharia law against her will, she's already in trouble.

gnostic

The Lost One
I was actually reading another thread, here (in Quranic Debates), and just started a new topic without giving any thought of where I was.

Sorry.

nawab

first of all its is a problem of my family not state, me and my family should settle affairs how we want. for example if my wife sleeps with another man naturally i ll divorce her but the UK Law is that if i divorce her i ll have to give her half of what i own.

anyway, UK Government should approve for even Hindus, as well i understand that the Christians dont need Christian Laws, but there are still some people who are religious and do not beleive in the religion and state separate theory.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
first of all its is a problem of my family not state, me and my family should settle affairs how we want. for example if my wife sleeps with another man naturally i ll divorce her but the UK Law is that if i divorce her i ll have to give her half of what i own.

anyway, UK Government should approve for even Hindus, as well i understand that the Christians dont need Christian Laws, but there are still some people who are religious and do not beleive in the religion and state separate theory.

But if you lived in Britian you SHOULD live under British law. there should be no exceptions based on religion.
Britian is not an Islamic state and therefore should not allow Islamic laws. One People, One set of rules, everyone is happy. Those people who aren't can go to a country that accepts their terms, nothing is keeping people in Britian against their will.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
But Britain already allows a Jewish court, and I don't hear anyone complaining about that. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

nawab

well britian has to pay the price why did they invaded our lands, now they will pay. they will listen to our demands. we as colonialists have a right to demand our court to settle our own affairs. just like in a muslim country we should allow Jews and Christians to settle the affairs according to their doctrine. most or the people especially from India and Pakistan fought for the Royal Indian Army. we fought for them not just for a salary of peanuts when they stole opium from India and sell it into China to fill thier own pockets. my friends what goes around comes around.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
But Britain already allows a Jewish court, and I don't hear anyone complaining about that. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I wasn't aware of that, sorry.

I think its stupid. I'm against a Jewish court as much as i am an Islamic one, people who have a problem with British law the way it was have no place in Britian. Nothing stops you from moving. My family and I had a problem with New Zealand laws so we left, it wasn't that difficult.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
well britian has to pay the price why did they invaded our lands, now they will pay. they will listen to our demands. we as colonialists have a right to demand our court to settle our own affairs. just like in a muslim country we should allow Jews and Christians to settle the affairs according to their doctrine. most or the people especially from India and Pakistan fought for the Royal Indian Army. we fought for them not just for a salary of peanuts when they stole opium from India and sell it into China to fill thier own pockets. my friends what goes around comes around.

No they don't thats a sick statement. The thing is, places like Saudi Arabia will not (at least while im alive) allow the same things you demand for non-muslims. You cannot expect what you refuse to grant.
Britian owes you nothing, if anything, you owe Britian for bringing civility and peace to a lot of the world through colonisation, even Hong Kong.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I wasn't aware of that, sorry.

I think its stupid. I'm against a Jewish court as much as i am an Islamic one, people who have a problem with British law the way it was have no place in Britian. Nothing stops you from moving. My family and I had a problem with New Zealand laws so we left, it wasn't that difficult.
Maybe not for you.

nawab

Well if Saudi is not pratising the islamic law then it is their fault i am telling you about islam not about muslims ok, whats a lie you dont know anything about the crimes done by the East India Company, my grand father was a cavalry captain in the 7th rajpoot cavalry, the queen wont tell you alrite, listen up brits this year we made billions from Opium. I am living In Hong Kong also i know very well what they did commiting crimes in the colonaies and then saying you fools we are civilasing you. First the British sold opium to the poor Chinese people and then whee they stop buying these british bullies send thier troops to wage the Opium war. this is your proud nation.

i think even if Saudi doesnt allows it, no problem they didnt conqure england and enslaved the british it was the opposite the british came to muslim land (the indian Sub continent) and enslaved people and massacres were carried outso thats why they let us in your country or why do you think they let us in because we are too handsome,

Zephyr

Moved on
Oh come on now, this is just ridiculous.

There should be one rule for England. Jews, Muslims, Christians, and everybody else should all run through the same system.

gnomon

Well if Saudi is not pratising the islamic law then it is their fault i am telling you about islam not about muslims ok, whats a lie you dont know anything about the crimes done by the East India Company, my grand father was a cavalry captain in the 7th rajpoot cavalry, the queen wont tell you alrite, listen up brits this year we made billions from Opium. I am living In Hong Kong also i know very well what they did commiting crimes in the colonaies and then saying you fools we are civilasing you. First the British sold opium to the poor Chinese people and then whee they stop buying these british bullies send thier troops to wage the Opium war. this is your proud nation.

i think even if Saudi doesnt allows it, no problem they didnt conqure england and enslaved the british it was the opposite the british came to muslim land (the indian Sub continent) and enslaved people and massacres were carried outso thats why they let us in your country or why do you think they let us in because we are too handsome,

:cigar:
:run: