• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Share some pearls from your path

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I could give you pages of examples on how the Bible has helped me being a better person and better managing my life in general but I'll just leave you with my favorite: Matthew 7:12 "All things therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must do to them".
Pretty self explanatory, treat others the same way you want to be treated.
Applying this principle in my life has help me be more respectful of others no matter what our difference may be and in turn I found people respect me too because that's how I set the pace of our relationship, personal or professional.
Thanks for that. I didn't know you were Christian. How's Christianity doing in France? Is it on the rise or decline? I heard Christianity was dying in France and Islam is on the rise. I'd like to hear from someone from there.

France used to be the most devoutly Christian nation. I love Joan of Arc, Bernadette Subirous, Louis Demontfort, Vincent DePaul, and the French Saints and French history.

France was called the eldest daughter of the Church. I've heard quite negative things however about how France is doing these days. I pray for her. I also pray to Napoleon and the souls of those who served France for the future and glory of the nation that suffered so much.

Anyway, the country seems to be in a crisis now, but she has been in many crisis in the past and endured. I pray she has a bright glorious future. :D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The deer is always searching for the origin of the musk scent it continually senses, not realising the fragrance comes from its own navel.
Musk represents Truth, the deer are us.
Does it have to do with finding the truth within oneself?

Vee

Premium Member
Thanks for that. I didn't know you were Christian. How's Christianity doing in France? Is it on the rise or decline? I heard Christianity was dying in France and Islam is on the rise. I'd like to hear from someone from there.

France used to be the most devoutly Christian nation. I love Joan of Arc, Bernadette Subirous, Louis Demontfort, Vincent DePaul, and the French Saints and French history.

France was called the eldest daughter of the Church. I've heard quite negative things however about how France is doing these days. I pray for her. I also pray to Napoleon and the souls of those who served France for the future and glory of the nation that suffered so much.

Anyway, the country seems to be in a crisis now, but she has been in many crisis in the past and endured. I pray she has a bright glorious future. :D

Hi. Jehovah's Witness are Christian. We obey Jesus and follow the bible very seriously.
I'm not sure if France is any different from other developed countries. Religion in general is in sharp decline and few people are interested in spiritual matters. We still find some people who want to learn, but not that many, which is not surprising.
First, people are more and more focused on themselves and material things and second, throughout history organized religion has caused so many problems and religious leaders gave such poor examples that people became discouraged and turned their backs on religion altogether.
Personally I'm much happier and my life is much better since I started studying the bible and applying its principles in my life, but everyone is entitled to make their own choices and most people today are not religious.
Islam seems to be on the rise because Muslims have lots of children, but very few people would willingly become muslim. Those who are were generally born into a muslim family and raised that way.
Thank you for you positive thoughts for France. I believe things will get worse before they get better, but they will get better and hope helps me making it from one day to the other .

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
“Life is mostly froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.”

Adam Gordon

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
The New Testament is not what I call an historical work, nor the word of God but rather, a book of men - which is Fallible! Falsifiable! And proven to contain errors, omissions, interpolations and fabrications. And all this isn't my Muslim stance - but one adopted from Christian scholars and historians of the faith you follow!

Peace

ALL religious books are such, - and written by fallible man.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
Honestly becoming a Pagan has made me more aware of myself and nature. I don't think any one quote quite catches the essence of that but just being more aware of my spiritual understanding has made me a better person in thought.

But, before I officially walked a Pagan path, I started out as a Satanist. I still agree strongly with Anton LaVey, his Satanic Bible is surprisingly (for me at least) full of wisdom, despite the backlash of the religion in general. I think there are many things about his philosophy others can reflect on. My favorite quotes from him:

"Just because a Satanist admits he is capable of both love and hate, he is considered hateful. On the contrary, because he is able to give vent to his hatred through ritualized expression, he is far more capable of love -the deepest kind of love. By honestly recognizing and admitting to both the hate and love he feels, there is no confusing one emotion with the other. Without being able to experience one of these emotions, you cannot fully experience the other." (The Satanic Bible, Book of Lucifer, pg 65)

I like this quote because in my experience I found that expressing emotions, even indirectly, actually makes people able to function, without all that distraction of confused emotions tucked away deep inside. I have also found that experiencing greater hate isn't different from experiencing the greatest love. It just has negative consequences that the truest love doesn't hold. It also makes you more able to appreciate love.

"If you do something to make someone for whom you care happy, his happiness will give you a sense of gratification." (Book of Lucifer, pg 51)

This quote is important in many ways. LaVey established that Satanism is focused on the ego, and therefore is a form of "controlled selfishness." This doesn't mean narcissism; I know a few narcissistic types in my family and being interested in yourself doesn't make you a narcissist. It means you are more aware of yourself therefore you desire to become better, happiner and fulfilled. And the control implies that you can control when to not be seeking fortune for yourself. Happiness is something we all seek, doing good for others is more often than not a win-win situation. If we can be more charitable, the world will definitely be a happier place for everyone.

"When a Satanist commits a wrong, he realizes that it is natural to make a mistake - and if he is truely sorry about what he has done, he will learn from it and take care not to do the same thing again." (Book of Lucifer, pg 41)

Many people will do things they feel sorry for and not learn from it, and others seem to shun mistakes altogether. We are humans, which means it is natural to make mistakes, and the mistakes we suffer from are supposed to be lessons for us. I should also point out that in the same paragraph, LaVey points out that Christian people who are not sorry for sinning or doing taboos will often do the same thing over and over again. Because humans can be both rational and impulsive, it is important to educate ourselves on the consequences, and if we actually want to advoid consequence, be it religious, scientific or social, we should take care to choose with caution and careful thought. We can learn from the mistakes of others, or by the hard way.

I could quote more from both the Satanic Bible and LaVey's other books but I can't be here all day. Life is calling and I better answer.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
From the street....... "What goes around, comes around."

Yep, I have my version below -

"Do what is RIGHT and eventually it will circle around to BLESS YOU.

Do what is WRONG and eventually it will circle around to BITE YOU on the BUTT!"

Mohsen

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
ALL religious books are such, - and written by fallible man.

Not the Qur'an. It was revealed by God to Gabriel the Arch Angel who delivered it to Muhammad pbuh!!! And to date, it is still the same, not a letter of it has changed - it is preserved first in the hearts of Countless Millions of Muslims since the 7th century CE to date, and secondly in the printed form - where not even a letter has been changed, ommitted or added to since the 7th century.

The Qur'an, the Final Revelation!!!

Peace

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Not the Qur'an. It was revealed by God to Gabriel the Arch Angel who delivered it to Muhammad pbuh!!! And to date, it is still the same, not a letter of it has changed - it is preserved first in the hearts of Countless Millions of Muslims since the 7th century CE to date, and secondly in the printed form - where not even a letter has been changed, ommitted or added to since the 7th century.

The Qur'an, the Final Revelation!!!

Peace

All such religions say the same thing. You have no proof of any of it. We have had multiple threads here about the Qur'an "not being changed" "infallible," etc. Look them up. You will find things have changed - with interpretation by modern Islamic scholars, and some info is wrong, - as in all ancient texts.

Mohsen

All such religions say the same thing. You have no proof of any of it. We have had multiple threads here about the Qur'an "not being changed" "infallible," etc. Look them up. You will find things have changed - with interpretation by modern Islamic scholars, and some info is wrong, - as in all ancient texts.

I've read those threads, and found them to be more satire than scholastic.

I'm not looking for showmanship, I'm chasing scholarship. And I found nowt in those threads - thank you for play though! ;)

Peace.

Mohsen

Cool. The Hávamál was told by Odin himself.

Vikings have been around for a long time but the Hávamál is only as old as the 13th century? Vikings have been around since, well... mid 8th century CE??? 500 years to play with nursery rhymes hardly cuts the mustard me lad!!

Peace.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I've read those threads, and found them to be more satire than scholastic.

I'm not looking for showmanship, I'm chasing scholarship. And I found nowt in those threads - thank you for play though! ;)

Peace.

Ahhhh! You have come back in under a different name - yes?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Vikings have been around for a long time but the Hávamál is only as old as the 13th century? Vikings have been around since, well... mid 8th century CE??? 500 years to play with nursery rhymes hardly cuts the mustard me lad!!

Peace.

LOL! He was pointing out that both claims are the same -

And you called his false; - guess what that makes yours?

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Vikings have been around for a long time but the Hávamál is only as old as the 13th century?
Your god's been around forever but it took him until the year 600 to tell and angel to tell some dude to write it all down?

You know, it's funny that this thread's intent was to share wisdoms and good sayings from various religious paths, but all you seem to be able to do is pump your chest about how awesome Islam and the Quran are.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yep, I have my version below -

"Do what is RIGHT and eventually it will circle around to BLESS YOU.

Do what is WRONG and eventually it will circle around to BITE YOU on the BUTT!"

I've never read that amusing way of putting it before. It's wonderful.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I like how ecumenical this forum is and thank the staff for giving me a second chance. I'm grateful for the wisdom I've seen come from Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Shamans, Animists, Deists, Necromancers, spiritists, Buddhists, heathens, Luciferians, Mormons, Atheists, agnostics, pagans, and the many different paths members of RF are on. I have seen valuable wisdom, understanding, insight, and Charity come from people on all of these paths.
You know, Pope, I really do like you, so I'm not trying to be petty. But I couldn't help but notice that you have listed fifteen different religions (i.e. if you include atheists and agnostics). You pretty much covered the gamut, even though there were actually a couple (e.g. Sikhism, Confucianism and Taoism) that you left out. But, while you made a distinction between Mormonism and Christianity, you didn't also specify Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Presbyterianism, Methodism, Lutheranism, etc. Having grown up in a religion that has as its primary focus the life, mission and atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, it would be greatly appreciated if you would acknowledge that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is part of Christianity.

To better appreciate your walk, please share some wisdom you have learned from your faith. Perhaps it is a favorite text or quote or a valuable lesson you have learned. I appreciate any pearls you have to offer :)
What I have learned from my particular denomination of Christianity ;) is that God is the Father of the spirits of each and every person who ever lived. I have learned that knows us individually, loves all of us equally, and wants nothing more than for us to return to His presence someday. His Plan allows for the salvation of those who lived their lives without ever even having heard of Him. It encourages us to see ourselves as His literal spirit offspring and to know that we are of infinite worth to Him.