• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Share some pearls from your path

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I like how ecumenical this forum is and thank the staff for giving me a second chance. I'm grateful for the wisdom I've seen come from Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Shamans, Animists, Deists, Necromancers, spiritists, Buddhists, heathens, Luciferians, Mormons, Atheists, agnostics, pagans, and the many different paths members of RF are on. I have seen valuable wisdom, understanding, insight, and Charity come from people on all of these paths.

To better appreciate your walk, please share some wisdom you have learned from your faith. Perhaps it is a favorite text or quote or a valuable lesson you have learned. I appreciate any pearls you have to offer :)

Mohsen

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
I like the idea for this thread PopeADope,

but be aware of Matthew 7:6,

Peace

Mohsen

I believe there are people of almost all religious beliefs who meet that description

God created us in diversity, did He not? :)

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted. - Qur'an 49:13

God bless,

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
"The heart itself is but a small vessel, yet there also are dragons and there are lions; there are poisonous beasts and all the treasures of evil. And there are rough and uneven roads; there are precipices. But there is also God, also the angels, the life and the kingdom, the light and the Apostles, the treasures of grace---there are all things." - St. Macarius the Great

“Enter eagerly into the treasure-house that lies within you, and so you will see the treasure-house of heaven: for the two are the same, and there is but one single entry to them both. The ladder that leads to the Kingdom is hidden within you, and is found in your own soul. Dive into yourself and in your soul you will discover the rungs by which to ascend.” - St. Isaac the Syrian

And of course, what I had as my signature line for the longest time: "Love should never be sacrificed for the sake of dogmatic differences." - St. Nektarios of Aegina

Spiderman

Veteran Member
God created us in diversity, did He not? :)

God bless,
That is why we should respect where others are at and not label them as infidels. I pray to Muhammad and the deceased Muslims for help seeing Islam as beautiful and loving all Muslims especially those who are hardest to love. In time I might succeed! :)

Mohsen

That is why we should respect where others are at and not label them as infidels. I pray to Muhammad and the deceased Muslims for help seeing Islam as beautiful and loving all Muslims especially those who are hardest to love. In time I might succeed! :)

Even I don't do this,

Pray to God. Not humans, dead or alive!

God bless!!!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
"The heart itself is but a small vessel, yet there also are dragons and there are lions; there are poisonous beasts and all the treasures of evil. And there are rough and uneven roads; there are precipices. But there is also God, also the angels, the life and the kingdom, the light and the Apostles, the treasures of grace---there are all things." - St. Macarius the Great

“Enter eagerly into the treasure-house that lies within you, and so you will see the treasure-house of heaven: for the two are the same, and there is but one single entry to them both. The ladder that leads to the Kingdom is hidden within you, and is found in your own soul. Dive into yourself and in your soul you will discover the rungs by which to ascend.” - St. Isaac the Syrian

And of course, what I had as my signature line for the longest time: "Love should never be sacrificed for the sake of dogmatic differences." - St. Nektarios of Aegina
Those were precious! Are you Catholic?

Mohsen

Those were precious! Are you Catholic?
says "more orthdox than catholic" in the box description.

Ever heard of Sergius the Monk? he was a Nestorian Christian living in Syria, around the time of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh. He sent his only student, a man named Salman al Farsi, to locate the final prophet and messenger of God in Arabia, a man named Muhammad son of Abdullah! Peace be upon him.

May I ask, why you are Catholic?

Peace

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Even I don't do this,

Pray to God. Not humans, dead or alive!

God bless!!!
I believe all spirits are on a journey and evolving. They are all connected to God and the universe and can be invoked. It is good to have friends in high places. The oldest Religions believed the dead were still living as spirits and could be contacted. Respect what others hold as sacred!

Mohsen

I believe all spirits are on a journey and evolving. They are all connected to God and the universe and can be invoked. It is good to have friends in high places. The oldest Religions believed the dead were still living as spirits and could be contacted. Respect what others hold as sacred!

Ah yes, I forgot, Catholics actually pray to the dead, honouring them as Saints. You require "mediators" between yourself and God Almighty. You've made God out to be beyond the reach of mankinds beseeching.

Muslims worship and pray to God directly, no intercessor/mediation required.We have a direct connection with God. The very name ISHMAEL in Hebrew Aramaic translates to and means "God hears him".

Wow, did I just drop a pearl? I wonder if it shall be "trampled".

peace

Spiderman

Veteran Member
says "more orthdox than catholic" in the box description.

Ever heard of Sergius the Monk? he was a Nestorian Christian living in Syria, around the time of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh. He sent his only student, a man named Salman al Farsi, to locate the final prophet and messenger of God in Arabia, a man named Muhammad son of Abdullah! Peace be upon him.

May I ask, why you are Catholic?

Peace
I'm on a phone so I don't see the box description.

I'm Catholic because it is the only Church that dates back to the time of Christ. I get a lot out of confession, holy Communion, Rosaries, chaplets, Novenas, sacramentals, and prayers to the Saints.

Scripture says we are all one body in Christ. When a person dies they do not cease to be a member of the body. Therefore we can invoke and have friendship with the dead.

No, I never heard of Sergius the monk

Shiranui117

Premium Member
Ah yes, I forgot, Catholics actually pray to the dead, honouring them as Saints. You require "mediators" between yourself and God Almighty. You've made God out to be beyond the reach of mankinds beseeching.

Muslims worship and pray to God directly, no intercessor/mediation required.We have a direct connection with God. The very name ISHMAEL in Hebrew Aramaic translates to and means "God hears him".

peace
Yes, and of course Catholics also pray to God directly. They also happen to believe that the faithful departed are able to pray to God on behalf of the living.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

peace
We pray directly to God as well and have God living within us. Praying to the Saints is not necessary , but I find it helpful.

Shiranui117

Premium Member

I'm Catholic because it is the only Church that dates back to the time of Christ.
I would post a "TRIGGERED" meme with a picture of an Orthodox priest, but the Orthodox meme game is sadly not as strong as the Catholics' yet. I might have to help change that...

Mohsen

Ah I see!

I'm Catholic because it is the only Church that dates back to the time of Christ.

There was no church at the time of Jesus the Messiah. peace be upon him. You got your history confuddled here!

I get a lot out of confession, holy Communion, Rosaries, chaplets, Novenas, sacramentals, and prayers to the Saints.

Sounds very much like a polytheists answer, not a monotheist one! You sure you worship God and not dead people?

Scripture says we are all one body in Christ. When a person dies they do not cease to be a member of the body. Therefore we can invoke and have friendship with the dead.

You do realize the epistles of Paul 1 & 2 which made it into Corinthians (and Romans) are forgeries, right?

No, I never heard of Sergius the monk

Now you have!

Peace