• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeing That Women Can Go Topless Now Do You Suppose A Lot More Rapes Will Happen?

What the thread title says

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kerr

So this opposition comes simply because you're angry that I said people should take precautions? What a joke this is. You're living in cloud cuckoo land.
You do realize that your confrontational way to speak can provoke people into that, right? Also the questions about your sexist posts are valid. You should clarify them. And just in case you start rambling about the other posts, I object to all sexism. But some are worse then others.

Kerr

Some people really need get off the internet. 20K posts really? Unless you're an admin there's just no excuse. Make a life for yourself for god's sakes. No wonder some people's viewpoints are not in line with reality, because all they've experienced is the virtual world.
About 10-11 posts a day for 5 years is too much to have a life outside of the Internet :p?

Last edited:

ignition

You do realize that your confrontational way to speak can provoke people into that, right? Also the questions about your sexist posts are valid. You should clarify them. And just in case you start rambling about the other posts, I object to all sexism. But some are worse then others.
They're just keyboard warriors without any backbone. They just don't like the idea of having to take precautions and always want to shift responsibility away from themselves like they've probably always been doing. They are the opposite of people like Margaret Thatcher. And yes, call it stereotyping, but it is mostly poor people that like to keep blaming others and evading responsibility rather than being pro-active and helping themselves. Note I said people who are like that are mostly the poor, I didn't say all poor people are like that. Big difference.

Last edited:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I don't think anything I've said is anything less than the facts. It is a fact that more rapes happen in the poorer areas where I live, in fact, the police released an interactive map a while ago of the whole of Britain showing where crimes have occurred and what type of crimes. Guess what? Assaults happen most in poorer areas that's a fact. And some people's stupid behaviour can and does sometimes lead to their unfortunate rape or worse, end.

Now at least we're getting somewhere. At least you're starting to explain yourself. Now, let's assume most rapes happen in poor areas and some women do things you consider stupid that lead to their rape or worse. For now, those things are a given. How does that translate into:

"the rest could have probably been avoided but if you start making suggestions like don't walk alone in the dark, trust people you don't know, dress appropriately etc. etc. you get the militant feminist internet keyboard warriors get all defensive and say "but it's the fault of the rapist why should I change my lifestyle, I can do whatever I want". To that I say: Fine. Forget self defence precautions. Do what you want. But I don't want to know nor do I care if something happens to you.

It's really stupid, poor working class women who don't really know anything. My mum has a very successful career of nearly 30 years and in all that time she was very respectable and knew what to do in all situations and didn't get in trouble, nothing happened to her. She didn't let the poor stupid people get to her. If you want to get somewhere in life sometimes you have to do things you don't want, even if that means not drinking alcohol late at night, always going with people and dressing properly and NOT talking to random strangers."

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Take your time. There is no rush.

Well I read what you said and you are exactly right is all I can say at this point .

When I read "what do you mean you and your sister were "sexually assaulted" I heard that in my head with a sneer.But I wasn't about to leave the implication there that I was making it up either.I was already a little shaky just remembering not just my circumstances but all the others that have confided in me.And the pictures in my head about what happened to my sister..and details of when my friend was raped like her shirt being ripped and her sobbing when she came into my house right after .She was in his car right in front of my house..

Anyway I'm rambling.I just don't think about those things every day.So I start trembling.Then I get extremely angry.And I can't think straight.

I didn't like it when he called Alceste a liar.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I don't think anything I've said is anything less than the facts. It is a fact that more rapes happen in the poorer areas where I live, in fact, the police released an interactive map a while ago of the whole of Britain showing where crimes have occurred and what type of crimes. Guess what? Assaults happen most in poorer areas that's a fact. And some people's stupid behaviour can and does sometimes lead to their unfortunate rape or worse, end.
Higher population density areas? Even animal studies show that aggression increases greatly in higher population density.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yes it is. Unless you're an admin.

I want to remind you ..you have an average of 18 posts a day.So what you would be confessing to is you haven't a life outside of internet world since June.

Kerr

They're just keyboard warriors without any backbone. They just don't like the idea of having to take precautions and always want to shift responsibility away from themselves like they've probably always been doing. They are the opposite of people like Margaret Thatcher. And yes, call it stereotyping, but it is mostly poor people that like to keep blaming others and evading responsibility rather than being pro-active and helping themselves. Note I said people who are like that are mostly the poor, I didn't say all poor people are like that. Big difference.
I think they dont like the idea of victim blaming. There is a fine line between saying people need to take precautions and saying its their fault if they dont. The first I agree with, the second one not so much. Also, in the case of rape precautions does too often not help, considering how many times the rapist is someone the victims knows as trust. It doesnt matter how prepared you are for getting raped on the street if you come home and suddenly your husband forces himself upon you.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It doesnt matter how prepared you are for getting raped on the street if you come home and suddenly your husband forces himself upon you.

Or if you are having sex with your husband or BF and want it to stop and they wont.

Kerr

Or if you are having sex with your husband or BF and want it to stop and they wont.
Of course... its their fault for not using genetic engineering and cybernetic implants to make themselves into unrapable killing machines. Yep, thats realistic :sarcastic.

EDIT:

Even if we could do that, I wouldnt blame rape victims :p.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Of course... its their fault for not using genetic engineering and cybernetic implants to make themselves into unrapable killing machines. Yep, thats realistic :sarcastic.

EDIT:

Even if we could do that, I wouldnt blame rape victims :p.

Yeah or I guess never have sex with your husband or BF because they might rape you in the end.That's your fault for giving initial consent.

Kerr

Yeah or I guess never have sex with your husband or BF because they might rape you in the end.That's your fault for giving initial consent.
Not going far enough. We need to weld every hole on a womans body shut! That way raping is impossible! And breathing... but at least they wont get raped!

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Well I read what you said and you are exactly right is all I can say at this point .

When I read "what do you mean you and your sister were "sexually assaulted" I heard that in my head with a sneer.But I wasn't about to leave the implication there that I was making it up either.I was already a little shaky just remembering not just my circumstances but all the others that have confided in me.And the pictures in my head about what happened to my sister..and details of when my friend was raped like her shirt being ripped and her sobbing when she came into my house right after .She was in his car right in front of my house..

Anyway I'm rambling.I just don't think about those things every day.So I start trembling.Then I get extremely angry.And I can't think straight.

I didn't like it when he called Alceste a liar.

Yeah. Wow, good job, ignition. *slow clap* You know what, I think I'm gonna put him on my ignore list. He has done nothing but troll this entire time, and politeness tends to elude me when dealing with trolls.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I feel like, since I just read this, I should post it here:

I was raped at 55. Here is how I responded. - Slate Magazine

In societies like ours that accept rape myths—acquaintance rape happens because of “mixed signals,” rapists can’t control sexual urges, women lie about being raped, women invite rape by their actions or their dress—men are more likely to commit rape because these beliefs make it seem almost acceptable.

See where she said "men are more likely to rape" because of having a certain set of beliefs? That is really what I was trying to suggest.I wouldn't say that means all men are potential rapist.But if you have been lied to and brain washed that she is responsible for being raped EVER, AND the belief that you cant control your self combined some men who aren't just deranged serial rapist who are "looking" to go rape someone ,might make a split second decision and rape someone.

They weren't born rapists.They only became a rapist after they raped someone.

I hope that makes sense.

Alceste

Vagabond
You have an average of 18 posts a day she has an average of 10.So who needs to get off the internet?

I want to remind you ..you have an average of 18 posts a day.So what you would be confessing to is you haven't a life outside of internet world since June.

Ooh, I love it when you math. :D :clap

See where she said "men are more likely to rape" because of having a certain set of beliefs? That is really what I was trying to suggest.I wouldn't say that means all men are potential rapist.But if you have been lied to and brain washed that she is responsible for being raped EVER, AND the belief that you cant control your self combined some men who aren't just deranged serial rapist who are "looking" to go rape someone ,might make a split second decision and rape someone.

They weren't born rapists.They only became a rapist after they raped someone.

I hope that makes sense.

Yeah, there are huge problems that stem from rape myth acceptance. People who believe rape myths are less likely to recognize when they have been assaulted, less likely to report the crime or seek help, and more likely to engage in self-destructive behavior. (That goes for men and women). Jurors who embrace rape myths are less likely to convict, since they want to see bruises and broken bones before they're willing to call it "rape", they get confused when the assailant is a partner, and they are convinced the victim's sexual history and fashion sense is relevant. Finally, people who embrace rape myths are actually more likely to rape, since rape myths allow them to defer their personal responsibility onto the victim, who they are convinced "deserves" it. They are less likely to acknowledge that "no means no" - always - and are very poor at identifying authentic sexually inviting behavior, since they tend to assume just about anything is sexually inviting.