• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanist leads prayer at city council meeting

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It was meant more as those are the consequences. Don't get too caught up on the wording.

Look, I'll step back.
Without making this about me, my point is more that I see feminism as a positive for society. Its not (just) about doing what's right, it's also what I believe pragmatically is most healthy for all of us, men included.

Weirdly, my feminism is based on my egalitarian principles. Those same principles drove my response on your comment. Nothing more.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not letting it slide. Just showing things like that or the draft aren't the results of women controlling men but the policies if men based on how men have done things. Doesn't make it right, but that's how it is.
You give women leaders & voters no responsibility
for men being drafted, or for anti-abortion policies, eh.

I say it's time for liberal women & feminists to stand up,
& recognize that women exercise great power with
consequences they blame solely on men. If you want
to wallow in group politics, take some responsibility
for your own.
Why are women more opposed to abortion? | Martin Robbins

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Yes it is.

Evil doesn't exist. Things happen that we don't like. Sift every atom in the universe and you won't find one to label evil. No, not at the boson level either. It's simply a concept (a useful one) in the brain.
That's your opinion. The vast majority of the human race believes otherwise.
And you can't explain why the human race has a propensity to destroy themselves, by relegating everything to evolution and chance.
Why do evil thoughts come into your mind? Ever randomly think about killing someone, for no real reason?
How do you explain that, minus an evil influence in the world?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You give women leaders & voters no responsibility
for men being drafted, or for anti-abortion policies, eh.

I say it's time for liberal women & feminists to stand up,
& recognize that women exercise great power with
consequences they blame solely on men. If you want
to wallow in group politics, take some responsibility
for your own.
Why are women more opposed to abortion? | Martin Robbins
It seems like your trying to say women are more responsible for policies that are decided upon centuries of misogyny. Like the draft. That one isn't women but men who, for centuries, have thought women are only good for making and taking care of babies (and relied heavily on the Bible to enforce it).

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
That's your opinion. The vast majority of the human race believes otherwise.
Argumentum ad populum
And you can't explain why the human race has a propensity to destroy themselves, by relegating everything to evolution and chance.
Yes you can. In-group: friend; out-group: enemy.

We evolved as a social species. Therefore we cooperate with those around us. We compete for resources with those with whom we are not cooperating. Done,

Why do evil thoughts come into your mind?
Evil thoughts never come into my mind (or yours). Thoughts happen that if acted on would cause others (and perhaps oneself) to call the results bad.

Why? Thought experiments. The feedback loop of the mind. We process the world around us. We grow philosophically, morally, and intellectually by testing ideas whether the thinker realizes it or not.

ETA: That is to say, "evil" thoughts come from you.

How do you explain that, minus an evil influence in the world?
Gee, how does one do anything unless someone is making you. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Both are correct. I really don't see any difference between the two either.

Listening, then assuming bad things happening to you is due to listening is superstition. Listening, acting on what you listened to, then observing bad things happening because of the actions is different; there's an observation of cause and effect.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Listening, then assuming bad things happening to you is due to listening is superstition. Listening, acting on what you listened to, then observing bad things happening because of the actions is different; there's an observation of cause and effect.
Both are the same if evil is real.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
That's not what I said. Evil doesn't exist. We interpret acts as bad or evil. Evil itself is just a concept. Learn to read.
If it's just a concept then it doesn't exist in reality.
So nothing is evil. That's what you just said.
Why would I feel guilty for doing anything if that is the case?
I can rape, kill and pillage as long as it makes me feel good, because evil doesn't exist.

PureX

Veteran Member
Satanist leads prayer at city council meeting

Another example of how silly and selfish we have become as a nation.

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
If it's just a concept then it doesn't exist in reality.
So nothing is evil. That's what you just said.
Why would I feel guilty for doing anything if that is the case?
I can rape, kill and pillage as long as it makes me feel good, because evil doesn't exist.
No you can't do those things because people don't like it. We declare those actions to be in the category of evil.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
No you can't do those things because people don't like it. We declare those actions to be in the category of evil.
Why should I care what people like? If everything's relative and good and evil are just random concepts, then all that matters is what I can take for myself.