• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanist leads prayer at city council meeting

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
First off, it's not like any sort of movie. It's an actual, real historic event and current event in many areas.
Second, it's condemning and criticizing something you are ignorant of. That, in my mind, just is not justifiable or anything good.
What it is, is Christians who think they are too good to learn and too intellectually lazy to even pretend to try. Christians building their own walls to separate and divide. Christians who act absolutely nothing like their Christ.
such a literalist. Expand your creativity of thought.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The one being oppressed isn't so pleased
just because the oppressor shares a gender.
But you also forget that women vote for
those leaders who impose abuse upon men.
And women losing abortion rights is another
problem that lays at the feet of women in power,
not just men.

Such is the problem of group politics that assigns
nobility, victimhood, & blame so thoughtlessly upon
entire groups. It ignores individual variation, & the
intersection of groups.
No, I'm just pointing out your examples are poor. Even in areas where men have it unfairly hard, like in custody hearings, well, that's what guys get for a long established culture that accepts men neglecting childcare responsibilities while shoving it off on the mother.
As for things like abortion, it's a valid concern when Michelle Bachman was asked elected to President would she or her husband run the country. That's because according to the Bible a woman's proper place is basically in servitude to her husband. She's to blame for sin entering the world, it's because of women we are cursed, and the Evangelicals tend to agree. It's why many still do not allow for female clergy.

Kenny

Premium Member
Looks to me like you're backed into a corner, know you've lost, but you happened to find a rock and aimed for a low blow.
And also that you haven't seen too many of my posts.
:) Feel free to enjoy your interpretation. :)
As are your corners.
But mine have the advantage of being a corner
in a different direction...one offering balance.

edited

(Thank you Revoltigest :) )

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The draft isn't balanced because it reflects the social view that women can't fight...
Consider a choice between being....
1) Forced to fight because women & other men see
one as suited because of gender, or....
2) Not coerced to fight because women & other men see
one as unsuited because of gender.

I pick #2. It's safer, more convenient, & less deadly.
Perhaps you're pained to be looked down upon, eh.
Sticks & stones are worse than words.
Could it be that you've embraced the bizarre feminist
view that women are always victims, & men are always
the perps? That lens ignores people as individuals.
And it tends to remove sympathy for the other, ie,
their travails are dismissed.

Kenny

Premium Member
I may have mistakenly assumed you were arguing for yourself in suggesting one need not view the video to make an informed argument.

But, you are advocating for this for another member who refused to watch, and then make assumptions that were incorrect that could have been cleared up in the video.
I don't think anyone made an incorrect assumption, rather that in honor to their faith they didn't want to see it.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Even in areas where men have it unfairly hard, like in custody hearings, well, that's what guys get for a long established culture that accepts men neglecting childcare responsibilities while shoving it off on the mother.

It is indeed. But if one believes in equal opportunity being beneficial to all, women should be as upset about this particular item as men.

Most of your posts were fine, but I don't think letting inequalities slide based on gender is justifiable.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It is indeed. But if one believes in equal opportunity being beneficial to all, women should be as upset about this particular item as men.

Most of your posts were fine, but I don't think letting inequalities slide based on gender is justifiable.
I'm not letting it slide. Just showing things like that or the draft aren't the results of women controlling men but the policies if men based on how men have done things. Doesn't make it right, but that's how it is.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not letting it slide. Just showing things like that or the draft aren't the results of women controlling men but the policies if men based on how men have done things. Doesn't make it right, but that's how it is.

'that's what they get' is pretty demonizing.
I don't just belong to a group called 'men' and that explains much about me, yet as a father of three the notion that 'thats what I get' is not one that is beneficial to society.

Equal opportunity benefits us all.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
'that's what they get' is pretty demonizing.
I don't just belong to a group called 'men' and that explains much about me, yet as a father of three the notion that 'thats what I get' is not one that is beneficial to society.

Equal opportunity benefits us all.
It was meant more as those are the consequences. Don't get too caught up on the wording.