• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sanctuary Cities.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Well then maybe they should go to the immigration office and get registered to be American Citizens. No one's stopping them. it's plain and simple, just go to immigration office and sign up to become American Citizens.

Oh I see they just want the easy way of doing things, that means they are to lazy to sign a paper .oh it's so hard to pick up a pencil and write.poor little dreamers.

You got to be kidding, they want Citizenship but don't want to do anything for it. Just set back and let others do all the paper work for them.

Are you can't be serious.
So you don't know what's required to qualify as a DACA recipient. Cool, now we know.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Well then maybe they should go to the immigration office and get registered to be American Citizens. No one's stopping them. it's plain and simple, just go to immigration office and sign up to become American Citizens.

Oh I see they just want the easy way of doing things, that means they are to lazy to sign a paper .oh it's so hard to pick up a pencil and write.poor little dreamers.

You got to be kidding, they want Citizenship but don't want to do anything for it. Just set back and let others do all the paper work for them.

Are you can't be serious.
I didn't do anything for my citizenship.

If they were guaranteed citizenship for signing a paper, I bet that the office would be taken by storm. It seems to me that you want to apply a specific narrative in order to fit with your point of view. I just wonder if it is your point of view with regard to the dreamers or if it is your point of view with regard to the democrats.

Faithofchristian

So you don't know what's required to qualify as a DACA recipient. Cool, now we know.

Why don't you take your complaints to Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi they didn't show up to meet with Trump at the White House on March 5th, that shows they didn't care about DACA.

But here you are complaining, when you should be complaining to Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi for not showing up to support the DACA Dreamers. On March 5th.
What's up with all that Go Figure

Curious George

Veteran Member
Why don't you take your complaints to Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi they didn't show up to meet with Trump at the White House on March 5th, that shows they didn't care about DACA.

But here you are complaining, when you should be complaining to Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi for not showing up to support the DACA Dreamers.
You really are intent on polarizing this issue. It shouldn't be this way. We all should expect elected politicians to act in accordance with what is best for our country.

This is really not a hard issue. It is disheartening that both Republicans and Democrats want to make an issue like this, which is separate and on which should be relatively easy to agree, part of a larger narrative that is full of contention.

This is not the end all discussion on immigration, the wall, the budget or anything else. This is not about Obama, it is not about Trump, it should not even be about the next upcoming elections.

Is everyone so far gone that we are beyond reason?

Faithofchristian

You really are intent on polarizing this issue. It shouldn't be this way. We all should expect elected politicians to act in accordance with what is best for our country.

This is really not a hard issue. It is disheartening that both Republicans and Democrats want to make an issue like this, which is separate and on which should be relatively easy to agree, part of a larger narrative that is full of contention.

This is not the end all discussion on immigration, the wall, the budget or anything else. This is not about Obama, it is not about Trump, it should not even be about the next upcoming elections.

Is everyone so far gone that we are beyond reason?

Well then take that up with Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi seeing how they didn't even bother to show up at the White House before March 5th. To work with Trump about DACA. Trump was waiting but no show from Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi. What's up with all that Go Figure

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

But here you are complaining, when you should be complaining to Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi for not showing up to support the DACA Dreamers. On March 5th.
What's up with all that Go Figure
Try responding to people's actual comments instead of deflecting. You might learn something.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Well then take that up with Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi seeing how they didn't even bother to show up at the White House before March 5th. To work with Trump about DACA. Trump was waiting but no show from Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi. What's up with all that Go Figure
And you really don't remember why they didn't show up? Maybe check it out.

Ponder This

Sanctuary Cities - Wikipedia
https://en.m. Wikipedia.org/wk/sanctuary_city

"The movement that established Sanctuary cities in the United States, by the DNC began in the early 1980s.

The movement traces it's roots to religious philosophy, as well as in histories of resistance movement to State injustices"

"Berkeley, Near San Francisco, is reportedly the original Sanctuary City.
It passed a resolution in
November 7th 1971, that protected sailors who wanted to resist the Vietnam war"

But when was the first Sanctuary cities established, to be a place of Refuge?

The movement traces it's roots to religious philosophy.

In the Bible in the book of
Numbers Chapter 35, We find Sanctuary cities a place of Refuge, to date back to
3 to 4 thousand years ago. To the time of Moses in the book of
Numbers Chapter 35.

Verses 9 -- 12,
"And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When you be come over Jordan into the land of Canaan; Then you shall appoint you cities, to be cities of refuge for you: that the Slayer may flee there, which killeth any person at accidentally, And they be unto you cities for refuge from the avengers; Until he stand before the congregation in judgment"

Where as to day the DNC has turned the sanctuary Cities into a Safe Haven for Criminals, that come here with criminal backgrounds. This is not what the Sanctuary cities were intended for. The Sanctuary city, were for those who evaded the draft back in 1971, until they were brought to the Federal Court. For their evasion of the draft. But as it was, by the time they were to go the Federal Court, the war was over. And set free.

It seems to me that the Bible verse in question intends that those granted sanctuary "stand before the congregation in judgment". If the Sanctuary Cities are modeled after the Bible verse, then where are the trials? Where are the judgments?

I see no valid reason to deport a person that has only ever known or can only remember the United States as home to some foreign country by virtue of an act over which they had no control.

It seems to me that many non-citizens are allowed to be in the United States... legally. These include:
1. Tourists
2. Guest Workers
3. Legal permanent Residents
4. Student Visa Residents

But what are illegal immigrants?
They are none of the above. They are undocumented and refuse to become documented.
Why?
Are you really saying that it not in their control to seek to become legal residents?

If your answer is: because they would not be granted legal residence,
then why do you think that is?
because if there is a good reason to not allow them to reside in the country..., then maybe they shouldn't be granted sanctuary.

Faithofchristian

It seems to me that the Bible verse in question intends that those granted sanctuary "stand before the congregation in judgment". If the Sanctuary Cities are modeled after the Bible verse, then where are the trials? Where are the judgments?

It seems to me that many non-citizens are allowed to be in the United States... legally. These include:
1. Tourists
2. Guest Workers

They are none of the above. They are undocumented and refuse to become documented.
Why?
Are you really saying that it not in their control to seek to become legal residents?

because if there is a good reason to not allow them to reside in the country..., then maybe they shouldn't be granted sanctuary.

Those in the Bible in the book of
Numbers Chapter 35,

When a person is killed innocently by another person, then that person can go to a sanctuary City and Waite there, until their trial comes up, then they are take to judgment to prove that they are innocent of taking a life, that was absolutely by accidental and not intentionally.

This was to be the purpose of the sanctuary City, when the democrats first establish sanctuary City. back in the early 70s.

But to day the democrats have twisted them into harboring criminals. All for their Illegal votes.

Last edited:

Aldrnari

Those in the Bible in the book of
Numbers Chapter 35,

When a person is killed innocently by another person, then that person can go to a sanctuary City and Waite there, until their trial comes up, then they are take to judgment to prove that they are innocent of taking a life, that was absolutely by accidental and not intentionally.

This was to be the purpose of the sanctuary City, when the democrats first establish sanctuary City. back in the early 70s.

But to day the democrats have twisted them into harboring criminals. All for their Illegal votes.

Dear lord.... Just how many "criminals" are they harboring, if you had to take a guess?

Faithofchristian

Dear lord.... Just how many "criminals" are they harboring, if you had to take a guess?

Well there's enough to make California to look like a third world country.

And not like any other State,. Maybe you should take a look for yourself, and then ask yourself what Country is that.

Yeah, you wouldn't believe your even in the United States. More like being in a third world country.

Prestor John

I think the dreamers are American people.
Nope. They are not.
We should give them citizenship.
If the wealth of a family is proven to be stolen, the children of that family should just be allowed to keep everything?
If democrats fail the dreamers and Republicans help the dreamers, then it will be the Republicans who did the right thing.
The parents of the dreamers are the ones who failed them.

Either party would be failing the American people and the rule of Law if they grant citizenship to these people.

Prestor John

And not like any other State,. Maybe you should take a look for yourself, and then ask yourself what Country is that.

Yeah, you wouldn't believe your even in the United States. More like being in a third world country.
I live in San Diego and can attest to the truthfulness of this claim.

Aldrnari

I have family there. I visit often. Your experience doesn't seem to match mine.

Then again, many west coast cities are pretty diverse (and I do live close to Seattle), so seeing that diversity doesn't really bother me.

So, in what ways are all the illegal immigrant criminals harbored in California making it look like a third world country?

Curious George

Veteran Member

1. Tourists
2. Guest Workers

Why?

What is the good reason?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Nope. They are not.
What we have here is an equivocation. You want to define American as either having been born in America, or having gone through the citizenship process. That is you want to say that only a Citizen is an American. Why ought only a Citizen be an American? Why ought someone who is born here be considered a citizen?
If the wealth of a family is proven to be stolen, the children of that family should just be allowed to keep everything?
Are we discussing wealth?
The parents of the dreamers are the ones who failed them.
Ok. That still is not a good reason to deport them.
Either party would be failing the American people and the rule of Law if they grant citizenship to these people.
How would they be failing the American people?