• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sanctuary Cities.

Faithofchristian

What is your definition of an American Dreamer?

The American dreamers are those who's parents and grandparents and great grandparents that were born here, having a dream of their future children of having a better life than they did. That's the American Dreamers. Pass down from generation to generation.

suncowiam

The American dreamers are those who are in Junior High School and then going to High School and then going to collage to fulfil their dreams of having good life.

You're comparing regular students with dreamers?

Are these same students being forced to leave their place of residency because of their parents mistakes or crimes?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
When there is an immoral government tearing families apart and putting young children in different prisons from mothers to rot for who knows how long as cases work through the court system, it is the duty of those who believe in "truth, justice and the American way" to oppose those evil deeds with all the power they possess. Evil has to be opposed and vanquished.

I'm not Catholic or even Christian, but I stand with Pope Francis when it comes to treating the dispossessed. I stand with the American ideal expressed in the New Colossus poem
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

I am my brother's keeper.

Unfortunately many in what have become right wing countries (america and britain come to mind) simply don't consider the compassionate way.

You have no need to be Catholic or even Christian to care for the tired and poor. Compassion is not a religious trait, it's a human one.

Faithofchristian

The ability of USA Christians to dump on the poor and weak and sick is astounding to me.

Or at least it would be, if it didn't have such deep historic roots.
Tom

Nope, just the contrary, if people want to come here legal and not break the laws, then they are welcome, but when you got people breaking the law to get here and not follow the law, What makes you think they are going to follow any of the other laws ?

We're not the dumping place for other countries to dump their criminals here.

You know the sign does read, Send us you're needy and poor, the sign does not say, Send us your Criminals of Corruption.

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
Where do you think he ran to. He ran right to the Sanctuary cities in California where he found protection, and that's right where Kate got shot at.and because Sanctuary City protection clause, he got off.Thats what's got to change. But the Governor of California is fighting against it.
All because democrats would lose votes.

Why do you suppose democrats fight against voter ID, because they would lose their illegal immigrant votes. That's why.
Dude illegals can’t vote lol.

You still have yet to show that sanctuary cities protect violent criminals, that’s a lie spread by false media just like the illegal voters lie. I wish you were joking lol.

Faithofchristian

Dude illegals can’t vote lol.

You still have yet to show that sanctuary cities protect violent criminals, that’s a lie spread by false media just like the illegal voters lie. I wish you were joking lol.

You know they found illegals we're voting .during the elections, the only reason you didn't know this, you listen to the fake news of CNN.

So what about the guy who shot Kate Stein in the Sanctuary City in California, and nothing was done to him because he was in a sanctuary City. Go Figure

idav

Being
Premium Member
You know they found illegals we're voting .during the elections, the only reason you didn't know this, you listen to the fake news of CNN.

So what about the guy who shot Kate Stein in the Sanctuary City in California, and nothing was done to him because he was in a sanctuary City. Go Figure
Trump wishes.

Go figure you’d blame a sanctuary city instead of the nine times he managed to get passed border patrol.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Those people who broke the law, when they came here illegally. So if they or their family suffer, then they should haved thought more about the consequences, before they broke the law to get here.

It's evidence they did know what would happen if they got caught, otherwise they wouldn't be hidding out from the immigration authorities.Now would they ?
So they brought suffering on themselves and their families themselves.
By not doing it legal.

There are people who are waiting in line to get their Citizenship. Do you think it's fair to them, their complaining to that it's not fair, for them to have to Waite in line for weeks.
Do you think its fair to them, to Waite weeks and have someone cut in line in front of them

Let's see how I feel about it.

Interestingly, I was an illegal immigrant. Brought my kids to another country trying to settle their circumventing the countries laws. Getting caught deported is a risk you take trying to make a better life for your family.

I wasn't caught but if I had been caught I'd assume that country would have every right to deport me.

While many seem to expect governments to support anyone within their borders, I do not expect this. It'd be nice though, to be able to move to wherever one felt there was a better opportunity for your family. Most governments do not allow this for the individuals benefit, They seek immigrants which will benefit the country.

So I don't blame them for seeking opportunities for their family but in doing so, circumventing a nation's laws, they accept the risk that comes with doing so.

Faithofchristian

Trump wishes.

Go figure you’d blame a sanctuary city instead of the nine times he managed to get passed border patrol.

Nope, the border patrol does the arresting then the border patrol are told to release them, thats why its called capture and release,
Have you any idea how many miles the border stretches across from Texas to California. And you have a border patrol officer covering 10 miles, that means after the border patrol officer makes their pass, there's a enough time,before the border patrol officer comes back to patrol again. That gives the illegal immigrants time to cross over the border. That's the reason for a wall. Where the border patrol officers can not be in two places at the same time, the wall will stop the illegal immigrants from crossing over the border.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Nope, the border patrol does the arresting then the border patrol are told to release them, thats why its called capture and release,
Have you any idea how many miles the border stretches across from Texas to California. And you have a border patrol officer covering 10 miles, that means after the border patrol officer makes their pass, there's a enough time,before the border patrol officer comes back to patrol again. That gives the illegal immigrants time to cross over the border. That's the reason for a wall. Where the border patrol officers can not be in two places at the same time, the wall will stop the illegal immigrants from crossing over the border.
Yes I know all about the Mexican border I am very close to it. Thing is deportation is not a catch and release scenario. I have heard the wall idea for a long time, it’s a cute idea but has many flaws.

Faithofchristian

Yes I know all about the Mexican border I am very close to it. Thing is deportation is not a catch and release scenario. I have heard the wall idea for a long time, it’s a cute idea but has many flaws.

Yeah me to, I have family who lives 3 miles from the Mexican border,

Scott C.

Just one guy
Where as to day the DNC has turned the sanctuary Cities into a Safe Haven for Criminals, that come here with criminal backgrounds. This is not what the Sanctuary cities were intended for. The Sanctuary city, were for those who evaded the draft back in 1971, until they were brought to the Federal Court. For their evasion of the draft. But as it was, by the time they were to go the Federal Court, the war was over. And set free.

Some laws should be at the state level, but clearly immigration law must be made at the federal level. We can't have a nation with 50 sets of immigration laws. We would have to issue visas by state and have state immigration officers at every state border. That would be ridiculous. The Feds should set and enforce immigration law. States or cities should not be allowed to set their own immigration policy that allows people to live in their area, but who are not allowed to be in the U.S. by federal law. Local governments should not be allowed to impede the federal government in the execution of federal law. I believe that's a serious offense against the U.S. government and should be treated that way.

Suppose I had a personal friend or family member living in the U.S. illegally and I knew the Feds were trying to deport them. Suppose I felt they should be allowed to stay and I felt great compassion for them and suppose I felt the Federal law was very unfair. Suppose also I had the chance to give them some cover in my home. Would I do it? I very well might do it. But I would not suggest that I had legal authority to do it. I fully expect that if I were caught, I would have to face the consequences. I have no right to set federal law or overrule federal law with some rules in my own home. If I choose to break the law, because I feel a higher purpose is in play, I would do it at my own risk. Local governments have no legal basis to establish themselves as a zone free from federal immigration law.

roger1440

I do stuff
When there is an immoral government tearing families apart and putting young children in different prisons from mothers to rot for who knows how long as cases work through the court system, it is the duty of those who believe in "truth, justice and the American way" to oppose those evil deeds with all the power they possess. Evil has to be opposed and vanquished.

I'm not Catholic or even Christian, but I stand with Pope Francis when it comes to treating the dispossessed. I stand with the American ideal expressed in the New Colossus poem
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

I am my brother's keeper.
And where is that poem found?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member