• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salvation in the scriptures, the born again movement

kjw47

Dear 47,
Yeshua told his disciples to preach to "repent; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". That, and to heal the sick, raise the dead, cast out demons etc. He taught them the parables about the "kingdom of heaven" and they witnessed those parables in writing. Yeshua was the "Way" and the "light". The "Way" to walk and the "light" to opening up the Scriptures. Paul is the "broad" "way" to "destruction" (Mt 7:13), and has come up with his own gospel of grace to mark his broad way. And Paul was not in harmony with Yeshua, for he basically nailed the testimony of Yeshua to the cross, and his followers have attached themselves to the concept that "He has made the first obsolete" (Hebrews 8:13).

Jesus personally commishioned Paul--His teachings are in harmony. The ones twisting what is said are not in harmony= 99% of all religions claiming to be Christian. They do not teach what Jesus taught--thus one cannot obey Jesus and they remain in Gods wrath.

2ndpillar

Jesus personally commishioned Paul--His teachings are in harmony. The ones twisting what is said are not in harmony= 99% of all religions claiming to be Christian. They do not teach what Jesus taught--thus one cannot obey Jesus and they remain in Gods wrath.

Dear 47,
Paul's supposed meeting with "Jesus" in the wilderness, is one that cannot be verified, and therefore, that unwitnessed meeting, testified to by Paul, according to John 5:31, is "not true". Yeshua also noted that if any one says that "He is in the wilderness"... "do not believe them". I am thinking you are heeding the message of Paul, and not the message of Yeshua (Mt 7:23-27), which ends in the "fall" of one's house.

kjw47

Dear 47,
Paul's supposed meeting with "Jesus" in the wilderness, is one that cannot be verified, and therefore, that unwitnessed meeting, testified to by Paul, according to John 5:31, is "not true". Yeshua also noted that if any one says that "He is in the wilderness"... "do not believe them". I am thinking you are heeding the message of Paul, and not the message of Yeshua (Mt 7:23-27), which ends in the "fall" of one's house.

You actually think that God allowed all the books Paul wrote into his bible if they were not truths? Twisting what is actually taught is the downfall of most religions claiming to be Christian.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
You actually think that God allowed all the books Paul wrote into his bible if they were not truths? Twisting what is actually taught is the downfall of most religions claiming to be Christian.
Just out of curiosity, when speak of God "allowing" something to happen, what exactly do you mean? If God had not allowed something inaccurate to end up in the Bible, how exactly would He have prevented it from happening? Please understand that I am not arguing that Paul's words shouldn't have been included in the Bible. I'm just asking a hypothetical question since you seem not to have considered that possibility.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Dear 47,
The "fall" of "Christiandom", a "daughter of Babylon" (Zechariah 2:7) is inevitable. (Mt 7:23-27) It would be timed with the "crushing" of the beast of "Daniel 2:35", upon whom "Babylon the Great" sets. (Rev 17:3) And Yeshua testified that the tare seeds would be planted among the good seed, which is the "word of the kingdom" (Mt 13:19). Now that we are at the "end of the age", the angels free to gather up the tares (Mt 13:30 & 39). You fail to recognize the "ruler of the world" has nothing in me. John 14:30

kjw47

Just out of curiosity, when speak of God "allowing" something to happen, what exactly do you mean? If God had not allowed something inaccurate to end up in the Bible, how exactly would He have prevented it from happening? Please understand that I am not arguing that Paul's words shouldn't have been included in the Bible. I'm just asking a hypothetical question since you seem not to have considered that possibility.

Many errors got into trinity translations--that is why it has turned into a mass of confusion called--a house divided that will not stand= 33,000 trinity based religions--every one of them failing 100% this true mark-1Cor 1:10--unity of thought( all matters) no division.
Paul is in harmony with Jesus.

kjw47

Dear 47,
The "fall" of "Christiandom", a "daughter of Babylon" (Zechariah 2:7) is inevitable. (Mt 7:23-27) It would be timed with the "crushing" of the beast of "Daniel 2:35", upon whom "Babylon the Great" sets. (Rev 17:3) And Yeshua testified that the tare seeds would be planted among the good seed, which is the "word of the kingdom" (Mt 13:19). Now that we are at the "end of the age", the angels free to gather up the tares (Mt 13:30 & 39). You fail to recognize the "ruler of the world" has nothing in me. John 14:30

The fall of Christianity began at the councils of cartholicism or a little before--(2Thess 2:3)The son of peredition( the great apostasy) rose out of those councils. Carried over into every trinity religion on the earth. The trinity was created at those councils, carried over into translating.
Satan has always had--99% mislead, all throughout the bible( the only possible exception = when the Israelites stood strong--yet they fell over and over.

2ndpillar

The fall of Christianity began at the councils of cartholicism or a little before--(2Thess 2:3)The son of peredition( the great apostasy) rose out of those councils. Carried over into every trinity religion on the earth. The trinity was created at those councils, carried over into translating.
Satan has always had--99% mislead, all throughout the bible( the only possible exception = when the Israelites stood strong--yet they fell over and over.

Dear 47,
The convener of the Council of Nicaea was Constantine. You keep his decree in keeping the day of the sun, which he made in 321 AD. The day of the sun, worships Constantine's sun god, Sol Invictus, who was the equivalent of Apollo, who was the son of Zeus. The "falling away", scattering of the sheep, started when "My shepherd" was struck down (Zech 13:7 & Mt 26:31).

Constantine's law of…321 [C.E] uniting Christians and pagans in the observance of the "venerable day of the sun" It is to be noted that this official solar worship, the final form of paganism in the empire…, was not the traditional Roman-Greek religion of Jupiter, Apollo, Venus, and the other Olympian deities. It was a product of the mingling Hellenistic-Oriental elements, exemplified in Aurelian's establishment of Eastern Sun worship at Rome as the official religion of the empire, and in his new temple enshrining Syrian statutes statues of Bel and the sun…. Thus at last Bel, the god of Babylon, came into the official imperial temple of Rome, the center of the imperial religion. It was this late Roman-Oriental worship of one supreme god, symbolized by the sun and absorbing lesser divinities as subordinates or manifestations of the universal deity, that competed with young Christianity. This was the Roman religion that went down in defeat but infiltrated and colored the victorious church with its own elements, some of which can be seen to this day. (Cramer 4)

On March 7, 321, Sunday was declared the official day of rest, on which markets were banned and public offices were closed,
[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_Great_and_Christianity

kjw47

Dear 47,
The convener of the Council of Nicaea was Constantine. You keep his decree in keeping the day of the sun, which he made in 321 AD. The day of the sun, worships Constantine's sun god, Sol Invictus, who was the equivalent of Apollo, who was the son of Zeus. The "falling away", scattering of the sheep, started when "My shepherd" was struck down (Zech 13:7 & Mt 26:31).

Constantine's law of…321 [C.E] uniting Christians and pagans in the observance of the "venerable day of the sun" It is to be noted that this official solar worship, the final form of paganism in the empire…, was not the traditional Roman-Greek religion of Jupiter, Apollo, Venus, and the other Olympian deities. It was a product of the mingling Hellenistic-Oriental elements, exemplified in Aurelian's establishment of Eastern Sun worship at Rome as the official religion of the empire, and in his new temple enshrining Syrian statutes statues of Bel and the sun…. Thus at last Bel, the god of Babylon, came into the official imperial temple of Rome, the center of the imperial religion. It was this late Roman-Oriental worship of one supreme god, symbolized by the sun and absorbing lesser divinities as subordinates or manifestations of the universal deity, that competed with young Christianity. This was the Roman religion that went down in defeat but infiltrated and colored the victorious church with its own elements, some of which can be seen to this day. (Cramer 4)

On March 7, 321, Sunday was declared the official day of rest, on which markets were banned and public offices were closed,
[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_Great_and_Christianity

I am a JW. I do not celebrate the worlds holidays.
Yes Constantine was a pagan false god worshipping king.

2ndpillar

I am a JW. I do not celebrate the worlds holidays.
Yes Constantine was a pagan false god worshipping king.

Dear 47,
But you do keep his "day of the sun" holy day, which is Sunday, which was initiated for Constantine's sun god, Sol Invictus.

2ndpillar

Oh, what do I keep it as???

Dear 47,
That is the day you go to church and supposedly rest from your work, such as not buy or sell, or get your license renewed, as decreed by Constantine, in that he closed down shops and government offices. Or do you actually keep the Commandments, and rest on the 7th day of the week? Just asking.

kjw47

Dear 47,
That is the day you go to church and supposedly rest from your work, such as not buy or sell, or get your license renewed, as decreed by Constantine, in that he closed down shops and government offices. Or do you actually keep the Commandments, and rest on the 7th day of the week? Just asking.

That was the Mosaic law--We are not under that. Jesus brought a new covenant to us--LOVE.
The Pharisees complained that the apostles were doing things on the Sabbath that the Israelite religion said was not to be done. But under--LOVE--it has changed--any day of the week--Love shown and shared is the way.

lostwanderingsoul

But why would God say to remember the seventh day ( when He rested from creating the universe ) and a pagan emperor say keep the first day of the week so you decide to follow the pagan idea? Are you saying you do not always agree with everything God says?

2ndpillar

That was the Mosaic law--We are not under that. Jesus brought a new covenant to us--LOVE.
The Pharisees complained that the apostles were doing things on the Sabbath that the Israelite religion said was not to be done. But under--LOVE--it has changed--any day of the week--Love shown and shared is the way.

Dear 47,
The everlasting Covenant, was the 10 Commandments. Everlasting does not have an end. The New Covenant, per Jeremiah 31:31 was given to the house of Judah and the house of Israel, and it consist of "My law within them"; and on their heart I will write it". (Jer 31:33) You have been scammed, by a short, fat, bald, Pharisee, with a Napoleonic complex.

lostwanderingsoul

And you know what? People do not have a problem with nine of the ten commandments. It is just that tricky one about keeping the seventh day that they like to find excuses not to keep.

kjw47

Dear 47,
The everlasting Covenant, was the 10 Commandments. Everlasting does not have an end. The New Covenant, per Jeremiah 31:31 was given to the house of Judah and the house of Israel, and it consist of "My law within them"; and on their heart I will write it". (Jer 31:33) You have been scammed, by a short, fat, bald, Pharisee, with a Napoleonic complex.

No I haven't-- my teachers have proved correct.