• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salvation in the scriptures, the born again movement

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No one has given a quote from the Bible that says we do not need to remember the seventh day or that we can pick some other day instead.
The law was a shadow of the things to come. Hebrews 10:1

God rested and God called the day God rested, "the seventh day". God does rest only on the seventh day of the week, but God is resting since the finish of the sixth day.

That means that the resting day is every day for the people who obey God's command to rest on the seventh day.

So the resting can't mean do no work because that would mean the person believing in obeying God wouldn't work and that wouldn't be right.

So, what does it mean to "rest"? I think it means to be resting from your own works and let The Holy Spirit move you to accomplish God's will be done by you.

omega2xx

So what does "worship should be 24/7/364" mean if it doesn't mean "all day?" :rolleyes:

Every day should include reading the Bible and praying, which includes thanking God for what He has done for us.

That's good to know. I wouldn't want you to be wasting your time.

No honest, civil discussion is a waste of time. IMO what the Mormons have going form them is a moral theology. The young men you send around evangelizing makes a good impression for your religion. They are clean cut, and polite. And I told that to the 2 who use to come by my house for a while

Great! We found something we can agree on.

If we really worked at it, we would probably find many areas of agreement.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Every day should include reading the Bible and praying, which includes thanking God for what He has done for us.
I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just saying that there's a difference between "every day" and "24/7".

No honest, civil discussion is a waste of time. IMO what the Mormons have going form them is a moral theology. The young men you send around evangelizing makes a good impression for your religion. They are clean cut, and polite. And I told that to the 2 who use to come by my house for a while.
I guess there seems to be some disagreement as to what constitutes "honesty." I can remember hearing something in Church once that really made an impact on me. The speaker said that, regardless of the specific words you may say, if your intent is to mislead, you are being dishonest. I totally agree with that statement.

If we really worked at it, we would probably find many areas of agreement.
I would always prefer to find common ground than to find things to argue about.

omega2xx

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just saying that there's a difference between "every day" and "24/7".

Now that you made me think about it, I think you are right.

I guess there seems to be some disagreement as to what constitutes "honesty." I can remember hearing something in Church once that really made an impact on me. The speaker said that, regardless of the specific words you may say, if your intent is to mislead, you are being dishonest. I totally agree with that statement.

If you think I am trying to mislead anyone you better have some backup or guess who is being dishonest.

I would always prefer to find common ground than to find things to argue about.

I prefer discussion, instead of arguing. If we only have common ground, we would never be challenged to look at what others are saying. Anyone who thinks they have perfecft theology, is a fool.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
If you think I am trying to mislead anyone you better have some backup or guess who is being dishonest.
I think it is misleading for anyone to try to suggest that Mormonism teaches things it doesn't really teach. If I have been LDS for 68 years and, as a general rule, attend LDS worship services three hours each Sunday, and have never heard something taught, I think it's safe to say that that supposed "doctrine" is not taught in Mormonism.

I prefer discussion, instead of arguing.
If you say so. Somehow it doesn't quite come across that way.

Anyone who thinks they have perfect theology, is a fool.
And once again, I agree with you.

Ben Avraham

No one has given a quote from the Bible that says we do not need to remember the seventh day or that we can pick some other day instead.

Read Roans 14. Verses 4 or 6, I am not quite sure. I don't have my NT here now, but Paul says something like "You can keep any day or no day at all because, either way you are doing for the Lord." Now, you don't have to believe in him because, I don't.

omega2xx

I think it is misleading for anyone to try to suggest that Mormonism teaches things it doesn't really teach. If I have been LDS for 68 years and, as a general rule, attend LDS worship services three hours each Sunday, and have never heard something taught, I think it's safe to say that that supposed "doctrine" is not taught in Mormonism.

Be specific. What have i said that is not LDS teachings?

If you say so. Somehow it doesn't quite come across that way.

It is not what I say, it is quotes from some of your "prophets." I have also quoted from the BOM and from the Bible, showing contradictions.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Be specific. What have i said that is not LDS teachings?
Well the two most recent things are that God is not omnipresent and that Joseph Smith aided Jesus in the Creation.

It is not what I say, it is quotes from some of your "prophets."
Well, so far you haven't quoted anybody. You've taken quotes out of context and have paraphrased them. But that's beside the point. You and Sonny have both been told repeatedly that the fact that some LDS leader has said something does not make it an LDS teaching. You continue to ignore that fact. And it is a fact.

I have also quoted from the BOM and from the Bible, showing contradictions.
No, you have shown what you believe to be contradictions and I have explained why they are not. We're right back where we started, because either I or some other Mormon has corrected every inaccurate or misleading statement you have made. And yet you persist. It's like a broken record.

omega2xx

t is all I have done.
Well the two most recent things are that God is not omnipresent and that Joseph Smith aided Jesus in the Creation.

]Well, so far you haven't quoted anybody.

So far that is all I have done.

You've taken quotes out of context and have paraphrased them.

No I haven't

But that's beside the point. You and Sonny have both been told repeatedly that the fact that some LDS leader has said something does not make it an LDS teaching. You continue to ignore that fact. And it is a fact.

Talmager and dMcConkie as far as I can tell are 2 of your most respected prophets. Can you iignor what is in the DC & the MD/

No, you have shown what you believe to be contradictions and I have explained why they are not. We're right back where we started, because either I or some other Mormon has corrected every inaccurate or misleading statement you have made. And yet you persist. It's like a broken record.

You have not address anything I have posted. All you do is say I have taken it out of context.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Omega, you're going to have to fix your formatting again before I'll respond to your post.

2ndpillar

You must be a Seventh-day Adventist. Nobody's looking "for any possible reason not to do what God wants them to do." That's an awfully narrow-minded way to look at differences in interpreting the God's word. Do you seriously believe that all of the rest of us are just trying to be disobedient? Jeesh!

Dear kat,
I think lost is not your everyday Mormon, as noted under his user name. I don't think anyone "seriously believe that all of the rest of us are just trying to be disobedient", it just appears that way in their actions. Revelation 13:14 explains it best.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Dear kat,
I think lost is not your everyday Mormon, as noted under his user name. I don't think anyone "seriously believe that all of the rest of us are just trying to be disobedient", it just appears that way in their actions. Revelation 13:14 explains it best.
I think you got the posters and their religions mixed up, 2ndpillar!

Muffled

Jesus in me
I have studied religion, bible, Jesus for over 50 years--There is 0 doubt Jesus is with any but the JW teachers.
Try learning what he taught--like this ultra important teaching every true followers heart instructs their mind to do daily

Matthew 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you( sustenance, covering, spirituality_Matt 6)

Unfortunately for mortals on earth--this is mosts reality--2Timothy 3-- they seek--pleasure and money--FIRST.

I believe the evidence is to the contrary so it appears that you have been ever learning without coming to the truth as Paul says. 2Ti 3:7 ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus did not rise from the dead. He was a Jew and Jews don't believe in his Hellenistic doctrine. (II Samuel 12:23; Psalm 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc.)
I believe I knew a Jew who was Wiccan. Jews are able to believe all kinds of things that are not true.

I believe the evidence is to the contrary.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Do you agree people should not kill other people and should not steal and should not commit adultry? In other words you do not have a problem with nine commandments? So why is one of the ten any different?
I believe I keep the sabbath on Sunday. I believe if one observes Saturday as the sabbath one is not honoring the commandment but is honoring a man made belief.

lostwanderingsoul

No, honoring Sunday is a man made belief. God said He worked six days and rested on the seventh. Man said it does not matter what day you remember. How someone can twist this around the other way shows how desperate people are to ignore the clear word of God and honor something of their own making. Most churches freely admit they honor the first day of the week but God did not rest on the first, He rested on the seventh. Twist it any way you want but you are ignoring God in favor of some man made idea.

kjw47

I believe I knew a Jew who was Wiccan. Jews are able to believe all kinds of things that are not true.

I believe the evidence is to the contrary.

The Jews are cut off-Matt 23:37-39, until they do verse 39--they outright refuse for over 1900 years.