• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salvation in the scriptures, the born again movement

Ben Avraham

Those faithful to their respective covenants with God are saved. But I think that there are differences as to religious concept of sin and real guilt before God.

Sin is the transgression of the Law. By transgressing the Law, one becomes guilty before the Lord. There is a way though to set things right with HaShem so that our sins, from scarlet red, become as white as snow. All we need is to repent and return to the obedience of His Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19) We don't have to worry because HaShem is all mercy.

pearl

Sin is the transgression of the Law. By transgressing the Law, one becomes guilty before the Lord.

It is who one becomes that is judged. I don't believe the God who is love, so much so he desired to become one with us, is some master accountant keeping checks and balances. We all sin, we all make mistakes. We are judged on the totality of our lives, who we have become. If a sin does not contradict who we are, then we have become guilty before God, real guilt. If, however, our sin contradicts who we are, it has been a moment of weakness, and is not who we are, and there is no guilt before God.

Ben Avraham

It is who one becomes that is judged. I don't believe the God who is love, so much so he desired to become one with us, is some master accountant keeping checks and balances. We all sin, we all make mistakes. We are judged on the totality of our lives, who we have become. If a sin does not contradict who we are, then we have become guilty before God, real guilt. If, however, our sin contradicts who we are, it has been a moment of weakness, and is not who we are, and there is no guilt before God.

But what one becomes starts with the first sin. If one becomes used to a certain kind of sinful life, he himself has determined his judgment according to the Law he has fallen into the use to break. Indeed, he has become guilty before the Lord but, as I have said before, the Lord in His mercy has provided us with the solution. All we need to set things right with HaShem so that our sins, from scarlet red becomes as white as snow, is to repent and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19) Didn't Jesus say that by listening to "Moses" aka the Law we achieve salvation? (Luke 16:29-31)

pearl

Didn't Jesus say that by listening to "Moses" aka the Law we achieve salvation? (Luke 16:29-31)

Sin is not always an action, sometimes the greater sin is one of non action, sins of omission. Too much concentration on the don'ts, not enough on the do's.

Jesus gave us the two greatest commandments, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' "All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Ben Avraham

Sin is not always an action, sometimes the greater sin is one of non action, sins of omission. Too much concentration on the don'ts, not enough on the do's.

Jesus gave us the two greatest commandments, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' "All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Two things about love. The first is that love does not respond to laws. Therefore, one cannot be commanded to love. The second thing is about loving your neighbor as you love yourself. That's entirely impossible. To be commanded to love another as one loves him or herself, is an embellishment that goes against all laws of Logic.

kjw47

Any who practice a sin is not covered by Jesus sacrifice-Heb 10:26

pearl

Two things about love. The first is that love does not respond to laws. Therefore, one cannot be commanded to love. The second thing is about loving your neighbor as you love yourself. That's entirely impossible. To be commanded to love another as one loves him or herself, is an embellishment that goes against all laws of Logic.

You need to see yourself as God does.

pearl

Any who practice a sin is not covered by Jesus sacrifice-Heb 10:26

To 'practice' sin suggests it has become a routine, and does not contradict who you have become and it has alienated you from God.

He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’ And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’ Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.’ Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’ He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’ And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

omega2xx

Rom 10:9-10-- is talking about the real Jesus. There are different Jesus' being taught in this world.

One must endure until their end( death or Har-mageddon) to get saved( Matt 10:22)--no living being has done either.

I attended Baptist church years ago-- while I was yet a drunkard, drug addict, fornicating thief the preacher said if you say 3 lines of prayer, you are born again( saved) = pure lie
Ephesians 4:22-24 is clear on how one is really born again--they strip off the old personality( worker of iniquity) and put on the new personality( righteousness) -- that is washing ones robe white.
Mr Osteen tells thousands of workers of iniquity at a time that lie--and they go through life believing they are saved and its not truth.

If you say the prayer with sincerity of heart, you will be saved. If you are just paying religious lip service to it, you are not.

A better indication of being saved is Gal 5:17. If there is no struggle with your spirit and flesh, you are not saved. If your spirit struggles with the flesh, you are saved.

kjw47

To 'practice' sin suggests it has become a routine, and does not contradict who you have become and it has alienated you from God.

He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’ And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’ Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.’ Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’ He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’ And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

The righteous--have washed their robes white-- the wicked are mislead to partake off the table of demons. And are wicked in Gods eyes.

kjw47

If you say the prayer with sincerity of heart, you will be saved. If you are just paying religious lip service to it, you are not.

A better indication of being saved is Gal 5:17. If there is no struggle with your spirit and flesh, you are not saved. If your spirit struggles with the flesh, you are saved.

Gal 5:17--does not mention being saved.
Not one is saved until they endure till their end--Matt 10:22--try believing Jesus over dogma.

As well we are no longer under the tithe--Jesus parable about that assures it--- Out of the heart is what God wants now--out of love--not law-- the ear ticklers demand it--they are false.

omega2xx

Gal 5:17--does not mention being saved.
Not one is saved until they endure till their end--Matt 10:22--try believing Jesus over dogma.

I didn't say it was. I said it was the evidence that you are or not. Christians will endure to the end because God promises He will finish what He starts---Phil 1:6 and Heb 12:2.

As well we are no longer under the tithe--Jesus parable about that assures it--- Out of the heart is what God wants now--out of love--not law-- the ear ticklers demand it--they are false.

The tithe has never been eliminated, although it was part of the law and now we ar no longer under that law.

Christians should not give anything unless they can give it cheerfully.

pearl

A better indication of being saved is Gal 5:17. If there is no struggle with your spirit and flesh, you are not saved. If your spirit struggles with the flesh, you are saved

If there is no struggle with your spirit and flesh, your actions have not contradicted who you are, If your spirit struggles with the flesh, your actions have contradicted who you are. It is who we are before God that decides our guilt.

omega2xx

If there is no struggle with your spirit and flesh, your actions have not contradicted who you are, If your spirit struggles with the flesh, your actions have contradicted who you are. It is who we are before God that decides our guilt.

Up are missing the point. Before I was saved, there was no struggle between my flesh and my spirit. One I was saved, the struggle began immediately.

kjw47

I didn't say it was. I said it was the evidence that you are or not. Christians will endure to the end because God promises He will finish what He starts---Phil 1:6 and Heb 12:2.

The tithe has never been eliminated, although it was part of the law and now we ar no longer under that law.

Christians should not give anything unless they can give it cheerfully.

Judas failed--many have. See Jesus' words--Matt 7:22-23--he said many no matter what they did for him. Will hear these words at judgement---GET away from me you worker of iniquity, I must confess I never even knew you. Many Jesus said--many Jaws will drop to the floor because they believe they are saved--No mortal has the right to assure another they are saved.

omega2xx

Judas failed--many have. See Jesus' words--Matt 7:22-23--he said many no matter what they did for him. Will hear these words at judgement---GET away from me you worker of iniquity, I must confess I never even knew you. Many Jesus said--many Jaws will drop to the floor because they believe they are saved--No mortal has the right to assure another they are saved.

The On e who can save them not only has that right, He is oibligated to tell them and tell them how.

I Jn 5:13 - These things I have written to you who believe in the name of th Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

kjw47

The On e who can save them not only has that right, He is oibligated to tell them and tell them how.

I Jn 5:13 - These things I have written to you who believe in the name of th Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Believing in the real Jesus--and obeying him--The bible clearly states--those not obeying Jesus, remain in Gods wrath.
Few know Jesus and what he taught. 99% of the religions claiming to serve him, do not teach all he taught.
No mortal knows if another will be saved. Any can fall. That is why Jesus taught---those who endure until their end will be saved( Matt 10:22)---see those words--will be saved, only when they reach the end.

omega2xx

Believing in the real Jesus--and obeying him--The bible clearly states--those not obeying Jesus, remain in Gods wrath.
Few know Jesus and what he taught. 99% of the religions claiming to serve him, do not teach all he taught.
No mortal knows if another will be saved. Any can fall. That is why Jesus taught---those who endure until their end will be saved( Matt 10:22)---see those words--will be saved, only when they reach the end.

You do not even have an accurate Bible, so it is hard if not impossible to know some important truths.

--If always obeying the law is a requirement to get to heaven, no one will make it.
--Rom 7 teaches very clearly that If we joyfully concur with the law, in the INNER man, where the heart is, we are obeying the law, because God looks on the heart, not on the outward appearance. Then Rom 7:25 tells that we serve God's law with our mind.

God has promised to make sure we endure to the end

Both Phil 1:6 and Heb 12:2 teach us that God will finish what He starts in us.

God gave us to Jesus---Jn 6:37 and Jesus promises not to cast out those God gives Him---Jn 6:37 and it is God's will that Jesus not lose any God has given Him---Jn 6:39

Peter tells us we have been born again, of imperishable seed(I Pet1: 23). By definition that which is imperishable, cannot perish.

kjw47

You do not even have an accurate Bible, so it is hard if not impossible to know some important truths.

--If always obeying the law is a requirement to get to heaven, no one will make it.
--Rom 7 teaches very clearly that If we joyfully concur with the law, in the INNER man, where the heart is, we are obeying the law, because God looks on the heart, not on the outward appearance. Then Rom 7:25 tells that we serve God's law with our mind.

God has promised to make sure we endure to the end

Both Phil 1:6 and Heb 12:2 teach us that God will finish what He starts in us.

God gave us to Jesus---Jn 6:37 and Jesus promises not to cast out those God gives Him---Jn 6:37 and it is God's will that Jesus not lose any God has given Him---Jn 6:39

Peter tells us we have been born again, of imperishable seed(I Pet1: 23). By definition that which is imperishable, cannot perish.

My translation has corrected the errors handed in translation since after the false councils were held--Many false teachings came out of those councils--they translated--by the time anyone else did( at mini mum 1000 years after the councils) no one had a clue as to what was truth. Truth did not come back until these last days( Dan 12:4) and are now abundant--but rejected by the majority, Why--it doesn't tickle their ears.

omega2xx

My translation has corrected the errors handed in translation since after the false councils were held--Many false teachings came out of those councils--they translated--by the time anyone else did( at mini mum 1000 years after the councils) no one had a clue as to what was truth. Truth did not come back until these last days( Dan 12:4) and are now abundant--but rejected by the majority, Why--it doesn't tickle their ears.

You don't even know he history of your own writings. Your Bible was written by 4 men. 3 only had a high school education and did not know Greek or Hebrew. The 4th knew some Hebrew but not a scholar qualified to translate Hebrew into Greek, Your Bible was not translated from the available mss. l They simple took the KJ and altered anything that was against their preconceive theology.