• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Role of Messiah and Muhammad in Quran

firedragon

Veteran Member
Your posts are always cryptic. For example, I still have no idea if you think "bani Israela" refers to Jews.

The thing is brother you have already decided what they mean.

Nevertheless, I shall state what they are in the Quran. There is a reason for the distinction. Jew or Huwdh is referring to the person representing the Jewish theology. Children of Israel or Bani Israela is referring to the Israelites. They could be Muslims or non-muslims. God says "we have decreed for the children of Israel, anyone who kills......". It is not referring to Jews, but Israelites.

3:67 Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Nazarene but a "Hanifan Musliman". Clear differentiation between a Muslim, and a Jew.

But a Bani Israela can always be a Muslim. They came after Abraham who was a Muslim, so Islam was referred to prior to Israelites, and God takes a covenant with the Bani Israela, who were Muslims.

Peace.

stevecanuck

Nevertheless, I shall state what they are in the Quran. There is a reason for the distinction. Jew or Huwdh is referring to the person representing the Jewish theology. Children of Israel or Bani Israela is referring to the Israelites. They could be Muslims or non-muslims. God says "we have decreed for the children of Israel, anyone who kills......". It is not referring to Jews, but Israelites.

3:67 Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Nazarene but a "Hanifan Musliman". Clear differentiation between a Muslim, and a Jew.

But a Bani Israela can always be a Muslim. They came after Abraham who was a Muslim, so Islam was referred to prior to Israelites, and God takes a covenant with the Bani Israela, who were Muslims.

Peace.

Do you have any examples from the qur'an in which it's obvious that Muslims are being spoken to with the phrase "bani Israea"?

stevecanuck

Peace.

I'm well aware that the qur'an claims all monotheists as Muslims. Those such as Moses, to the best of my knowledge, called themselves Jews.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The qur'an never says how they have been changed. Can you give an example?

The qur'an accuses Jews of killing prophets of old, but never says who they are. Can you give an example?

Yes, I can. Aaron, Saul, Lot and others in Quran have more dignified narrative towards them and the negative in the Bible towards them is not acknowledged. For example, Saul is a Messenger of God and chosen by God and from the chosen family of the reminder of the time. Saul in the Tanakh has him being jealous towards David. This is anti-thesis to the whole emphasize of the Torah and Gospels and books between them about the chosen ones, so the Quran rightly restores dignity to God's chosen kings.

See the story of Talut/Saul in chapter 2 of Quran.

stevecanuck

Yes, I can. Aaron, Saul, Lot and others in Quran have more dignified narrative towards them and the negative in the Bible towards them is not acknowledged. For example, Saul is a Messenger of God and chosen by God and from the chosen family of the reminder of the time. Saul in the Tanakh has him being jealous towards David. This is anti-thesis to the whole emphasize of the Torah and Gospels and books between them about the chosen ones, so the Quran rightly restores dignity to God's chosen kings.

See the story of Talut/Saul in chapter 2 of Quran.

Ok, thank you for that.

Now can you tell me which prophets of old the Jews killed?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Your responses that are not cryptic are instead semantic. In the qur'an, Muslim and Mumneen are used interchangeably.

I asked a direct question and every tom dick or harry knows the meaning of Mumeen but they are not used interchangeably. Anyway, that's a whole other topic.

1. You said that Moses's people were called Jews in the Quran. 7:134 read.

2. Were there children of Israel called Muslims?

Read 61:6 and 7. Jesus, Bani Israela, Islam. Also read 61:14. Read carefully the verses in chapter 3, verse 45 to around 52. 52 will call the bani israela who supported Jesus "Muslim". They are not called Jews.

Ponder over it.

Peace.

stevecanuck

It doesnt say Hwd? It says Aslam. Muslim. And its not about Moses. You said about Moses and the people of his time being called Jews.

Is there any verse? Consider it.

I was answering this - "I'm well aware that the qur'an claims all monotheists as Muslims".

stevecanuck

I asked a direct question and every tom dick or harry knows the meaning of Mumeen but they are not used interchangeably. Anyway, that's a whole other topic.

1. You said that Moses's people were called Jews in the Quran. 7:134 read.

2. Were there children of Israel called Muslims?

Read 61:6 and 7. Jesus, Bani Israela, Islam. Also read 61:14. Read carefully the verses in chapter 3, verse 45 to around 52. 52 will call the bani israela who supported Jesus "Muslim". They are not called Jews.

Ponder over it.

Peace.

You misunderstood, and to be honest this is just not worth any more of my time.