• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Dawkin

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Unreasonable? It sound very reasonable to me. Don't repeat what you have read, but tell me yourself.
Can you tell me how your computer works without looking it up?

I want proof.
No, you don't. You want to be right, and probably make others look bad in the process. It's pure ego masturbation.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Look for it yourself as I did.

Explain to me how the eye evolved? Let's start with that. Don't copy and paste anything. You tell me.

Look for yourself, as I did.

Linda, just so you know, I am not against creationists coming on this Forum to present their views. Roli does it all the time, and I have never accused him of being a jerk. In fact, I'm rather fond of him. But when someone comes here to lie about their qualifications and about evolution, that's another matter. When someone lies to me, that means they think I'm a fool. That's an insult, and I don't take kindly to insults.

Linda777

Linda, just so you know, I am not against creationists coming on this Forum to present their views. Roli does it all the time, and I have never accused him of being a jerk. In fact, I'm rather fond of him. But when someone comes here to lie about their qualifications and about evolution, that's another matter. When someone lies to me, that means they think I'm a fool. That's an insult, and I don't take kindly to insults.

I don't think you're a fool. But you seem to think I am..and a liar.
I don't lie and for that matter there is never a need to lie.
No one with a sound mind thinks and believes the eye evolved. Or the mind.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I don't think you're a fool. But you seem to think I am..and a liar.
I don't lie and for that matter there is never a need to lie.
No one with a sound mind thinks and believes the eye evolved. Or the mind.
And a bigot, too. I look forward to your banning.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yep just as I thought from the ones who responded to my post. No evidence, no good argument, no nothing, just personal insults. Same old thing I always hear. I rest my case.
Linda, have you ever wondered why there is "No evidence, no good argument, no nothing, just personal insults. Same old thing I always hear." I would suggest that there is an extremely good reason for your experience.

Linda, no one in their right mind would claim that Sunstone and myself agree on things very much, but I would take his words here with extreme caution. You might not appreciate it as such, but he IS being very generous with you.

Last edited:

ThereIsNoSpoon

Yep just as I thought from the ones who responded to my post. No evidence, no good argument, no nothing, just personal insults. Same old thing I always hear. I rest my case.
I think You got several things wrong here.
First of all it was You who started the unqualified statements....
Atheists and the like are not interesting to talk to since all t heir arguments are old and stale and soundly refuted.

And secondly there is no reason why anybody needs to present "evidence" to you since it is you who made the claim:
Every scientific fact proves the young earth.
It's YOUR turn to present evidence.

Something I find very sad is the notion that an old earth can't be true because you can't grasp a number so large that it is called "billions".
Absurd to think the earth is billions of years old. There is no way to measure that. No clock no calender no device no nothing can count billions of years.

ThereIsNoSpoon

Unreasonable? It sound very reasonable to me. Don't repeat what you have read, but tell me yourself.
I want proof.
Proof for what ? For your claim that science already refuted any claims about an old earth.
Sorry, I can`t provide you with that. It simply is not true. If you see this differently you are welcome to show me your evidence.

logician

Evolution is a hard science just like physics or chemistry, and certainly is backed by as much evidence as the theories in physics and chemistry are. Read Dawkin's "The Ancestor'ss Tale" which goes into many, many, discussions about the varied ways evolution works both genetically and thru organisms, and shows the surprising relationships between many species (Hippoes closest relatives are whales for example).

Linda777

Linda, have you ever wondered why there is "No evidence, no good argument, no nothing, just personal insults. Same old thing I always hear." I would suggest that there is an extremely good reason for your experience.

Linda, no one in their right mind would claim that Sunstone and myself agree on things very much, but I would take his words here with extreme caution. You might not appreciate it as such, but he IS being very generous with you.

Yawn....

Linda777

Proof for what ? For your claim that science already refuted any claims about an old earth.
Sorry, I can`t provide you with that. It simply is not true. If you see this differently you are welcome to show me your evidence.

I won't be back here. But here is all evolutionists say..."Could be" or "We suppose.." "There is a possibility.." We theorize..."
Good bye.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I won't be back here. But here is all evolutionists say..."Could be" or "We suppose.." "There is a possibility.." We theorize..."
Good bye.

That's how science works. Only fools believe something is entirely certain or absolute, especially when the basis for such belief is little more than some ancient, superstitious tome.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Explain to me how the rocks are dated. No copy and paste, just you tell me. Go into detail. How does anyone date a rock which has been here as long as all rocks.
A few different ways. Mainly radiometric dating, stratigraphy, and fossil analysis.

There's more information here if you want, if your question was actually asked out of a good faith intent to learn.

I'm personally most familiar with the geology side of things, so if you want to learn more about that, feel free to ask... though another thread would probably be the best place.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Good bye.
All those who eat from the Tree of Knowledge (claim they are right, instead of the most correct) have taken satans temptation and will not eat from the Tree of Life, and shall not have eternal life, but will simply cease to exist.(in this thread):D

Last edited:

Naturalist_Atheist

Uh.... Pootie Tang.
Ah, I see. Yes, it was a miscommunication.

I don't do any such thing. My religion's agenda is quite different.

• The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
  • Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
  • Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
  • A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
  • The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
  • The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
  • Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
I wonder, do you think we should keep THAT to ourselves? I don't.

Sorry, I support religious freedom, even when I disagree with them. What do you support?

It's a nonsense question, due to the qualifiers. However, the irreligious have their agendas, too. We all do. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

I assume when you say religion it entails some form of supernatural belief. Many times religious people try to push their beliefs onto others. I see this in my public school systems and in my government. Two shinning examples would be "Under God" in our pledge and the anti-gay marriage movement. These are two areas that religions should keep it to themselves. If they feel God doesn't like homos that's fine. Vote the way you want and protest. But your church and your group should not receive any extra benefits. Churches should pay their fair share of taxes. Religions should be treated like businesses. (If they are shown to make any income.)

Tell me how I oppose religious freedom? It is only when I feel a particular religion infringes on human rights that I even criticize it. Unfortunately religions seem to have a knack for infringing on our rights.

Would you be so kind as to name a few "irreligious agendas."