• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rant thread

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
A rant thread for the purpose of ranting about your job and/or career.

I for one am sick to death of people wasting my time and jerking me around -.-

Your turn.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
I work third shift at a factory. On our line, our line coordinator just sits on her a** and watches Youtube videos. Our floaters (people who are to help the line out, a step above us line rats), do nothing. In order to to get ahead, hard work is pointless, you have to be good at brown-nosing or back stabbing. I've seen people get promoted because they formed factions against a rival for a spot, started rumors, and ended up getting the other person not only their promotion taken away, but even fired. And keeping by yourself and not talking to anyone doesn't help stay away from the drama, sometimes, this is all it takes to make someone mad enough to go after you.

Our line coordinator has favorites. If you're not a favorite, then you don't get the chance for promotions, or even better spots on the line. And if you are a favorite of theirs, you not only get promotions, you do it by doing absolutely no work at all. I can't count the number of times one of their favorites just walked off the line, just because they didn't feel like doing any work. And then they went back to the desk and went to sleep. That's right. And who got in trouble for it? Him? Nope, me and three other people. I don't see how, but that's how it works there. If there were more jobs out there, I wouldn't be where I am now.

Sorry for the rant, but this thread was needed. :)

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I just tired of doing it.

I've been in my field for 15 years now, and I'm just not having fun anymore. I come home and my back and knees hurt, and my bumps and bruises don't heal nearly as fast as they used to.

And the real kicker is that I saw this coming and planned for it; it took six years of night school, but I earned a degree (with honors) in a field I'm interested in. But, with the current economy, it would cost me far too much to switch jobs.

Maybe I'll just start a pottery with my wife and play in the mud all day. :yes:

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm sick of deadbeat tenants who try to avoid paying rent!
I also despise the ones who abandon their junk, & expect me to pay for disposing of it!
(Contrary to the fantasy TV show "Storage Wars", tenants rarely leave anything of value.)

dust1n

Zindīq
Right now, I'm actually working part-time at what might be my best job ever, and I just got another job (and have started) that seems like will be there as well. I really couldn't complain at the moment.

But, jeez, I have worked some **** jobs before in my life, some just completely unbearable. I never really understood how anyone ever took it. I couldn't... even if I had bigger responsibilities. I just build up so much visceral resentment towards work places.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Arrrrrgh he keeps putting my name forward for stuff without checking if I will actually be able to do it with the deadlines specified. SHORT NOTICE FTL

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
I am sick of getting asked 'so what have you done in the last few years' the answer is NOTHING I do not have recent references nor recent job; that is why I am putting my name down for a job I am hideously overqualified for and could do with my eyes closed, that you could employ me for minimum frickin wage when I am more qualified than any of the supervisors in your business would be a bargain, just frickin try me out on some work experience or something &*^*&%$&^(#$*(#@$#

Titanic

i take the advice of Robert De Niro go out and become a moviestar, the best piece of advice you could get and that is what i am trying to do. Beyond that i guess i could rant about all the odd jobs i have done for little money. Mowing lawns, cleaning pool's,being a chimney sweeper for three week's, being a driver for strippers twice, dressing up as a clown four day's ago and entertaining kids at a birthday party. Yeah i have done a lot of odd job's but all in the name of hopefully one day becoming a moviestar, not making enough money on acting right now, oh well maybe one day.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

I need so much to rant.
We have to show to important people a game concept. Serious thing, we have to be selected, it's important to develop the game next year.
We need powerpoint and presentation ready for next monday. Soon.

So, this is where the ****storm begin:

-> My game designer have been sick for the past weeks. It's okay no problem. Little cold.
-> Okay ONE MONTH is little big for a cold ? Well I had to finish the concept myself and add things in the game design all by myself even if I wasn't supposed to. I did his job then.
-> Last week I asked him to give me ASAP a PDF file with all the game design part of the game explained so I can make something nice in the powerpoint and prepare everything for the presentation.
(Note how a stupid good girl I am for doing his work AND the whole presentation by myself. I just asked him to open a word document and write stuff. That's all.)
-> One week later, yesterday, got a message saying 'don't worry, I'm very stressed at the moment, but I've been working I send you everything tomorrow'.
Okay.
-> TODAY I received no PDF file, no WORD document, just a message saying basically 'how are we doing the powerpoint ? I mean, do we put words, phrases or drawings ? We need to settle this before going further.'

DUDE.
I asked you a freaking word document.
YOU GIVE ME WIND. JUST WIND.

Less than one week before the presentation with important people and guy ask me "hey do we put words ? Or phrases ? Or drawings in our presentations to explain the concept ?"

I'm just gonna do it all by myself, ***** it, **** this guy, **** this game, and I'll tell him he can still be "sick and stressed for doing nothing" next week because I WILL go and make a freaking awesome presentation to sell the game WITHOUT HIM. It's supposed to be his baby, and he just leave me with everything to do, to decide, to organize, to work since the beginning. So now I will be the lead, and he will watch how I save his *** and his project !

Yeah did I said I also had a ****ton of other stuff to do too ? Like preparing everything for leaving in India for work in one month and that I still have to look for a flat and get a visa ? Meanwhile he is sleeping in his bed "stressing", WHO IS THE ONE SUPPOSED TO STRESS HERE D:

Does he have any idea how much time it takes for a single junior graphist to make decent concept arts ?! I just don't take a tablet and snap fingers ! It takes hours, even days for a very polished one ! Do I really have the time to ask myself such idiotics things about "do we put words or phrases in the powerpoint?" JUST. WRITE. YOUR. THINGS. DAMMIT.

Game designers. They just drive me more and more and more and more and more insane.
Let's just consider this a challenge I will of course overcome. But that's for sure, I won't share the honors.

obama_8dd210_1384716_large.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Still first year in business, and growing pains are hurting far worse than I imagined.

I have no idea how we managed to find funds for start-up, but we did and we were able to get that, a place to rent, and customers. Now we have more students that have a demand that far exceeds anything we can provide right now, though we're looking to expand and supply.

But that takes money, too. I feel like I'm back at square one with having to find cash, a newer and bigger place, and more revenue to cover the increased overhead. Except I'd trade the stress that came with starting up for what we're going through now, and it's because we have more to lose.

GRAARRRGGHHHH, this is exactly what I was afraid of. Dance studio does well. People love what we do. People want more. Dance studio is having a hard time keeping up.

Oh, and in spite of what people think, business owners don't rake in money by any assumptions. I still don't take home a paycheck, but re-invest any and all profit (which right now is razor-thin), back into the business because of this YAY GROWTH WHOOT YEEHAW BUSINESS IS GREAT HEATHER SHOULD BE SO HAPPY!!

dust1n

Zindīq
Raise your prices to cull demand so you can maximize profit with your current available capital until you have the funds for new capital to create more supply.[/financial advice from 24 year old with no financial experiencing or skills]

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Raise your prices to cull demand so you can maximize profit with your current available capital until you have the funds for new capital to create more supply.[/financial advice from 24 year old with no financial experiencing or skills]

That has some truth to it. What falls under the change in price points, however, is a change in marketing, a change in wages, a change in sales process and pipeline....it isn't as simple as raising prices and all falls into place. Customers will want to see the change in perceived value too as a justification of sorts....and that falls under employees perception, too.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. But I've been a part of entrepreneur networking groups for the last 4 years, and I've heard story after story after story of what actually occurs with raising prices with the end result in mind. One of my students parents owns a shoe store in the area and saw her business nearly fail when she raised prices with the goal in mind of pooling capital for future savings. Her sales dropped to nearly zero in an upper middle class demographic....the very demographic that marketing theorists say are the target audience for her higher-value shoes.

She changed her strategy, used her storefront exclusively as a warehouse, and sold online at lower prices, and watched her sales jump back up past solvency and into profit again.

So, there's another rant/truism....never assume that marketing to the wealthy results in higher return. They're looking for a good deal as much as anybody else and don't want to shell out cash just because. They buy on emotion and on covering their ***es as much as the next Joe Six Pack. Stunned the heck out of me as soon as I saw that after doing this for a bit.

At least in this economy it rings true. In my industry. That much I know.

dust1n

Zindīq
That has some truth to it. What falls under the change in price points, however, is a change in marketing, a change in wages, a change in sales process and pipeline....it isn't as simple as raising prices and all falls into place. Customers will want to see the change in perceived value too as a justification of sorts....and that falls under employees perception, too.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. But I've been a part of entrepreneur networking groups for the last 4 years, and I've heard story after story after story of what actually occurs with raising prices with the end result in mind. One of my students parents owns a shoe store in the area and saw her business nearly fail when she raised prices with the goal in mind of pooling capital for future savings. Her sales dropped to nearly zero in an upper middle class demographic....the very demographic that marketing theorists say are the target audience for her higher-value shoes.

She changed her strategy, used her storefront exclusively as a warehouse, and sold online at lower prices, and watched her sales jump back up past solvency and into profit again.

So, there's another rant/truism....never assume that marketing to the wealthy results in higher return. They're looking for a good deal as much as anybody else and don't want to shell out cash just because. They buy on emotion and on covering their ***es as much as the next Joe Six Pack. Stunned the heck out of me as soon as I saw that after doing this for a bit.

At least in this economy it rings true. In my industry. That much I know.

I see. It depends on how your pricing structure is set up, and I was kind of assuming like a gym, with a yearly or sub yearly thing, but I realize that perhaps you might have it more of like a class based structure, I don't know. For what reason though, I followed with the faulty assumption that you can grandfather customers easily (like a gym, as if you could just control membership as it started to peak.

There's a lot of considerations in a dance studio I don't know anything about. To people sign up for month or several month long classes?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I see. It depends on how your pricing structure is set up, and I was kind of assuming like a gym, with a yearly or sub yearly thing, but I realize that perhaps you might have it more of like a class based structure, I don't know. For what reason though, I followed with the faulty assumption that you can grandfather customers easily (like a gym, as if you could just control membership as it started to peak.

There's a lot of considerations in a dance studio I don't know anything about. To people sign up for month or several month long classes?

They have options based on levels of commitment. Our recreational program is a drop-in model with options to purchase classes in bulk, too. But our performance programs is at least a 6-month commitment with class attendance, rehearsal, and stage performance requirements.

We have other programs that are in our upgrade options, and all are similar to the performance program I mentioned above.

dust1n

Zindīq
They have options based on levels of commitment. Our recreational program is a drop-in model with options to purchase classes in bulk, too. But our performance programs is at least a 6-month commitment with class attendance, rehearsal, and stage performance requirements.

We have other programs that are in our upgrade options, and all are similar to the performance program I mentioned above.

Oh man, it's like selling a car. :D

Yeah, why aren't people's businesses as simple as my economics textbooks portrayed them.. ERrrr. If only dance studio's operated Company X that manufactured Product A with Raw Materials B, C, & D, which could be substituted with E, F & C, all at various prices.

Oh well, you knew my advice would be useless. My dictating what prices you should give your customers is much like me trying to determine how valuable an aspiring jazz label will fare in Bulgaria. I don't got that St. Looey grit.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Oh man, it's like selling a car. :D

Yeah, why aren't people's businesses as simple as my economics textbooks portrayed them.. ERrrr. If only dance studio's operated Company X that manufactured Product A with Raw Materials B, C, & D, which could be substituted with E, F & C, all at various prices.

Oh well, you knew my advice would be useless. My dictating what prices you should give your customers is much like me trying to determine how valuable an aspiring jazz label will fare in Bulgaria. I don't got that St. Looey grit.

LOL don't be too hard on yourself. There's a measure of truth there. It's not like economics is completely useless. There's just, IMO, more variables than what many would even consider.

Try this on for size: upper-middle class families in a local area are currently house-rich/cash-poor. This isn't reported in the entirety of demographics data. How did I find out? I networked with a few local furniture-store owners.

They'd sell a single couch or kitchen table to a family, offering an entire room set and being declined often, and then delivering that piece of furniture to the family. They'd bring the couch inside, and discover that on the outside there sits a HUGE 5 bedroom, 3-car garage house...and on the inside they literally had no furniture except for a card table and beds for people to sleep on.

Oh, and at least a tv and internet access.

Lesson learned from more and more networking: things are rarely what they seem. ;)

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Seems like this thread was really needed!

I have been working on starting up a business over the last year and I am starting to get really annoyed at the guy doing my website. He seems to be taking his sweet time and stuffing me around, half effort etc cos we worked together previously. I guess the moral of the story is to not go through "friends" to save money -.-

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Seems like this thread was really needed!

I have been working on starting up a business over the last year and I am starting to get really annoyed at the guy doing my website. He seems to be taking his sweet time and stuffing me around, half effort etc cos we worked together previously. I guess the moral of the story is to not go through "friends" to save money -.-

I'd say overall that is true. However, if a friend of yours is an established professional, and you go through the same channels of procuring their services as you would a stranger, then there's a better chance that you can get a good deal while ensuring quality of service or production.

NoraSariah

Realizing the company raised their prices and having customers complain. Sorry, I only sell the stuff. The new prices affect my pockets, too. Not much I can do to help.