• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rant thread

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Realizing the company raised their prices and having customers complain. Sorry, I only sell the stuff. The new prices affect my pockets, too. Not much I can do to help.

I used to get abused when I worked at a supermarket and cigarette prices went up.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I hate my job at retail so much that I took a leave of absence for college and I'm considering not even going back.

I'm currently applying at other places. I really hope to get a job at a bookstore.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My engineering organization doesn't have much direction. The supervisor doesn't really have a clear approach to take things, and morale is subsequently low. A lot of good work is wasted.

There was that scene in Office Space where the main character says, "In a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual work." I used to think that was an exaggeration, that nobody could keep a job with that level of productivity, but I currently have four or five co-workers that quite literally do about that much work in a week, because there is no oversight to catch them.

I do some financial work on the side, but that's getting kind of repetitive after a few years.

I think I'm the kind of person that is going to have to change careers more than once and/or become entirely self-employed.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I must have seriously lost all sense of sanity when I thought withdrawing my resignation and staying for what seemed a few simple tasks would be a good idea.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Um/...the left side of my nose it stopped up (as ussual i have a deviated septum and Im addicted to nose spry) ..my DIL is a total narcissist b*** so I have to deal with her because my son was stupid enough to marry her now she thinks she is a queen..this guy swerved into my husbands lane so he trying to avoid being hit hopped the curb and damaged the front and back wheels...so car undrivable until we spend $500 having it fixed so that means he takes my car..my younger sister is dying of alcoholism..the cat TORE up an entire roll of paper towels just to let me know he was hungry..I have 3 wisdom teeth in my head,still at 45 that are not "happy"..I can not read without reading glasses and those give me BAD headache.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Jersey Shore Rant

Been Going to the Jersey Shore for more than 40 years, they have always charged to get on the beach while life guards are on duty. I would occasionally wait until the life guards go off duty to walk the shore line. I would love to sit on the sand at night with the boardwalk lights behind, stars above and boat lights in the distance and the breaking waves. Worth spending money on the boardwalk stores and amusement. 2017 They now charge for access to the beach until 9:00 pm and then lock off the beach and patrol it all night not allowing anyone on it. This sucks for me took all my enjoyment out of going to the beach. There are better restaurants and better amusement parks, there are closer arcade and mini golf centers near me, if I can't have access to the beach whats the point in going.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm searching for a job. I wish job hunts weren't so hard for me, and that I could get decent jobs, and that it didn't leave me hoping everybody else who is applying for the same positions as I ends up in a body cast.
Last time filled my usual pattern, of getting a crappy job I didn't even have to interview for (driving railroad workers around) but I had health issues with the job (hypoglycemia, I think due to the fact it was on call 24/7 with no predictability or even guarantee they'd call you to give you enough notice to wake up and eat breakfast). So, I quit that job, and was sent to a "food" processing plant via a temp agency who said I might lift up to 50 pounds and may encounter wet surfaces. In reality, this required pushing buckets of over 200 and 400 pounds of ingredients, the entire work area floor was soaked, and it was exceeded what my knee can actually handle to the point I about had to crawl through the door when I got back home.
Makes me wonder what they'd do if someone went "John Q," but instead of a father trying to save the life of his song, it involves a college degree holder trying to get suitable/appropriate work?

Shushersbedamned

I keep running into bullies at workplaces. All I want is to do my job and to be left alone. And maybe make a few friends on the way, but I'm not big on socializing. For some reason that I only partly understand there seems to always pop someone from somewhere with an urge to push me. To provoke me. I feel like there's something they want out of me.

It's like there should be a place there, a room where you could go to and just scream at appropriate intervals because someone can't just leave me the **** alone.:screamcat:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Employed less than a year later, I know have a stack of medical bills and so much social anxiety overload that I've started picking at the skin on my palms just underneath the base of the finger. The very reasons I'm there are the very things causing me tons of stress.
I also don't have much time to do much of anything anymore.

Shushersbedamned

Employed less than a year later, I know have a stack of medical bills and so much social anxiety overload that I've started picking at the skin on my palms just underneath the base of the finger. The very reasons I'm there are the very things causing me tons of stress.
I also don't have much time to do much of anything anymore.
Oh yes. Like the irony of being referred to a workplace doctor for help enduring psychological stress cause by toxic work environmet. :facepalm:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh yes. Like the irony of being referred to a workplace doctor for help enduring psychological stress cause by toxic work environmet. :facepalm:
The last fast food job I had (and will ever have) had a toxic work environment, to the point I wanted to take some very deep emotional stabs and have my boss crying when I turned in all my work crap. But when I left on my last day it was like a tremendous boulder was lifted from my shoulders.
And, instead of tears, I left the work shirt outside in the unlikely even a bird would crap on it, since it was given to me in a pretty crappy and stinky condition.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Man where do I start. Clients that do commission work for me to do for them. I ask them a full comprehensive battery of questions, size, color ranges, do I have artistic freedom of interpretation or not, profile shots, do you have a hi res photo of said subject matter. What do they do? Give a lo res shot of the subject so it's all grainy when I go in for the fine details, don't give feedback on my updates of their painting, or suddenly don't like the colors when it's nearly done. DUDE I gave you an update of progress of the painting every day I worked on it, you could clearly see I was using a lot of blue, now you don't like blue when it's 90% done?!? I despise people that are indecisive.

Or when they give me freedom on the color but then say it's not colorful enough? WTF. I list 50+ individual colors I used in the painting, not to mention what was mixed on canvas then they still have the audacity to say it's not colorful. Or they want a portrait done like one of my other pieces but want it a 1/4 the size of the other one, well I'm sorry I can't be as free as I was, because there isn't enough space to do it. You can't be as free with the stroke when the entire face of the subject is just the size of your hand and in the one they wanted similar to, her eye alone was as big as my fist. More canvas space more color, it's pretty simple.

And don't get me started on the scammers that email me their obvious BS stories through my website. Hi, I'm an engineer on a boat in the Atlantic, I am moving to the Philippines and want to buy my new wife a painting but keep it a surprise. And I closed my bank account in America and can only do cashiers checks. But not Western Union....can you tell me which painting I should get? Or they say they have an agent that has seen my work in America or they have seen my studio, well congratulations chump I have only showed once in America and it was a private event and I knew everyone there brohime. And really you been to my private studio? In the middle of the sticks in Bali Indonesia? an hour away from any kind of civilization, on a road that isn't even on google maps, you really been to my studio you scamming scumbag? Why don't you slowly kill yourself, but document it so I can have to pleasure of watching you die. Firstly I don't know your taste, you need to make that up for yourself, second I don't do checks, I can do credit card or paypal or online bank transactions, and if your bank doesn't do online like you claim it doesn't I guess you are screwed. And who the hell closes their bank account without having opened another you just walk around with a duffel bag full of cash? Also carrying more than 10 grand anywhere is not illegal but it raises flags with governments.

It's always the boat engineer story haven't seen a new version of the scam story, and when the emails start flowing their English skills start dropping. Perfect grammar the first email, then drops immediately to sub par and spelling errors, I know it's a scam, but I try to squeeze information out of them to pass on to the better business bureau. I have venomous rancor for these troglodytes.

/rant

A terrible mystery babylon evil spirit stalks me and invades everywhere I go, effectively turning people into puppets who are used to harass me resulting in loss of employment.

Same thing happens when I try to seek medical care.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
A terrible mystery babylon evil spirit stalks me and invades everywhere I go, effectively turning people into puppets who are used to harass me resulting in loss of employment.

Same thing happens when I try to seek medical care.
You should keep trying anyway.

You should keep trying anyway.
I'm qualified to perform CPR and shock defibrillation on myself but can't do the open heart surgery. That's a little out of my league right now.

As for your insult and mockery, please try again. Your weapon is old and blunt. Amp it up, then kick the football to the goal. *Snicker*

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm qualified to perform CPR and shock defibrillation on myself but can't do the open heart surgery. That's a little out of my league right now.

As for your insult and mockery, please try again. Your weapon is old and blunt. Amp it up, then kick the football to the goal. *Snicker*
No insult or mockery intended.