• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions to Atheists

AFRICAN

AFRICAN. can I ask you kindly as to which religion do you practice that it is so above and beyond everything we've said?

Its not about religion its common sense you don't have all the answers to everything regarding life the holy scriptures have which prove there is a creator why dont i adhere to a certain religion that answers all my questions perfectly we are all born with the intrinsic value and the oneness of the Creator is Above And Beyond everything that has been or to be said ,there is no God but God and Noah ,Abraham ,Moses ,jesus mohamed are the messengers ..

take care

The Neo Nerd

You know African you could have saved us all a lot of time and just told us how wonderful you "think" you are in the OP, would have saved us all a lot of reading and typing.

And for those of you who actually responded. You're a lot smarter than this. How many times have we seen a set up like this by some self righteous bible thumper, just so he can tell us how much better he is than us.

And African, get over yourself.

Peace,

-Q

AFRICAN

I don't think honesty enters your head, to be quite frank. You have a preconceived view of the universe dictated by those you do not know. You assume they have told you the truth and believe it as such to the extent that no other viewpoint can possibly be reasonable. This is willful ignorance and to trumpet that position is definitely arrogance. My guess is that you have a very limited understanding of human nature.

Well the answers to my questions prove that you are the one with limited understanding of human Nature ..

Alceste

Vagabond
Well i did read yours and i did respond to them apparently i wasn't sincere enough ..

I don't think you read any of them with an aim to understanding another point of view. I think you came here to preach.

Here's a hint: You can show that you are reading with an aim to enhancing your understanding of other points of view (in other words, being "sincere") by selecting particular sentences and posts that you disagree with and responding to those.

There are numerous different answers to each of the questions you posed. Responding to them all at once reveals that you never were interested in anything we had to say. You had an agenda from the very beginning: your questions were just a set-up so you could poop all over us with your superior attitude.

Kerr

Well if you see it as arrogance i see it as being honest and Frank ..
Unfortunatly you did not understand the posts you answered. Point out one place where anyone states that they think everyone should commit suicide or that morality does not exist. Point out where we are ignorant. Don´t just make statements without telling the motivations behind them, if you do that then your statements become meaningless.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Its not about religion its common sense you don't have all the answers to everything regarding life the holy scriptures have which prove there is a creator why dont i adhere to a certain religion that answers all my questions perfectly we are all born with the intrinsic value and the oneness of the Creator is Above And Beyond everything that has been or to be said ,there is no God but God and Noah ,Abraham ,Moses ,jesus mohamed are the messengers ..

take care
You know, if all you wanted to do is tell us how Islam is the greatest thing since sliced bread, why not just go on and say it right from the start?

AFRICAN

You know African you could have saved us all a lot of time and just told us how wonderful you "think" you are in the OP, would have saved us all a lot of reading and typing.

And for those of you who actually responded. You're a lot smarter than this. How many times have we seen a set up like this by some self righteous bible thumper, just so he can tell us how much better he is than us.

And African, get over yourself.

Peace,

-Q

What's an OP ? and I dnt Follow the The Modern Bible sorry ..

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Quaxotic, let me state the obvious and say that we all knew what was coming. many of us 'unbelievers' have been posting for months for posterity reasons only, as in in acknowledgement that a third party would read our posts, rather than our so called partner in the debate.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Well i did read yours and i did respond to them apparently i wasn't sincere enough ..

Sincerity is not the problem. Your problems are poor comprehension, bad manners, violation of forum rules, arrogance, grammar and punctuation.

MSizer

MSizer
Its not about religion its common sense

That's not common sense, that's delusion. There are antipsychotic medications you can take to help you regain lucidity.

you don't have all the answers to everything regarding life

Of course not. Nobody does.

the holy scriptures have which prove there is a creator

That is simply false. No debate necessary unless you bring some new evidence that's never been brought forward before. Neither the Koran nor the Bible say anything about DNA or germ theory or neurotransmitters. The simply do not have "all the answers" and anyone who thinks they do is a dangerous person IMO. Such a person does not posess the capacity to reason to a mature degree, and that is a key ingredient in behaviour that harms people. (starting with insulting them - let's hope that's where you draw the line)

The Neo Nerd

Quaxotic, let me state the obvious and say that we all knew what was coming. many of us 'unbelievers' have been posting for months for posterity reasons only, as in in acknowledgement that a third party would read our posts, rather than our so called partner in the debate.

I stand corrected.

-Q

Alceste

Vagabond

take care

Which "scriptures" prove there is a creator? Harry Potter? The Hobbit? The Tao te Ching? The Iliad and the Oddysey? Come on, be specific. I want chapter and verse. I want you to show me EXACTLY what sentence of which book "proves" the existence of a creator god.

AFRICAN

You know, if all you wanted to do is tell us how Islam is the greatest thing since sliced bread, why not just go on and say it right from the start?

Well that wasnt my intention , i wanted to see your view of life and clear things perhaps.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I would bet you had this sermon prepared before you even read any of the replies in this thread.

Peace & Blessing be upon you all ,
My intention of asking the questions is measuring your comprehension scope ..
I thank all of you for your replies i appreciate
taking the time to do so but to be honest i am disappointed from your answers
you seem to be living life with a simple mind ,as i understand from most of your
answers life has no point and anyone can commit suicide it saddens me to see
those unaware of the reality of life they are living in lacking the Morals and
Value ,you can choose to believe in nothing,but to believe in nothing would mean
that your existence is as intrinsically meaningless and pointless as the ground
beneath your feet,but i don't blame you cause the reality you are meant to perceive
is already been set up for you since childhood and the same goes to your fathers
what i mean is the amount of knowledge you gained through time has been
limited for you to a certain extent everything that has been taught in your
schools ,written in books,internet ,the MEDIA every possible way of obtaining
knowledge is Limited ,manipulated and distorted for you ,Who did that and why
its up to you to search and find whether its a conspiracy or not you will know!,
seek the true essence of knowledge then you can open your third eye which is your
inner knowledge unfortunately few do so .
"Knowledge that has no benefit has no value, If you do not make use of valuable
knowledge you attained then it is of no benefit to seek knowledge"

As a believer i have the answers to all the questions i asked and more regarding
life ,i gather them from The holy book which i believe is the words of the creator i.e The Quran
Life is a gift and this world we are living in is merely a bridge to the next one
and like Jesus (pbuh)Said "The world is a bridge, so pass over it and do not
inhabit it."
Some of you rely on science and scientists alone which is wrong that's why you
are blessed with reasoning and logic so you can analyze what you perceive ,and
even scientists the more they search the more they are astonished by the
Greatness of the Creator .
I am sorry if i seemed like am preaching or proselytizing its not my intention to
so .
I do care for you cause your my brothers and sisters So My advice to you is do not take any information or knowledge as absolute truth
analyze and question everything USE your reason and logic ,do not follow
anyone or anything blindly and don't judge things from their appearance delve
deeper to understand there is a lot to learn this forum is a great tool to know
more about other people's notion about life and existence .Seeking knowledge is a
type of worship so seek knowledge one day you will comprehend & See the truth
hidden between the lines ...

Thank you ..Take care
Your brother African

In any case, you're in a debate forum, which means if you're going to post here you need to engage in debate.

You posted a series of questions which many people in this thread took the time to address point by point. To brush all that aside with what amounts to, "Your thoughts are meaningless. Come join me on my holy mountain!" shows that you weren't interested learning what anyone else thought in the first place. This whole thread was just a set up to a sermon.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
The problem with that is the assumption that these question are not asked in ernest. It's one thing to be the Little Boy Who Cries Wolf; it's another to assume that every boy who cries is that boy.

Has anybody claimed that AFRICAN is not asking these questions in earnest? He appears to be more interested in seeing reactions than in engaging us in the debate that this forum was created to bring about.

I would almost agree with you except that, as an atheist, I do not rule out the possibility of "god" and am certainly open to any deity revealing itself to humanity in ways that humanity can understand, measure and agree upon should it wish to do so but until such time I just take it as obvious that they don't.

Nothing you say here puts us in conflict, and you may have misunderstood my point. I reject the idea that atheism is nothing more than lack of belief in gods. Atheists are people who consciously reject a claim that they have thought about, not just people who happen to lack a belief.