• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions to Atheists

MSizer

MSizer
...lacking the Morals and Value...

Coming from someone who has just acted as rudely as you have, I find that a rather strange statement. If you want to talk about morals, start a thread with me, go ahead, but unless you have anything intelligent to say about moral philosophy, be prepared to be exposed for what you appear to be - utterly unaware. Would you like to debate deontology? Utilitarianism? Virtue ethics? Maybe we could hash out Divine Command theory? Nobody has ever built a strong case for "cuz god said so", but do feel free, I'll be more than happy to point out how utterly foundless it is to you. Once that's done maybe we can chat about the capabilities approach to human flourishing. It's a nice easy moral theory that even those with the most narrow of moral sense can understand and even practice too. Aristotle would be very proud indeed of that one if he could be here today. Would you like to discuss the golden rule? The Christian version vs. the Jewish version? How about a discussion on normative behaviour, where we hash out etiquette vs. morality vs. law? Or we could talk about the importance of value hierachies in moral deliberation. How about socio-biology and ethics? Meta-Ethics? The neuro-philisophical view of morality? What about Emmanuel Kant's duties approach vs. David Hume's emotive response theory? John Rawls' theory of fairness and justice is great too, a fine american contribution to moral philosophy. Maybe you could teach me about that one. The principle of double effect? I can't stand St. Thomas Aquinas, but I have to admit, his principle of double effect is a powerful one (albeit ultimately wrong IMO). So, where would you like to start AFRICAN? It should be an easy debate, since I'm athiest and therefore "living without morals". I probably have nothing to say about morals, and you, being a believer, obviously do know better.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Peace & Blessing be upon you all ,
My intention of asking the questions is measuring your comprehension scope ..
I thank all of you for your replies i appreciate
taking the time to do so but to be honest i am disappointed from your answers
you seem to be living life with a simple mind ,as i understand from most of your
answers life has no point and anyone can commit suicide it saddens me to see
those unaware of the reality of life they are living in lacking the Morals and
Value ,you can choose to believe in nothing,but to believe in nothing would mean
that your existence is as intrinsically meaningless and pointless as the ground
beneath your feet,but i don't blame you cause the reality you are meant to perceive
is already been set up for you since childhood and the same goes to your fathers
what i mean is the amount of knowledge you gained through time has been
limited for you to a certain extent everything that has been taught in your
schools ,written in books,internet ,the MEDIA every possible way of obtaining
knowledge is Limited ,manipulated and distorted for you ,Who did that and why
its up to you to search and find whether its a conspiracy or not you will know!,
seek the true essence of knowledge then you can open your third eye which is your
inner knowledge unfortunately few do so .
"Knowledge that has no benefit has no value, If you do not make use of valuable
knowledge you attained then it is of no benefit to seek knowledge"

As a believer i have the answers to all the questions i asked and more regarding
life ,i gather them from The holy book which i believe is the words of the creator i.e The Quran
Life is a gift and this world we are living in is merely a bridge to the next one
and like Jesus (pbuh)Said "The world is a bridge, so pass over it and do not
inhabit it."
Some of you rely on science and scientists alone which is wrong that's why you
are blessed with reasoning and logic so you can analyze what you perceive ,and
even scientists the more they search the more they are astonished by the
Greatness of the Creator .
I am sorry if i seemed like am preaching or proselytizing its not my intention to
so .
I do care for you cause your my brothers and sisters So My advice to you is do not take any information or knowledge as absolute truth
analyze and question everything USE your reason and logic ,do not follow
anyone or anything blindly and don't judge things from their appearance delve
deeper to understand there is a lot to learn this forum is a great tool to know
more about other people's notion about life and existence .Seeking knowledge is a
type of worship so seek knowledge one day you will comprehend & See the truth
hidden between the lines ...

Thank you ..Take care
Your brother African
tl;dr

AFRICAN

Frankly all your answers are meaningless and show the lack of knowledge and misguidance sorry to say that but its the Truth and i am not arrogant nor i think that i obtain knowledge more than anyone of you but you go through your answers again you will see the flaws and ignorance..
Thank You take care
p.s i hope you do with the advices i provided

AFRICAN

Coming from someone who has just acted as rudely as you have, I find that a rather strange statement. If you want to talk about morals, start a thread with me, go ahead, but unless you have anything intelligent to say about moral philosophy, be prepared to be exposed for what you appear to be - utterly unaware. Would you like to debate deontology? Utilitarianism? Virtue ethics? Maybe we could hash out Divine Command theory? Nobody has ever built a strong case for "cuz god said so", but do feel free, I'll be more than happy to point out how utterly foundless it is to you. Once that's done maybe we can chat about the capabilities approach to human flourishing. It's a nice easy moral theory that even those with the most narrow of moral sense can understand and even practice too. Aristotle would be very proud indeed of that one if he could be here today. Would you like to discuss the golden rule? The Christian version vs. the Jewish version? How about a discussion on normative behaviour, where we hash out etiquette vs. morality vs. law? Or we could talk about the importance of value hierachies in moral deliberation. How about socio-biology and ethics? Meta-Ethics? The neuro-philisophical view of morality? What about Emmanuel Kant's duties approach vs. David Hume's emotive response theory? John Rawls' theory of fairness and justice is great too, a fine american contribution to moral philosophy. Maybe you could teach me about that one. The principle of double effect? I can't stand St. Thomas Aquinas, but I have to admit, his principle of double effect is a powerful one (albeit ultimately wrong IMO). So, where would you like to start AFRICAN? It should be an easy debate, since I'm athiest and therefore "living without morals". I probably have nothing to say about morals, and you, being a believer, obviously do know better.

Sorry brother if i seemed rude ,i was actually frank and Sincere take care ..

Alceste

Vagabond
Frankly all your answers are meaningless and show the lack of knowledge and misguidance sorry to say that but its the Truth and i am not arrogant nor i think that i obtain knowledge more than anyone of you but you go through your answers again you will see the flaws and ignorance..
Thank You take care

You didn't read ours, we didn't read yours. So it goes.

MSizer

MSizer
Frankly all your answers are meaningless

Frankly we'll remember that the next time you post anything.

Your lack of lucidity, foolish espousal of mythology and cruel actions provide a glaring example of just how hopeless it might be for the human animal to ever attain a more enlightened ethical state. Thanks for wasting time from our "valuless" lives.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Thank You take care
you would not know truth if it reached up and took a bite out of your arse.

I cannot help but wonder if your chosen deity is really satisfied with your lazy, half arsed attempt at preaching....

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
AFRICAN, not only was your post immensely rude, it was a violation of forum rules which I have reported.

Kerr

Thank You take care
Considering that you actually did not understand what people actually wrote, you are not qualified to call them meaningless, misguided or ignorant. You are unfortunatly far from qualified to make that assessment.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
And how did you come up with this?
It is called critical thinking and is based on my unique experience.

How do you Know your responses are accurate?
I don't pretend that my words are accurate, unlike many others who will belligerently claim their book is the only true answer.

And through which judgment do you deem some questions are silly? I personally don't think any question is silly if your sincere so why don't you answer for us?
If you are sincere, why don't you spend a moment and explain to me why the question is particularly meaningful. Go ahead, make my day.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
It is called critical thinking and is based on my unique experience.

I don't pretend that my words are accurate, unlike many others who will belligerently claim their book is the only true answer.

If you are sincere, why don't you spend a moment and explain to me why the question is particularly meaningful. Go ahead, make my day.

You are entering a world of pain Ymir. you do realize this. don't come too close to the event horizon :cover:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Thank You take care
AFRICAN, do you at least appreciate that your response is almost the definition of arrogance?

This is what Merriam-Webster says:

Main Entry: ar·ro·gance
Pronunciation: \ˈer-ə-gən(t)s, ˈa-rə-\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

AFRICAN

AFRICAN, do you at least appreciate that your response is almost the definition of arrogance?

This is what Merriam-Webster says:

Main Entry: ar·ro·gance
Pronunciation: \ˈer-ə-gən(t)s, ˈa-rə-\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

Well if you see it as arrogance i see it as being honest and Frank ..

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well if you see it as arrogance i see it as being honest and Frank ..
I don't think honesty enters your head, to be quite frank. You have a preconceived view of the universe dictated by those you do not know. You assume they have told you the truth and believe it as such to the extent that no other viewpoint can possibly be reasonable. This is willful ignorance and to trumpet that position is definitely arrogance. My guess is that you have a very limited understanding of human nature.