• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about Noah's ark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldrnari

Well, while I accept that some of these did exist simultaneously with humans because of the clear indication in our art, Asia, Egypt, South America - I am sure that they had their habitat that usually kept them away from the first human population if they were dangerous to be around.

Even Europeans have stories of monsters and knights fighting that we just dismiss as fiction. Perhaps, we should be less critical on some issues if they persist throughout the various cultures. It is kind of strange that this is a global thing, just look at China's love of Dragons and monsters in the past. These look fairly standard globally, don't they!

Did you know vampires are also a myth consistent all over the globe, spanning almost all cultures from ancient to modern times? Should we assume they are representative of reality, too?

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Excuse me for being facetious, but perhaps you didn't know how to read back then? Or, relatives, family were illiterate?
15 And they (comment: the animals went in) went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh wherein is the breath of life. 16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God commanded him: and Jehovah shut him in.​
Noah had nothing to do with gathering the animals. The different animals according to kind were brought by God's angels and as it says, 'God shut him in' God made his angels close the door of the ark. This was no human undertaking, except of course the building of this structure which Noah was shown how to build and what materials to use.

Australia is obviously an island, kangaroos can swim but i doubt that far, koala bears are one of the slowest animals in the worldw

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
So Koalas returned to Australia to feed on eucalyptus leaves? Nasty. If Koalas could eat figs and dates and olives why did ALL the koalas return to Australia? Eucalyptus?

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
So Koalas returned to Australia to feed on eucalyptus leaves? Nasty. If Koalas could eat figs and dates and olives why did ALL the koalas return to Australia? Eucalyptus?
See if you don't have a sore throat after being on an ark.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Well no more far fetched then people turning into salt but at the same time God had to ask himself an important question and answer it all the same . . .

Need-2Ban-2Bark-2BI-2Bnoah-2Bguy.jpg

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Believing in a literal flood event means accepting a lot of magical intervention on God's part. Either via angels or miraculous restoration or what have you. Because without which a global flood would have destroyed the world period and no boat would have saved Noah and his family. From fallowing land with removal of topsoil and saline pollution to effecting the wobble and rotation speed of the planet. The global flood is not a scientifically legitimate story, and never has been.

QuestioningMind

Did Noah rescue polar bears and animals not native to the middle East? How did he feed all these animals? It's far fetched enough to think he had a boat that could fit them all... to feed them all would be even more Impossible!

Sillier still is the notion that God needed to save the animals. Why didn't He just let them all drown and then after the floods receded simply snap his metaphorical fingers and create a whole new batch of them? Apparently he originally created them all with a fraction of a single day, so it clearly wouldn't have been that difficult.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Sillier still is the notion that God needed to save the animals. Why didn't He just let them all drown and then after the floods receded simply snap his metaphorical fingers and create a whole new batch of them? Apparently he originally created them all with a fraction of a single day, so it clearly wouldn't have been that difficult.
And why bother killing anything other than humans in the first place? All the other life, bunny rabbits, blue whales, buttercups, and bacteria never sinned. Why pick on them? All in all, an extremely inefficient process. God must be in his doddering and waning years to do something so artless. And If we mere mortals can see the folly of his ways, it isn't saying much for the big guy. Is there an old folks home for gods?

25140146347_50e9dea2be.jpg

Last edited:

Srivijaya

Did Noah rescue polar bears and animals not native to the middle East? How did he feed all these animals? It's far fetched enough to think he had a boat that could fit them all... to feed them all would be even more Impossible!
Noah was based on a famous character from ancient Sumerian myth called Utnapishtim. He featured in the Epic of Gilgamesh from about 2100 BC, which predated the OT. A crafty serpent also features. Well worth checking that out.

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
And just over 100 years after the flood God had to step in and confuse the common language and disperse people to the four corners of the earth.

Perhaps the genesis account is one man's explanation of why things are the way they are and not intended to be taken literally? Moses was surely exposed to Sumerian literature in Egypt.

arthra

Baha'i

The Ark of Noah in my belief was a metaphor for the Covenant of God:

Again the Ark of Noah represents this Covenant. The "everlasting covenant" with Abraham that "his seed would inherit the earth" explains the promise, Moses fulfilled this Covenant on Mount Sinai. Christ referred to this Covenant when he spoke of Peter as the "rock" upon which the church was to be built.

~ SOW - Star of the West, Star of the West - 4

David T

Premium Member
Hey what the hell is it a watch tower with a big watch or a watchtower like a prison!? I mean this crap is completely nonsensical unscientific garbage.

There must be some kind of way outta here
Said the joker to the thief
There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief
Business men, they drink my wine
Plowman dig my earth
None were level on the mind
Nobody up at his word
Hey, hey
No reason to get excited
The thief he kindly spoke
There are many here among us