• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about Noah's ark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Did Noah rescue polar bears and animals not native to the middle East? How did he feed all these animals? It's far fetched enough to think he had a boat that could fit them all... to feed them all would be even more Impossible!

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
I took the kids to the Ark Encounter at Williamstown Ky and there were dinosaurs in the pens. When i was a kid dinosaurs didnt exist (in creationism) now the Ark is chuck full of them.

Grandliseur

Did Noah rescue polar bears and animals not native to the middle East? How did he feed all these animals? It's far fetched enough to think he had a boat that could fit them all... to feed them all would be even more Impossible!
I'm sorry about this, but I lost my video of those events. However, I am pretty sure that Noah only brought one pair of Grandpa Ursus with him. I wonder if God made that kind of animal hibernate during that one year. Sounds logical and cheap to me.

Might have needed earplugs for their loud snoring?!

Phantasman

Gnosis offers a more believable understanding, IMO.

"And he (the chief archon) repented for everything which had come into being through him. This time he planned to bring a flood upon the work of man. But the greatness of the light of the foreknowledge informed Noah, and he proclaimed (it) to all the offspring which are the sons of men. But those who were strangers to him did not listen to him. It is not as Moses said, 'They hid themselves in an ark' (Gn 7: 7), but they hid themselves in a place, not only Noah, but also many other people from the immovable race. They went into a place and hid themselves in a luminous cloud. And he (Noah) recognized his authority, and she who belongs to the light was with him, having shone on them because he (the chief archon) had brought darkness upon the whole earth.- Apocryphon of John

The chief archon is the false god who created this imperfect realm. The same that Jesus called the "murderer" John 8

It's a choice. Since Jesus said Moses didn't his knowledge from heaven, I tend to see the Spirits view (gnosis),

Probably doesn't matter much, but does explain much to those who scoff at the flood idea to see the "truth" in a different perspective.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I took the kids to the Ark Encounter at Williamstown Ky and there were dinosaurs in the pens. When i was a kid dinosaurs didnt exist (in creationism) now the Ark is chuck full of them.
Yeah, Ken Ham had a real hard time with all the skeletal evidence for dinosaurs, trying to explain them away. In the end he was forced to throw up his hands and say, in effect, "Okay, there were dinosaurs, and Noah took them aboard the ark, but they didn't survive."

"After the Flood, the environment and habitat were drastically changed. Many dinosaurs may not have been as suited to the post-Flood world because of these changes. Interestingly, it appears that some of the dinosaur kinds that did survive a long time after the Flood became known as dragons. Dragon legends abound all over the world."
source

Goofy? of course it is. The environment before the flood was conducive for millions of animal species, including the dinosaurs. But after the flood the environment is suppose to have changed so dramatically that while it still supported all the other animals it somehow singled out the dinosaurs for extinction. Thing is, there is absolutely no evidence for such an environmental change taking place 4,000 or so years ago. And consider: the average size of dinosaurs is said to be that of an automobile. And not even considering the 2,000 or so dinosaur species that have roamed the earth, if one considers just the number of dinosaur genera, 700-900, two of each (1,400-1,800 individuals---think 1,400 automobiles) would have taken up an incredible amount of space on the ark, to say nothing of the storage room their food would require.

To sell his story, Ham requires that one not ask too many questions.

Last edited:

Grandliseur

Well, while I accept that some of these did exist simultaneously with humans because of the clear indication in our art, Asia, Egypt, South America - I am sure that they had their habitat that usually kept them away from the first human population if they were dangerous to be around.

Even Europeans have stories of monsters and knights fighting that we just dismiss as fiction. Perhaps, we should be less critical on some issues if they persist throughout the various cultures. It is kind of strange that this is a global thing, just look at China's love of Dragons and monsters in the past. These look fairly standard globally, don't they!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, while I accept that some of these did exist simultaneously with humans because of the clear indication in our art, Asia, Egypt, South America - I am sure that they had their habitat that usually kept them away from the first human population if they were dangerous to be around.

Even Europeans have stories of monsters and knights fighting that we just dismiss as fiction. Perhaps, we should be less critical on some issues if they persist throughout the various cultures. It is kind of strange that this is a global thing, just look at China's love of Dragons and monsters in the past. These look fairly standard globally, don't they!

Sorry, but those are failed interpretations of art mixed in with obvious forgeries, and pareiadolia.

Grandliseur

I don't know if you want this, or are ready for it; however, let me give you a small detail that is important. Noah did not gather or assemble the animals; they were brought to him. He had nothing to do with getting them to the Ark. That is a very important point in all of this.

Another point that becomes speculative in nature is also simple at first. According to the account, all land animals died, but therein lies a big problem that many an atheist has brought out. If you then accept the account, that apart from Noah and the land animals in the Ark, all who were overcome by the flood died. Well, the earth is a pretty big place, and for some animals it is even bigger, and they might need special habitats to survive.

This is where we come to the crux of the matter. It was God's will to cause the flood upon the earth; it was not his will to destroy the earth or its life. It then stands to reason that he used, unknown to Noah and us, other means of preserving life in distant places. Thus, the suggestion that the animals on the ark simply served as a means of avoiding the humans on the ark to go crazy during that one year by having meaningful work to do while not being able to do anything else.

Since we have been told little about what exactly happened, there is only supposition, and that if the Bible tells us that the flood happened, then it did. Of course, if you are atheist, or not a Bible believer, then you are free to believe according to your choice.

Grandliseur

I remember as a kid asking how kangaroos got to the ark, never got an answer to that one.
Excuse me for being facetious, but perhaps you didn't know how to read back then? Or, relatives, family were illiterate?
15 And they (comment: the animals went in) went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh wherein is the breath of life. 16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God commanded him: and Jehovah shut him in.​
Noah had nothing to do with gathering the animals. The different animals according to kind were brought by God's angels and as it says, 'God shut him in' God made his angels close the door of the ark. This was no human undertaking, except of course the building of this structure which Noah was shown how to build and what materials to use.

Shaul

Premium Member
Since the animals from remote areas are here that answers your question of did he rescue them. Noah saved them or their source animals from which they differentiated. The how is only minimally answered in the quite short flood narrative. Obviously the author wasn’t attempting to answer all the how questions of future skeptics such as yourself in it. To state that it involved the miraculous to have happened is clear. You can stay hung up on your “how” questions, which will not be answered this side of eternity. Or you can ask the questions which are addressed in the narrative which is why did the flood (or purported flood as you may prefer) occur. The Biblical flood account is a morality lesson, not a scientific treatise.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Excuse me for being facetious, but perhaps you didn't know how to read back then? Or, relatives, family were illiterate?
15 And they (comment: the animals went in) went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh wherein is the breath of life. 16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God commanded him: and Jehovah shut him in.​
Noah had nothing to do with gathering the animals. The different animals according to kind were brought by God's angels and as it says, 'God shut him in' God made his angels close the door of the ark. This was no human undertaking, except of course the building of this structure which Noah was shown how to build and what materials to use.
I think he meant that they were on an island.

Grandliseur

I think he meant that they were on an island.
Sorry, you lost me there. What island, where mentioned?

The point with the account of the animals is that Noah had nothing to do with gathering the animals. They were brought to him, marched into the ark when it was time in a controlled fashion that no human could have accomplished. Noah was inside the ark when the animals were brought to him. He might have had something to do with their enclosures, but what is not spoken of.

There is very little given to us, except again, Goddidit. When the flood was over, there are many kinds of animals that could never make the long trips on their own. Thus, again, Goddidit.
I don't believe that Noah's ark is but a tiny fraction of the whole story. I think Noah's ark was to keep the humans busy so that they wouldn't go crazy for that one year. The real work I think was done by angels, in UFOs carrying animals until and where they were needed. But, I may be wrong. Most assumptions are.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry, you lost me there. What island, where mentioned?

The point with the account of the animals is that Noah had nothing to do with gathering the animals. They were brought to him, marched into the ark when it was time in a controlled fashion that no human could have accomplished. Noah was inside the ark when the animals were brought to him. He might have had something to do with their enclosures, but what is not spoken of.

There is very little given to us, except again, Goddidit. When the flood was over, there are many kinds of animals that could never make the long trips on their own. Thus, again, Goddidit.
I don't believe that Noah's ark is but a tiny fraction of the whole story. I think Noah's ark was to keep the humans busy so that they wouldn't go crazy for that one year. The real work I think was done by angels, in UFOs carrying animals until and where they were needed. But, I may be wrong. Most assumptions are.
Some kinds of animals live only on an island. One of them is now called Australia. That was the island. And, you have answered my question about how a kangaroo could ever reach the ark. And, I also think that you are seriously considering that is how it was really done (in a space ship).

Grandliseur

Some kinds of animals live only on an island. One of them is now called Australia. That was the island. And, you have answered my question about how a kangaroo could ever reach the ark. And, I also think that you are seriously considering that is how it was really done (in a space ship).
How do you think angels travel around? Why do you think that much ancient art contains UFOs in them?

Please read this:
Isaiah 13:
4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains, as of a great people! the noise of a tumult of the kingdoms of the nations gathered together! Jehovah of hosts is mustering the host for the battle. 5 They come from a far country, from the uttermost part of heaven, even Jehovah, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

Psalm 68:17 The war chariots of God are in tens of thousands, thousands over and over again. Jehovah himself has come from Si′nai into the holy place.
When God speaks of his armies that come from the 'uttermost part of heaven' and mentions, in Psalms, his chariots, you don't think the angelic armies come with horse buggies do you?
No, the UFOs we keep seeing are being used by angels, fallen and otherwise.

Last edited:

socharlie

the way I read Genesis 6 - it I is not speaking about the entire planet Earth, two place are mentioned ha·'a·da·mah (land) and va·'a·retz
(earth) - whatever they meant geographically. Cain was driven from ha·'a·da·mah to va·'a·retz. So I see those as certain geographical regions .

Status
Not open for further replies.