• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proven Science says there is No Universe without Conscious Man to Observe it.

Who do you side with on scientific 'Reality'?

• Neils Bohr (Father of Quantum Theory)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Albert Einstein (Father of atheist scientist philosophy of 'Realism')

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

atanu

Premium Member
Is this really "proven science" or new-age pseudo-science?

Observer (quantum physics) - Wikipedia

Most physicists seem to believe that ‘quantum measurement’ causing collapse does not involve consciousness (of the mental-human kind) but involves information generation.

Observer effect (physics) - Wikipedia

The need for the "observer" to be conscious is not supported by scientific research, and has been pointed out as a misconception rooted in a poor understanding of the quantum wave function ψ and the quantum measurement process,[4][5][6]apparently being the generation of information at its most basic level that produces the effect.”

Now, what is information generation? And how do the waves collapse after reading the information?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
If there was a universe five days before Adam was created, it would be a scientific miracle.
In an effort to make Genesis literal don't demean scientific discipline. There's no preface to Genesis. Its full of indirect language, rewritten stories from other cultures. Its shameful to be ignorant of this, to ignore everything that has been learned about it in recent centuries and then on top of it to demean scientific discipline for the sake of ignoring it.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Neils Bohr (Father of Quantum Theory)
"It is meaningless to assign Reality to the universe in the absence of observation; in the intervals between measurement, quantum systems truly exist as a fuzzy mixture of all possible properties"

Verses
Albert Einstein
"I'd like to think the moon was there even when I wasn't looking at it." (Realism)
Science cannot claim evolution when proven science indicates that the universe does not exist without conscious man to observe it. No universe before/without conscious man, thus no evolution before conscious man.

If there was a universe five days before Adam was created, it would be a scientific miracle.

The Great Neils Bohr VS Albert Einstein Debate
on scientific Reality

Didn't dinosaurs look up at the stars. Science can prove they existed long before man or must it be a human observer. Also how do you know there aren't other planets with observer's, it seems you are making a lot of unscientific assumptions.

Steven Merten

In an effort to make Genesis literal don't demean scientific discipline. There's no preface to Genesis. Its full of indirect language, rewritten stories from other cultures. Its shameful to be ignorant of this, to ignore everything that has been learned about it in recent centuries and then on top of it to demean scientific discipline for the sake of ignoring it.
Hello Brickjectivity,
I do not demean scientific disciplines. It is the disciplines of Quantum Mechanics, which seem to oppose all classical physics which came before it. Do you know anything about the laws of Quantum Mechanics? Neils Bohr states, "If you are not in complete shock over Quantum Mechanics, then you simply do not understand it."

whirlingmerc

"It is meaningless to assign Reality to the universe in the absence of observation; in the intervals between measurement, quantum systems truly exist as a fuzzy mixture of all possible properties"

Verses
Albert Einstein
"I'd like to think the moon was there even when I wasn't looking at it." (Realism)
Science cannot claim evolution when proven science indicates that the universe does not exist without conscious man to observe it. No universe before/without conscious man, thus no evolution before conscious man.

on scientific Reality

God existed without man to observe Him

David T

Premium Member

Verses
Albert Einstein

on scientific Reality

I have actually read bohrs i thought him a crackpit. I now realize its science fans whom are the crackpots.

Bors attacks reductionism and reductionism takes that attack and reduces that to fantasy. Realitiy is fuzy!!! Stupid reductionism is what that is.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello Brickjectivity,
I do not demean scientific disciplines.
Through not making the effort to understand yet making broad and unsound pronouncements? Yes that is demeaning it. What is the point of doing so? Its public knowledge that Genesis is made of stories rewritten from more ancient stories and does not at all reflect history. Its never going to align with scientific observations. Its not a science text. Its about people about peace about love things like that.

David T

Premium Member
I have actually read bohrs.

Conscuousness is fiction thats a fact. Fiction as fact is fact obsevationally. Therefore consciousness, what the heck lala land that means is a quality of matter and it exists whether we are here or not. Dont be stupid. Cant kill quality of.

leaf-tailed-gecko.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Steven Merten

A quantum experiment suggests
there’s no such thing as objective reality
Physicists have long suspected that quantum mechanics allows two observers to experience different, conflicting realities. Now they’ve performed the first experiment that proves it.

A quantum experiment suggests there’s no such thing as objective reality
A couple of months ago, scientists at MIT, accomplished duel realities in the lab. It is quite the break through. In the Miracle of the Sun - Wikipedia, 60,000 people experienced the reality of the sun dancing in the sky, in Fatima Portugal, in 1917; While everyone else on earth experienced the reality of the sun in its usual position. Now scientists have duplicated the miracle of dual realities in the lab. Wow!

The miracle of Creation seems more like a TV where God has the remote to give us any reality He chooses us to experience.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Verses
Albert Einstein

on scientific Reality

What makes you think (presumably) man is the only life form in the universe?

Personally I think the universe has always enabled conscious beings who have a glimpse of what's around them. Even animals.

Wandering Monk

A quantum experiment suggests
there’s no such thing as objective reality
Physicists have long suspected that quantum mechanics allows two observers to experience different, conflicting realities. Now they’ve performed the first experiment that proves it.

A quantum experiment suggests there’s no such thing as objective reality
A couple of months ago, scientists at MIT, accomplished duel realities in the lab. It is quite the break through. In the Miracle of the Sun - Wikipedia, 60,000 people experienced the reality of the sun dancing in the sky, in Fatima Portugal, in 1917; While everyone else on earth experienced the reality of the sun in its usual position. Now scientists have duplicated the miracle of dual realities in the lab. Wow!

The miracle of Creation seems more like a TV where God has the remote to give us any reality He chooses us to experience.

Luckily, we don't live in the quantum realm.

Steven Merten

Has everyone watched the PBS video? Let us discuss what the PBS video describes as Neils Bohr's 'Peek a Boo' universe, a universe which only exists when conscious man observes it, is.

Albert Einstein discovered the atom in 1905. Neil's Bohr discovered the electron rings around the atom. From early on the big debate over whether or not the universe exists when man to observe it began. Einstein could not think of an experiment to disprove Neils Bohr's 'Quantum Theory' of no universe without conscious man to observe it. So Einstein turned his efforts to disprove the Quantum Theory. Einstein came up with the EPR experiment, but was never able to carry it out in the lab. Since then every notable scientist in the world has been striving to preform the EPR experiment. In 1964 John Bell came up with a way to see who was right, Einstein or Bohr, Bohr has consistently been the victor, in all EPR experiments.

Please watch the PBS video.