• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Products I don't understand

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
One thing I saw that just no matter how you look at it cannot justify its existence, is this plier-multitool thingy with pliers and screwdrivers and knives, but, also, for some inexplicable reason, to stick thingies to turn it into a cell phone prop/stand.
Another thing that makes no sense to me is pumpless soap dispensers, but it's more the idea of them being marketed so you don't have to touch a dirty, germy, dingy soap pump to get your soap to clean your hands.
Hand sanitizer I also don't get. We have immune systems, and our genocidal tendencies towards germs kills lots of good bacteria and helps make bad bacteria treatment resistant.
Gluten free labels for things that wouldn't have gluten in them anyways, such as rice, which is naturally without gluten.

Reactions: Vee

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd try fake bacon if the opportunity presented itself.
Not a fanatic....just a big time bacon booster.

Bacon is likely my favorite food (a toss-up between that and pizza [pizza with bacon is OMG]), but I stopped eating meat for health reasons. While vegetarian bacon doesn't hold a candle to the real deal, vegetarian bacon is the next best thing.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Even worse is imported water in a bottle. Stick water in a bottle, ship it halfway around the world then charge premium prices for it because it's H2O from another country.

Was in a Hilton in SE Asia and the minibar had a bottle of Evian water at the bargain price of $12 (local bottled water in the shop outside was 20 cents).

Have also seen places selling 'oxygen water' at ludicrous prices. A combination of water and air in a bottle repackaged as a luxury product.

There must be far more than one sucker born every minute.
Oxygen water I haven't heard that term in a long time. It still makes me chuckle quite a bit.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'd try fake bacon if the opportunity presented itself.
I didn't know it existed. I had a vegie burger some time ago, and it wasn't bad (not as good as the "real thing" could be, but certainly better any fast food joint). Really, I wouldn't mind those since I rarely get beef, and season accordingly. Veggie bacon I'll probably getting around that weirdo land of LA were a meatless meal isn't something to be questioned, given odd gazes, and poked at with someone else's stick.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
A few years ago, I saw a store selling ash trees.
This was around the peak of the Emerald Ash Borer killing off every single one.

We get lots of plants here that aren't hardy to this climate zone. Big stores like Walmart and Home depot are worst. This is not California, guys.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We get lots of plants here that aren't hardy to this climate zone. Big stores like Walmart and Home depot are worst. This is not California, guys.
Aye, we get plants which are sold as perennials, but don't make it thru the winter, eg, ice plants.

DavidFirth

The top selling fushigi from the 90's, I think.

fushigi3.jpg

The thing has no purpose whatsoever.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
High heels.
just so you know.....
a documentary on primate behavior filmed the display

the female will parade back and forth in front of the alpha male
then might hesitate
lift herself in his direction.....on her toes
and look over her shoulder

got it?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The top selling fushigi from the 90's, I think.

fushigi3.jpg

The thing has no purpose whatsoever.
They're basically props to mesmerize, a magician's toy (one you absolutely do not want to drop or scratch because it will show and ruin the effect), more or less, to create some interesting effects that almost border into illusion with their appearance. It just takes a lot of dexterity and practice to actually be good with one. That is specifically the Fushigi, which was more 2010's. The Fushigi in concept and principle is a sort of contact juggling, which has been around for probably centuries.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I realize there are many products I don't understand. Here's a few that go way beyond my comprehension:

- Cauliflower pizza crust
- Vegan bacon
- Decaf
- Low fat butter
- non alcoholic beer

Feel free to add to the list :D
Bacon flavored toothpaste. Yay..Yuck!?
Bacon Toothpaste