• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro-life and control of women- where do we draw the line?

Me Myself

Back to my username
But "fat" enhances the demonization, since thin is in.

yes, but no one likes people calling other people fat D:

Now men hating and white hating is totally in. I would say "old" wouldnt fit in, but it does because it means they have spent even more time being both white and men! D:

Alceste

Vagabond
Here we go again. The demonization of feminism. :facepalm:

Think feminists haven't heard this tripe before?

Well hello, reasonable person! Don't you think it's interesting that in the survey I posted, those who are least likely to experience an unplanned pregnancy are the most likely to be anti-choice?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
yes, but no one likes people calling other people fat D:

Now men hating and white hating is totally in. I would say "old" wouldnt fit in, but it does because it means they have spent even more time being both white and men! D:
Exactly! Old is so bad when one has spent so many years being white & male.
But being fat makes it even worse because unlike minorities & the poor, being fat
for white men is a sign of excess, sloth, wealth, power, status, conservatism & greed.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Well hello, reasonable person! Don't you think it's interesting that in the survey I posted, those who are least likely to experience an unplanned pregnancy are the most likely to be anti-choice?

Hunh. Well, go figure.

I got an idea. I invite all those having fun right now poking fun at feminists to join us in your satire thread. :p

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
It's easier to just blame men, than to face the fact that women aren't all pro-choice feminists,
or even uniform in their beliefs. Heavens! Millions of women are even...gasp...Republicans!

I haven't seen any blaming of men just because they're men; only the suggestion that men who oppose women's rights may have different motives than women who do, which I think makes sense.

freethinker44

I have never met anyone who is anti-choice, but that anti-life argument doesn't mean anything to anyone who is pro-life. Try to see it through the eyes of a pro-lifer, you are pretty much just pointing out that more responsible people are more likely to make the right moral choices.

freethinker44

I haven't seen any blaming of men just because they're men; only the suggestion that men who oppose women's rights may have different motives than women who do, which I think makes sense.

What does this have to do with abortion. Abortion isn't about womens rights, it is about the right to life.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I haven't seen any blaming of men just because they're men; only the suggestion that men who oppose women's rights may have different motives than women who do....
I mock this unsupported broad presumption & demonizing tone.
And I have seen the blaming of men, especially the old fat white ones.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What does this have to do with abortion. Abortion isn't about womens rights, it is about the right to life.

I thought we had gone over this many times in other threads, but to reiterate what I said there: how is it about "the right to life" before a fetus is even viable?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I mock this unsupported broad presumption & demonizing tone.
And I have seen the blaming of men, especially the old fat white ones.

I don't think any of my posts contained a demonizing or presumptuous tone. I realize that anti-abortion people may have good intentions at heart, but I still disagree with their stance in general. I don't see how that would be demonizing at all.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I see it as both too.
But I see fetus' right to life trumping abortion rights. Once the fetus is viable, the right to chose becomes null IMO.
Gotta draw the line somewhere. I don't see any objective way
to locate it, just that there will be some unhappy compromise.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Exactly! Old is so bad when one has spent so many years being white & male.
But being fat makes it even worse because unlike minorities & the poor, being fat
for white men is a sign of excess, sloth, wealth, power, status, conservatism & greed.

Thereis even more manhood and whiteness per area...

How was I so blind?! :cover:

Me Myself

Back to my username
I don't think any of my posts contained a demonizing or presumptuous tone. I realize that anti-abortion people may have good intentions at heart, but I still disagree with their stance in general. I don't see how that would be demonizing at all.

A lot of people pretend it has something to do with hating women.

Pagan_Patriot

A lot of people pretend it has something to do with hating women.

Why do you think they do?...

Call it a conspiracy, but I think this will eventually make minority women have less kids, because as the steriotype goes, the black and latino women are less smart than all the others, so they are easier to fool, and they have more kids than other groups. So if we can empower them and convince them to abort or use contraception, we can lower their birth rates, thus drastically lowering crime in this country.

I apologize if this offends anyone, but I think that is what feminism will result in. But if it is true, then I gotta hand it to the people who are keeping this movement goin. I think it will work.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Why do you think they do?...

Call it a conspiracy, but I think this will eventually make minority women have less kids, because as the steriotype goes, the black and latino women are less smart than all the others, so they are easier to fool, and they have more kids than other groups. So if we can empower them and convince them to abort or use contraception, we can lower their birth rates, thus drastically lowering crime in this country.

I apologize if this offends anyone, but I think that is what feminism will result in. But if it is true, then I gotta hand it to the people who are keeping this movement goin. I think it will work.

Its easier to hate those who disagree with you if you change their motivations to something more hateable? :shrug:

Feminism is too broad. I assume some do, I dont know how many, but they make other segments lose credibility.