• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro-life and control of women- where do we draw the line?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
To me this is my biggest reason for being pro choice. If you believe men should be able to tell a woman what to do with her own body where does it end?

What other female rights do pro lifers advocate taking away?

Because the choice over one's own body is a big deal when it comes to individual freedom and rights

I'm just wondering where the line gets drawn? How much control would be too much?

What gives men or a political party that right?

Pagan_Patriot

What does being pro-life have to do with restricting womens' rights?

People can be pro-life for a moral reason.

That's like saying, what gives a political party the right to kill a human.

Rainbow Mage

What does being pro-life have to do with restricting womens' rights?

People can be pro-life for a moral reason.

That's like saying, what gives a political party the right to kill a human.

What does it have to do with restricting a woman's rights? Oh I dunno, only making a woman keep something inside her body she doesn't want there.

A fetus is a human?

Rainbow Mage

Then why did she have it in the first place?

To some, it is.

The first statement- why did she have it- is a non sequitur. Its irrelevant to the issue at hand. Why should a man get to make the decision instead of a woman?

As for some seeing a fetus as a human- doesn't make it so. A fetus is underdeveloped tissues in early development. How many tissues do our bodies destroy everyday?

freethinker44

The first statement- why did she have it- is a non sequitur. Its irrelevant to the issue at hand. Why should a man get to make the decision instead of a woman?

As for some seeing a fetus as a human- doesn't make it so. A fetus is underdeveloped tissues in early development. How many tissues do our bodies destroy everyday?

Tell that to the thousands of premature babies. I don't think they got the memo that they aren't supposed to be human life, because they are doing one hell of a job pretending to be human. :facepalm:

Pagan_Patriot

You know, that's strange that a man has no say in this. It takes 2 to make a child, so why can't a man have a say in it? And why is it that when the child is born, if the father doesn't want it, then he is forced to pay for it anyways? That sounds like control of men to me.

freethinker44

You know, that's strange that a man has no say in this. It takes 2 to make a child, so why can't a man have a say in it? And why is it that when the child is born, if the father doesn't want it, then he is forced to pay for it anyways? That sounds like control of men to me.

That's not how feminism works. They don't want equality, they want men to pay for being born with a penis. If a woman voices opinion, she is being liberated. If a man voices opinion he is being a control freak. It's a funny thing about hypocrites.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't think my being pro-life restricts women's rights. It's legal so women can still do this, but that doesn't mean that personally I have to like it. But at the same time, I am not going to barricade myself in front of an abortion clinic or anything.

Last edited:

freethinker44

I don't think my being pro-life restricts women's rights. It's legal so women can still do this, but that doesn't mean that personally, I have to like it. But at the same time, I am not going to barricade myself in front of an abortion clinic or anything.

I'm sorry, you can't be pro-life if you are woman. Pro-life is about controlling women and you aren't allowed to control yourself so, I'm afraid you are going to have to switch to pro-choice because it might screw up their argument if a woman is pro-life. :sarcastic

gnomon

Men have had a say in this in multiple cultures, if not most of them, throughout human history. Look at divorce laws throughout history. In modern cultures if a woman decides to abort a child and the man is unhappy he can seek a divorce.

As far as men paying for children women decide to have they had the choice to begin with in deciding to have sex.

Your argument is invalid from every angle except in that very rare instance where a woman rapes a man and decides to have a child from the result of that rape.

As it is many cultures have held a stranglehold on women by forcing them into a role of servitude either through force or shame in regards to childbirth when modern observations have shown us that so many fertilized eggs are spontaneously aborted before childbirth even enters into the equation.

Such compassionate gods there huh?

Men have had a say it in this debate among practically every culture since recorded history. Let's not be stupid about this.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
To me this is my biggest reason for being pro choice. If you believe men should be able to tell a woman what to do with her own body where does it end?

Because the choice over one's own body is a big deal when it comes to individual freedom and rights

I'm just wondering where the line gets drawn? How much control would be too much?

the same principle of 'right over ones own body' applies to children too.

they have the right to live. Why are they refused the right to life?
Im sure you are happy with your mothers decision not to end your life when you were in the womb... does anyone disagree with her decision to let them live???

gnomon

the same principle of 'right over ones own body' applies to children too.

they have the right to live. Why are they refused the right to life?
Im sure you are happy with your mothers decision not to end your life when you were in the womb... does anyone disagree with her decision to let them live???

Does every spontaneously aborted fetus have the right to live even though they are spontaneously aborted?

Given that modern medical observations tell us that approximately half of all fertilized eggs are aborted in such a manner what right did they have to be full fledged human beings when the biological design is aborting them without any outside interference?

I'm sure you feel lucky that all the fertilized zygotes destroyed based upon basic biology, which would be according to every cultures theological demand, lost their right to live solely based upon what.......poor Godly design?

Does anyone disagree with God's decision of spontaneous abortion of fertilized zygotes? A common occurrence through a woman's period? Why are miscarriages so common anyway if some divine being declared such an importance upon these beings?

Me Myself

Back to my username

My freedom to use my my own hand to take a knife and stab someone or to kick someone in tha head with my own foot is severely limited too.

I understand the reason, and I am happy it is so. I dont at all think I or anyone should be given the choice of whether they should choose it okay to do this hings or not, unless we are talking about self defense

Me Myself

Back to my username
Does every spontaneously aborted fetus have the right to live even though they are spontaneously aborted?

Given that modern medical observations tell us that approximately half of all fertilized eggs are aborted in such a manner what right did they have to be full fledged human beings when the biological design is aborting them without any outside interference?

I'm sure you feel lucky that all the fertilized zygotes destroyed based upon basic biology, which would be according to every cultures theological demand, lost their right to live solely based upon what.......poor Godly design?

Does anyone disagree with God's decision of spontaneous abortion of fertilized zygotes? A common occurrence through a woman's period? Why are miscarriages so common anyway if some divine being declared such an importance upon these beings?

Do we have any method to discover what zygotes will be spontaneously killed? If we did, then why abort them anyways?

Me Myself

Back to my username

Being a developing tissue has notng to do with this. A teen is tissue in development too.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I don't think my being pro-life restricts women's rights. It's legal so women can still do this, but that doesn't mean that personally I have to like it. But at the same time, I am not going to barricade myself in front of an abortion clinic or anything.

I am sad to say we are too far gone. If it is true that legislation cant prevent this, then there is no use for e law anyways.

So sure, I d guess I d be with you about not forcing it by law.

I guess we as a humanity are not ready for that basic moral standard. I hope we will be some day, hopefully soon enough.

Me Myself

Back to my username

Decision of what? Is anyone here saying that women cannot abort without permission of some men?

We are saying no one should have the choice to end the life of an unborn human being.

That simple.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

when spontaneous abortion occurs its because the foetus is not viable, it hasnt developed normally. And yes, many pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion because there is no human life developing...the body does discard a bunch of cells.

But that is not the type of abortion we are discussing... we are talking about healthy productive foetus's.