• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential Debates Tonight!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Are you going to watch the debates tonight? Sept 29. 6 PM my time.

If so, what do you expect to see?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I’m not even American and I’m like

upload_2020-9-30_3-52-12.gif

PureX

Veteran Member

I expect to see Trump lie about everything. Literally, everything! While I expect to see Biden pretend he cares about the "plight of ordinary Americans" (he doesn't, and he never has). I expect to see him pretend he has a spine and will stand up to the corporate interests that have owned his sorry senatorial *** for the last 30 years, while he'll pretend he has a plan for the future (he doesn't, except to do whatever his rich patrons and cronies tell him to do, as always), and he'll pretend he's not just a moderate republican calling himself a "democrat".

I expect to see two incredibly bad candidates for president display all the worst personality traits that Americans have to offer in terms of intelligent, compassionate leadership, because that's the way our corporate overlords want it. And because they always get what they want.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What great programs are going to be bumped for this?

I generally stick to Youtube, Netflix, Prime Video. Likely about the only time I'd be interested in watching broadcast news.

Personally, I have no idea what to expect.

Friend of Mara

I bet youtube will be doing it. I am gonna be out and about tonight during this but I'll try to stay plugged in. I'm sure there will be many compilation videos.

But as usual Trump will say a bunch of stuff. Maybe some of it might even be coincidentally true. Most will be incoherent. Some maga boys will nut themselves. Joe will spend most of the time trying to make up names of people on the fly for his anecdotes that he thinks will make him seem relatable.

"Oh yes. I have the best electioners. The greatest. Most only have a few but I have so many. Joe has never even had one. Lots of people tell me it. For sure. All the time."

"Listen here cornpop mcguffin the 3rd was a good friend of mine. Me, him and Jerry two Knees used to sit by the railroad tracks putting peanuts in our coke-acola. We even hung out with black people sometimes. So you can take that to the bank and cash that check with a permanent marker."

Moderator: "The question was 'what are you going to do to help the economy'? "

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

Yep, Not voting for Trump but want to see how Biden does. If he does really bad I may vote independent again but it would have to be really bad.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I bet youtube will be doing it. I am gonna be out and about tonight during this but I'll try to stay plugged in. I'm sure there will be many compilation videos.

But as usual Trump will say a bunch of stuff. Maybe some of it might even be coincidentally true. Most will be incoherent. Some maga boys will nut themselves. Joe will spend most of the time trying to make up names of people on the fly for his anecdotes that he thinks will make him seem relatable.

"Oh yes. I have the best electioners. The greatest. Most only have a few but I have so many. Joe has never even had one. Lots of people tell me it. For sure. All the time."

"Listen here cornpop mcguffin the 3rd was a good friend of mine. Me, him and Jerry two Knees used to sit by the railroad tracks putting peanuts in our coke-acola. We even hung out with black people sometimes. So you can take that to the bank and cash that check with a permanent marker."

Moderator: "The question was 'what are you going to do to help the economy'? "

If you get a chance check out the video in post 10. Great minds think alike.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I am but I expect to be annoyed and disappointed. I see presidency as something formal. Ideally, people give good representation of the country they work for and countries they work with.

I have a feeling the debate would be some rediculous food fight. I'm curious but that's about it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We won't watch - we can't stand Trump and want to keep our blood pressure under control.

We will check excerpts, highlights and headlines afterwards.

LightofTruth

I expect to see Trump lie about everything. Literally, everything! While I expect to see Biden pretend he cares about the "plight of ordinary Americans" (he doesn't, and he never has). I expect to see him pretend he has a spine and will stand up to the corporate interests that have owned his sorry senatorial *** for the last 30 years, while he'll pretend he has a plan for the future (he doesn't, except to do whatever his rich patrons and cronies tell him to do, as always), and he'll pretend he's not just a moderate republican calling himself a "democrat".

I expect to see two incredibly bad candidates for president display all the worst personality traits that Americans have to offer in terms of intelligent, compassionate leadership, because that's the way our corporate overlords want it. And because they always get what they want.

BINGO!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
We won't watch - we can't stand Trump and want to keep our blood pressure under control.

We will check excerpts, highlights and headlines afterwards.

Yes, your health is important. Especially considering medical costs.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Definitely watching!

I expect to see Trump being nasty and personal.

I expect to see Biden keep his cool, and be in command of his facts.

But what I really HOPE to see -- is Biden ask about the $70,000 in hairstyling as deductible business expenses, and ask "for what?"

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Distopian...sad...likely not far from the truth...:(