• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Polling how many here believe...

How many here believe you must be born of heaven (born again/anew):

• I'm born again, i.e. supernaturally transformed and indwelt by the Spirit(Holy), right now

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I won't know if I'm saved until judgment day reveals it

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • The concept of being saved does not apply to me

Votes: 32 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whathell

The Bible, if it is the word of God, applies to all mankind. And if it does apply to all man kind, it should directly apply. Meaning that I should be able to understand it. If God blinds me in order that I can't understand it, then God can't blame me for not understanding it the way He would want me to.

It's not Christians we dislike. It's your preaching. Fact of the matter, salvation doesn't apply to non-Christians. There is nothing to be saved from and there is no savior to do the saving.
You wrote:
[The Bible, if it is the word of God, applies to all mankind. And if it does apply to all man kind, it should directly apply. Meaning that I should be able to understand it. If God blinds me in order that I can't understand it, then God can't blame me for not understanding it the way He would want me to.]

It's not that God blinded man ...sin has blinded man.

Yeshua/Jesus came that we may believe on him and have the blinders removed ...if you so will to trust in him.

You wrote:
[It's not Christians we dislike. It's your preaching. Fact of the matter, salvation doesn't apply to non-Christians. There is nothing to be saved from and there is no savior to do the saving.]

God so loved all that he gave us his Son ...even while we were in darkness that we may have hope of the glorious future he wishes for all mankind.

All we need do is try him on his terms to when he approahes us.

Just say YES Lord ...let go and let God!

Then you will find-out what many truly saved have been telling you for some time now.

Whathell

I understand, but he's spot on.....any claim any religion can make is easily matched by any religion. SO one must find an answer to their religion for themselves and live with that decision.

You chose your path and I chose mine. Hopefully it all works out in the wash. :D

You wrote:
[SO one must find an answer to their religion for themselves and live with that decision.]

Why not just drop religion for a true relationship with Yeshua/Jesus Christ?

In the end, this is whom you will have to face, like it or not.

Whathell

What a load of crap! Please! Why do you people go on spouting "the Bible says" as if that means something? Enough already! Sheesh!

You wrote:
[What a load of crap! Please!]

LOL ...I use to think the same thing.

But now I see!

You'd be surprised at how easy it is to find him when you really want to ...one can get saved (born again supernaturally by God's Holy Spirit) in minutes.

None of this devoting your whole life in a wish and dream ...I'm talking about know of his existence as sure as you know yourself.

But hey, I know how it sounds, nevertheless, its true.

Whathell

It's usually best if you cut out the "read" part of that tendency when it comes to Scripture. Not that it matters much. Some skim. Some study. Others ignore. And every one of them is convinced that they know the answers...

One thing I agree with you on "
Is dangerous"

It's best to find Christ Yeshua/Jesus

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid

One thing I agree with you on "
Is dangerous"

It's best to find Christ Yeshua/Jesus

This is precisely Why they don't like you. Preaching, Preaching, Preaching.

This is a discussion/debate forum, Not a let's see how many people I can change to my views forum.

Preaching is only welcome on Christian Forums, not mixed religion forums

Whathell

This is precisely Why they don't like you. Preaching, Preaching, Preaching.

This is a discussion/debate forum, Not a let's see how many people I can change to my views forum.

Preaching is only welcome on Christian Forums, not mixed religion forums

You wrote:
[
This is a discussion/debate forum, Not a let's see how many people I can change to my views forum]

No, actually this is a POLLING forum.

Also, I'm not trying to constrain anything you have to say ...nor does it make me not like you

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
You wrote:
No, actually this is a POLLING forum.
No The forum statement says:
As a community of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, our aim is to provide a civil environment, informative, respectful and welcoming where people of diverse beliefs can discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another.
We're on a polling thread, if there was no poll attached this would have been a debate thread

OmarKhayyam

You wrote:
[Your religion is...]

Oh ...excuse me ...I have no religion! I have Yeshua/Jesus who is not a religion ...okay ...continue your comedic banter:D

Well – to rephrase.

Your belief in JC is no more "true" (that is fact based) than any other of the several thousand similar mythic figures we have invented. Your JC is no more (and no less) worthy of belief than Athena or Odin or the FSM. Your favorite book of fables recording what he is alleged to have said is just that. A book of fables. It has no more "truth" than the Upanishads or Aesop or the Koran.

In short - you believe in a mythic figure. One of hundreds and a not a particularly well thought out one. And certainly accounts of him are NOT very well written. As evidenced by the fact that even those who devote much time and effort to the study of what he is supposed to have said can't agree on even his most basic tenets.

As the bearer of the inerrant Word of God JC is less impressive than Doonesbury. Which is at least funny.

OmarKhayyam

"You'd be surprised at how easy it is to find him when you really want to ...one can get saved (born again supernaturally by God's Holy Spirit) in minutes."

When you decide to believe it - THEN you will believe it.:rolleyes:

What a pile of male bovine feces.:p Produce the EVIDENCE - convincing evidence - THEN I will believe it.:shout

Mr Cheese

I'm getting the impression from the short time I've been online here that Christians aren't liked very much for some reason.

If so, please don't take it out on me ...I don't know what's been going on with this site.

I have no problem with christians....

I understand exoteric views, I just find them simplistic, neccessary but simple...
They are somewhere to start, not end.

Being born again for a Christian (exoteric) is rather simnplistic...
In an esoteric sense it requires the process of Theosis, whch has several stages.

Being born again, is a mystical process where the old self through interaction with the divine literally dies. A new person is reborn.... christians understand this concept often, but seldom understand the actual mystical process... that generally only occurs after contemplation.... While some may literally be born again, I would say the vast majority are just saying it..... It really comes down to as has been mentioned, things like calvinism, fear of damnation and evengelical christianity.

Essentially we have a watered down and largely misunderstood deeper truth. Spiritual practises are transforming ones, indeed spiritual practises will change the body's chemistry. But I understand this is an exoteric thread, so my apologies.

I would say yes, being saved is very important, as it essentially involves the death of the ego and the controlling mundane "I" consciouness to awaken the Christ or awakend/divine "I" consciouness. This is however something the vast majority of exoteric christians never approach when they are being "saved."

Here is a kabbalistic diagram that illustrates a map of conciousness that can show us greater depths as regards this subject.

(Grabs remaining pearls and runs away)

ada.gif

Mr Cheese

Originally Posted by Whathell
Why not just drop religion for a true relationship with Yeshua/Jesus Christ?

In the end, this is whom you will have to face, like it or not.

Obey and fear me or go to the corner , for all eternity....
Sigh, carrot and stick religion...

rather simplistic

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
You wrote:

It's not that God blinded man ...sin has blinded man.

Yeshua/Jesus came that we may believe on him and have the blinders removed ...if you so will to trust in him.

I bet. Believe in Jesus and the blinders will be removed...Well, doesn't Jesus say somewhere that no man comes to the father unless the holy spirit has called him? I used to be a Christian. But you can only lie to yourself for so long.

God so loved all that he gave us his Son ...even while we were in darkness that we may have hope of the glorious future he wishes for all mankind.

All we need do is try him on his terms to when he approahes us.

Just say YES Lord ...let go and let God!

Then you will find-out what many truly saved have been telling you for some time now.

I was saved before. I "let go and let God". All I found was a church full of corruption, a Bible with all sorts of problems that "we sinners just can't understand" and a god who couldn't make up his mind. To be honest, I feel more "saved" now then I ever did as a Christian.

blackout

Violet.
Being born again, is a mystical process where the old self through interaction with the divine literally dies. A new person is reborn.... christians understand this concept often, but seldom understand the actual mystical process... that generally only occurs after contemplation.... While some may literally be born again, I would say the vast majority are just saying it..... It really comes down to as has been mentioned, things like calvinism, fear of damnation and evengelical christianity.

Essentially we have a watered down and largely misunderstood deeper truth. Spiritual practises are transforming ones, indeed spiritual practises will change the body's chemistry. But I understand this is an exoteric thread, so my apologies.

I would say yes, being saved is very important, as it essentially involves the death of the ego and the controlling mundane "I" consciouness to awaken the Christ or awakend/divine "I" consciouness. This is however something the vast majority of exoteric christians never approach when they are being "saved."

I have such a hard time finding the right words to express this.

The Christ --- awakened/divine "I"-- Consciousness
is in fact the way the truth and the life.
If you want to "do greater things"...
you don't need to "ask jesus".
You don't need to make an idol or demi-god of another being (jesus).
It also follows that, following "the way" will only make you a follower.
You need to live the way...
BE and embody the way...
find/awaken/remember the Universal Christ Conscioiusness within your own Self.

It is The Christ you find within. Not the "character"/figure jesus.

This anyway, has been my own experience...
as one who went from devout mainstream christian,
to out of church (in the wilderness) christian,
to non christian.

I did not find Christ consciousness/empowerment... embrace my inheritance...
until I died to everything that held my old psyche together...
including religion.... superstition... taboos..
Which was death to new life for me. Literally.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
You wrote:
[In short - you believe a myth.]

@Forum

This is hilarious to me since I know from experience Yeshua/Jesus is real.

I only hope one finds out sooner than later also

We tend to define our experiences in terms that we are either...
1. Already familiar with/invested in
or
2. In new terms that we somehow connect with a new sort/kind of experience.
(because our old terms don't fit the new paradigm... and us humans seem to require "terms" for things.)

We like to connect things.
So we do.

I have personally found esoteric connections to conduct the most inner power.
That inner power is then (re) conducted outwardly.

But that again... is me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.