• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Polling how many here believe...

How many here believe you must be born of heaven (born again/anew):

• I'm born again, i.e. supernaturally transformed and indwelt by the Spirit(Holy), right now

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I won't know if I'm saved until judgment day reveals it

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • The concept of being saved does not apply to me

Votes: 32 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue Cardinal

Devil's Advocate
Since you know this ...what do you think he'd be likely to say in response to your note?

Remember you are not speaking on a man and one day you may have to answer for your very words

Well you are asking me to ASSUME God is real. I cannot do that. I perfect being wouldn't be such a vile creature. So I assert that the Bible is fictional because GOd is just too human....all too human.

Rogue Cardinal

Devil's Advocate
You wrote:
[SO one must find an answer to their religion for themselves and live with that decision.]

Why not just drop religion for a true relationship with Yeshua/Jesus Christ?

In the end, this is whom you will have to face, like it or not.
Why not just drop religion.........you almost had it. But you had to keep talking.

You have no proof that I will "meet my maker". All you have is words that are empty and mean nothing. I should believe in your JEsus for the same amount of proof I should believe in Santa Claus.

richardlowellt

...that you must be born of heaven or born again/anew?

According to New Testament scripture:

The word Gospel actually means GOOD NEWS. Part of Yeshua/Jesus Christ's basic GOOD NEWS message which his disciples preached also was that one must be born again to receive salvation (or to be saved).

Yeshua/Jesus Christ mentioned often the pending wrath of God and that one should avoid it by accept him. The body of believers accepted this message and were transformed by the Holy Spirit the same day per bible scripture.

Mods, I ask that you set the sticky on this one please. So the poll will become somewhat meaningful.

How's your poll going? I don't think it's going the way you expected 24 to 4 in favor of those who think "being saved" is a bit foolish.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Since you know this ...what do you think he'd be likely to say in response to your note?

Remember you are not speaking on a man and one day you may have to answer for your very words

Well one day the IPU may trample you with her holy hooves, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over either possibility.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You wrote:
[
In short - you believe a myth.]

@Forum

This is hilarious to me since I know from experience Yeshua/Jesus is real.

I only hope one finds out sooner than later also

What was that experience? Can anyone experience it?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You wrote:
[The Bible, if it is the word of God, applies to all mankind. And if it does apply to all man kind, it should directly apply. Meaning that I should be able to understand it. If God blinds me in order that I can't understand it, then God can't blame me for not understanding it the way He would want me to.]

It's not that God blinded man ...sin has blinded man.

Yeshua/Jesus came that we may believe on him and have the blinders removed ...if you so will to trust in him.

You wrote:
[It's not Christians we dislike. It's your preaching. Fact of the matter, salvation doesn't apply to non-Christians. There is nothing to be saved from and there is no savior to do the saving.]

God so loved all that he gave us his Son ...even while we were in darkness that we may have hope of the glorious future he wishes for all mankind.

All we need do is try him on his terms to when he approahes us.

Just say YES Lord ...let go and let God!

Then you will find-out what many truly saved have been telling you for some time now.

You're not listening. IT'S YOUR PREACHING HE DISLIKES. Do you really think that preaching at him was an appropriate response to his post?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You wrote:
[SO one must find an answer to their religion for themselves and live with that decision.]

Would you like to learn to use the quote function? It's helpful to you and very helpful to your readers.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You wrote:

Can you support this assertion?
How is belief in Yeshua not a religion?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

You wrote:
[What a load of crap! Please!]

LOL ...I use to think the same thing.

But now I see!

You'd be surprised at how easy it is to find him when you really want to ...one can get saved (born again supernaturally by God's Holy Spirit) in minutes.

None of this devoting your whole life in a wish and dream ...I'm talking about know of his existence as sure as you know yourself.

But hey, I know how it sounds, nevertheless, its true.

Did you know that proselytizing is not allowed on this forum? If you have an argument to make, please make it, and cut the preaching.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You wrote:
[
This is a discussion/debate forum, Not a let's see how many people I can change to my views forum]

No, actually this is a POLLING forum.

Also, I'm not trying to constrain anything you have to say ...nor does it make me not like you

No, actually, it's a debate forum. Maybe you need to familiarize yourself with the site, its format and rules before you go any further.

OmarKhayyam

I fear Whathell has abandoned us to our non-belief. The fate of our souls may no longer concern him.

How are we to cope with this disregard??

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Whathell it would seem this thread has gotten way off its original course. Might I recommend that you create a post explaining explicitly what it is you hope to discuss in this thread. I know it has something to do with the concept of "being saved" but I'm afraid I'm a bit fuzzy as to the specific purpose of this thread so perhaps you could clarify? I think this thread could have some potential if we can steer it away from the flame war its turned into.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
It's usually best if you cut out the "read" part of that tendency when it comes to Scripture. Not that it matters much. Some skim. Some study. Others ignore. And every one of them is convinced that they know the answers...

Why? If nothing else, I enjoy reading it.

And Scripture has been a big help to me, by the way.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
You wrote:
[Your religion is...]

Oh ...excuse me ...I have no religion! I have Yeshua/Jesus who is not a religion ...okay ...continue your comedic banter

:D

Religion comes from a word that means Union. So, yes you do have religion with Yeshua/Jesus. (Or will in the future.)

Status
Not open for further replies.