• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Polling how many here believe...

How many here believe you must be born of heaven (born again/anew):

• I'm born again, i.e. supernaturally transformed and indwelt by the Spirit(Holy), right now

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I won't know if I'm saved until judgment day reveals it

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • The concept of being saved does not apply to me

Votes: 32 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke

Done here.
Sheryl Crow expressed my thoughts about it pretty well:
I took the I-95 down to Pensacola
All I found was a bunch of holy rollers
They don't know nothin' 'bout savin' me.​

richardlowellt

The bible contains the Word of God.
No it contains the words of frighten old men, men who feared women, who condones slavery rape and murder, a book written by multiple authors who can't agree on important events, a book who original meaning, if it ever had one, has been lost through numerous translations, no god would be responsible for the horrors depicted in the bible, unless you care to admit this god is a demon god.

blackout

Violet.
In an esoteric sense yes.

When the constructs of my mentally upheld world fell,
I found mySelf in a whole new place.
Both graveyard and garden.
The heightened experience of dark... and light.
It was not until then that I was able to "Realize" who I was...
who I am...
and who I am BEcoming.

I took my scepter/wand/staff as Heiress of Source.
(sourceress)

I'm strictly speaking biblically here

It was/is right in keeping with Y'shua's Kingdom teachings.
At the time of my heightened reality experience/paradigm shift,
I was an out of church christian with emphasis on the kingdom teachings.
So it was in light/terms of the esoteric nature of (those) christian symbolisms
that my experience first unfolded.

Still I am comfortable saying that I am an Heiress of the Kingdom,
and the Kingdom is Now. Within...and then branching up and out... in Your midst.
In the Midst of you.

"Salvation"? Is now. You save yourSelf from a world who would like to steal you...use you.
The world at large does not want you to be your most powerful, wonderful, unique, and Self directed you.
The world wants you instead to "play your part". eh.

Last edited:

Whathell

Is this it?

When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations … then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. (Deuteronomy 7:1-2)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest you haven't actually read the Bible from start to finish.

I wish I had a dollar for every person who threw around script without context.

Anyway, that's probably why script also says:

1 Corinthians 2:14 (New International Version)

14. The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Whathell

It was/is right in keeping with Y'shua's Kingdom teachings.
At the time of my heightened reality experience/paradigm shift,
I was an out of church christian with emphasis on the kingdom teachings.
So it was in light/terms of the esoteric nature of (those) christian symbolisms
that my experience first unfolded.

and the Kingdom is Now. Within...and then branching up and out... in Your midst.
In the Midst of you.

"Salvation"? Is now. You save yourSelf from a world who would like to steal you...use you.
The world at large does not want you to be your most powerful, wonderful, unique, and Self directed you.

In the Midst of you.

"Salvation"? Is now. You save yourSelf from a world who would like to steal you.
And where in all this Yeshua/Jesus lifted up as the only way to be saved? Nowhere!

Again, this is a private interpretation and not what scripture supports.

John 3:3 (New International Version)

3. In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

OmarKhayyam

Ah yes. The "it doesn't mean what it says and you are just too blind to understand what it DOES mean" defense.

Have another glass of that Kool-Aid! The second one has even more kick than the 1st.

Whathell

Ah yes. The "it doesn't mean what it says and you are just too blind to understand what it DOES mean" defense.

Have another glass of that Kool-Aid! The second one has even more kick than the 1st.

((sigh))

It's like taking to someone about a book on electricity who just swears then can read and understand it ...but you already know it and that they don't have a clue!

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

I wish I had a dollar for every person who threw around script without context.
Oh please, provide the context, or how a spiritually discerning person justifies a commandment to commit genocide.

Did you know that posting in all bold is rude?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
In the Midst of you.

And where in all this Yeshua/Jesus lifted up as the only way to be saved? Nowhere!

Again, this is a private interpretation and not what scripture supports.

John 3:3 (New International Version)

3. In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

Now comes the part where you convince us that we should base our lives on your scripture.

OmarKhayyam

((sigh))

It's like taking to someone about a book on electricity who just swears then can read and understand it ...but you already know it and that they don't have a clue!

Well then Oh Enlightened One do please show we the dim and retarded the error of our ways. Should be easy for one of your learned and discerning ability.

Whathell

[/b]Oh please, provide the context, or how a spiritually discerning person justifies a commandment to commit genocide.

Did you know that posting in all bold is rude?

My are we picky.

It's better readability for me ...so excuse what your
etiquette seems to claim as rudeness.

Whathell

Well then Oh Enlightened One do please show we the dim and retarded the error of our ways. Should be easy for one of your learned and discerning ability.

Oh noooo nooo excuse me o Godless Heathen :bow: ...I have forgotten my place.

Please grace me with the true knowledge

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Whathell

I'm getting the impression from the short time I've been online here that Christians aren't liked very much for some reason.

If so, please don't take it out on me ...I don't know what's been going on with this site.

Rogue Cardinal

Devil's Advocate
It's not that Christians aren't liked very much....the problem is that you come in here and basically attack another religion and you have yet to really do anything profound. you haven't said anything important and the fact of the matter is your Bible could very easily be used to show you the error of your religion and your God.

For example....it's really clear should you read the bible that Jesus does NOT full the prophesy of the Bible. Eh does if you pick and chose prophesy....but if you go by what the bible says.....Old JC falls rather short. So before you make claims about another religion being false or falling short perhaps you should examine yours a bit more closely so that you aren't in a constant state of shock when your religion is proven as fruitless as the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.