• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Plant feelings

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Eddy Daze,
Yes, in India we all know about Jagdish Chandra Bose and his experiments on plant feelings.
What meditators have been telling; now, scientifically they are getting proved.
Love & rgds

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
I notice though on the wiki site they have added the word "Paranormal" to the stuff about is research, is this a sign that they are attempting to bury his research, because it goes against mainstream.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Eddy Daze,
Dr.JC Bose was a great scientist.
He was first in developing the radio but never Patented it which Marconi went and did.
Then he started on this experiment but before he could complete it, he expired.

As for being taken as * paranormal*; it is ok as surely it is not normal still but surely in another 100 years, could be normal.
Would rather take it that not many have shown much interest in the subject so far as it will never pay to find something like this which is only good for an understanding.

Love & rgds

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I just want to say..Im sorry to the plant(it was a snake plant..or like mother of tonge)..I had for like 12 years..I got mad at my husbands mother..and mad at my husband..and I killed it.I threw it in the yard..(when I was drunk )..I feel like crap..I cant forget about it..I cant forgive myself..

I keep thinking I can get a "new one"..But it wont take away I just killed it.I wake up at night with regret..I look in the corner where it was for all those years and hate myself for being so mean.

I cant "undo" it..

Love

Dallas

lunamoth

Will to love
I just want to say..Im sorry to the plant(it was a snake plant..or like mother of tonge)..I had for like 12 years..I got mad at my husbands mother..and mad at my husband..and I killed it.I threw it in the yard..(when I was drunk )..I feel like crap..I cant forget about it..I cant forgive myself..

I keep thinking I can get a "new one"..But it wont take away I just killed it.I wake up at night with regret..I look in the corner where it was for all those years and hate myself for being so mean.

I cant "undo" it..

Love

Dallas

I had to abandon some wonderful, LARGE plants when we moved from NY to MO. It could have been done, they could have been moved, but I as much as I enjoyed those plants I was just tired of making special arrangements to get them from one abode to another. Plus, that was the first move we made with a baby (only one at the time).

So, to save my own sanity I just put them outside, to die of cold and neglect.

It will haunt me all my days...but I really don't think the plants felt a thing.

So, in loving memory of:

Very Large Cactus, 1980-2001 R.I.P.
Very Large Coffee Tree, 1983-2001 (I raised it from a single, cultured cell *sniff*) R.I.P.
Very Large Snake Plant, ????-2001 R.I.P.

May God have mercy on me.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I had to abandon some wonderful, LARGE plants when we moved from NY to MO. It could have been done, they could have been moved, but I as much as I enjoyed those plants I was just tired of making special arrangements to get them from one abode to another. Plus, that was the first move we made with a baby (only one at the time).

So, to save my own sanity I just put them outside, to die of cold and neglect.

It will haunt me all my days...but I really don't think the plants felt a thing.

So, in loving memory of:

Very Large Cactus, 1980-2001 R.I.P.
Very Large Coffee Tree, 1983-2001 (I raised it from a single, cultured cell *sniff*) R.I.P.
Very Large Snake Plant, ????-2001 R.I.P.

May God have mercy on me.

AWW ((((HUGS)))))

Love

Dallas

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Dallas Apple and lunamoth,

This was precisely what Dr.JC Bose was trying to prove that plants to feel and they respond to love to music etc.
Read the article from the link provided by friend Eddy Daze will give you some pointers.
Consciousness is there not only in plants but also in stones and so they are worshiped by followers of Sanatan Dharma.
Religion is nothing but a way/path to realise that consciouness.
Love & rgds

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Plants have some remarkable abilities.
They can use chemicals to communicate with each other and a few can send out calls for help to certain insect species.

Animal evolution is closely bound to plant evolution and vice versa.

One of the most respected figures among the Cherokee after Creator was Selu the corn mother.
She gave her life so that we would never starve.

wa:do

lunamoth

Will to love
Plants have some remarkable abilities.
They can use chemicals to communicate with each other and a few can send out calls for help to certain insect species.

It is pretty interesting. A plant attacked by a pathogen in one corner of field can send signals to nearby plants to induce their defenses, making them more resistant.

Plants can respond to all kinds of stimuli, but they don't have feelings/emotions.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Makes sense as they are not animals... but that doesn't mean they don't have their own systems that can do a similar job.
They transmit information in a way similar to a nervous system. Though naturally physically very different from any animal system.

wa:do

lunamoth

Will to love
doppelgänger;1401395 said:

There are lots of similarities between the way plant and animal cells receive various signals, chemical and electrical. There are various morphologies that maximize the coordination and reception of the signals.

But, plants do not have brains, emotions, or intelligence as we would describe it for animals.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
They don't have ANYTHING as we would describe it for animals. That doesn't mean they don't have their own versions.

lunamoth

Will to love
They don't have ANYTHING as we would describe it for animals. That doesn't mean they don't have their own versions.

I agree to a large extent. But plants do not have brains or nervous systems that would permit anything like what we consider feelings or intelligence.

Plants do amazing things, and intra and inter plant signal transduction (communication) pathways are fascinating. You can find many parallels in function. But, the plant versions of these things, while great at doing what plants need to do, will never include emotions or thought.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend luamoth,
Maybe what you are saying is right
However let us talk about CONSCIOUSNESS.
Do you agree that every thing has one?
even stones?

Love & rgds