• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People Who Defy Expectations

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Thank God.
And now mesdames et messieurs...stop with identity politics
There are Rightist LGBTs and transphobic leftists.

:)

Last edited:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Camille is not really surprising. A 70-some second wave libertarian terf? Sounds about right. Twitter and reddit are full of them.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So, if what she says is true, then the brain is not biology, and she provided proof she is a pudding brain. And, let's be honest. An arts professor is gonna go there? A field engulfed and driven by hyper-post-modernism-gone-amuck? And she's gonna say someone's feelings and emotions are just "blah, blah, oh well?"
She said it herself, her brain's not a biological component. It's pudding.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Camille is not really surprising. A 70-some second wave libertarian terf? Sounds about right. Twitter and reddit are full of them.
Kind of like that one who basically defined womanhood and femaleness as something that revolves around the struggles and hardships women usually face. Which must be a miserable life if she can't even look upon the aspects and behaviors and such of being female as something that defines womanhood and femaleness. Things like pregnancy, well, I've established one of them at least is a pudding brain so I assume others probably do assume we need reminding of the super obvious and without their patronizing efforts we'd forget water is wet.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I have learned to lower my expectations so that the disappointments of youth are not repeated. I no longer have expectations to be defied.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I ran across this....
What Feminist Camille Paglia Says About Transgenderism
Feminist....Bernie Sanders supporter...Jill Stein voter...
But...

Wow...she's rather fundie.

Who else breaks the mold?

Sam Harris been accused of being a white supremacist. Not surprising everyone is Hitler nowadays.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...ace-iq-forbidden-knowledge-podcast-bell-curve

Richard Dawkins is apparently a sexist, racist, ableist, and a pedophile.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...915cd8-6f64-11e4-a2c2-478179fd0489_story.html

But who knows anymore. If ya so much as disagree even with 1% of what the far left views as right and wrong, you are the worst person on earth.

greatdane

So, if what she says is true, then the brain is not biology, and she provided proof she is a pudding brain. And, let's be honest. An arts professor is gonna go there? A field engulfed and driven by hyper-post-modernism-gone-amuck? And she's gonna say someone's feelings and emotions are just "blah, blah, oh well?"
She said it herself, her brain's not a biological component. It's pudding.

What?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There are differences between a male brain and female brain, and the brains of transgender people have been found to look more like their identified sex rather than their birth-assigned sex. The brain is a part of biology. But that part is omitted in her claim. So I assume she has a non-biological brain, ergo (and because I love Dr. Who) she has a pudding brain.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I ran across this....
What Feminist Camille Paglia Says About Transgenderism
Feminist....Bernie Sanders supporter...Jill Stein voter...
But...

Wow...she's rather fundie.

Who else breaks the mold?
Lifelong Republican Kelsey Grammar strongly supported gay marriage. (Also, given how he’s mostly remembered for Frasier, his real life politics is a little ironic in a way.)

As an aside, I always roll my eyes so hard they endanger themselves of falling out of my head whenever anyone tries to use the sex argument against the existence of transgendered people. Geez I learnt the difference between sex and gender in proper detail back in like grade 9/10.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Anyone going to touch on the fact that her statement is 100% accurate?
Her statement is at best intellectually dishonest.
Anyone with a faint acquaintance with modern biology should know the difference between sex and gender. It’s beyond basic.

Incidentally, did you know there are people born with external female sex organs, normally identify as female and raised as female but are actually born with XY chromosomes?
XY gonadal dysgenesis - Wikipedia
There are also other chromosomal combinations in our species. XXY, XXX, XYX. Are men born with an extra X chromosome suddenly women now? Or are they supposed to be hermaphrodites? Pseudomites, perhaps? (That’s probably more plausible, given the symptoms one can potentially have. But it depends on the individual. I don’t know if I’d dub them “not men” for having an extra X chromosome though. Seems a little overly simplistic.)
Anyone who suggests that chromosomes are the be all and end all of sex and gender belie just how little they actually understand about genetics.

Last edited: